Black People : This forum needs a new rule - please

Ikoro

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2006
Peace fam.

I'm not around as much as I used to in terms of posting but I am reading quite a lot, I think this is why I am picking up on this problem.

We love Destee and we want it to improve, so here's my suggestion.

It is difficult to enter some threads on this forum without getting completely vexed at the lack of common forum sense in some members. I'm an not even fuming, but this is serious.

The problem?

One member will post a long - loooong post, and then the next member will quote the entire thing. THIS HAS TO STOP.

Example: http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65441

Can we get some sort of rule or make the mods and admins fix this when they see it? Some of these threads are crazy long and could be reduced by more than half if we found some way to limit the abuse of the quote button.

Peace and hi Elder Destee, thank you still for putting this site together. You know a brother is working on that premium member thing :D Much respect.

One,

- Ikoro

Peace fam.

I'm not around as much as I used to in terms of posting but I am reading quite a lot, I think this is why I am picking up on this problem.

We love Destee and we want it to improve, so here's my suggestion.

It is difficult to enter some threads on this forum without getting completely vexed at the lack of common forum sense in some members. I'm an not even fuming, but this is serious.

The problem?

One member will post a long - loooong post, and then the next member will quote the entire thing. THIS HAS TO STOP.

Example: http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65441

Can we get some sort of rule or make the mods and admins fix this when they see it? Some of these threads are crazy long and could be reduced by more than half if we found some way to limit the abuse of the quote button.

Peace and hi Elder Destee, thank you still for putting this site together. You know a brother is working on that premium member thing :D Much respect.

One,

- Ikoro

peace

I feel you and i don't usually do it like that, but felt it neccessary because of who i was dealing with in that conversation. There were so many accusations and lies flying around that i wanted to make sure i addressed every one of them......

i will try to keep it to a limit .....

Peace fam.

Brother (?) Info, this thread was in no way directed at you directly but at all our brothers and sisters here. It's a habit people have because the quote button is very practical, but it really destroys the browsing experience. But please do believe, I have nothing negative to say about you here at these forums. It was just an example, see so many everyday - that thread just happened to be the last one I was in. Bless.

Where are the mods/admins on this one?

One,

- Ikoro

Thankz for sharing this with us, and surely we can look into it , I do suggest as stated
above that one can quote out the main part of a thread that is related to the issues
they want to address.
But this what the quote button was for and it's purpose but i agree in long threads
we should just quote part of and not it's whole .

We will review it and do what's in the best intrest for the community

Thankz again
Destee.com community staff
Admin.
$$RICH$$

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back