Black People : This Community is WORK!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 15, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I am sitting here thinking about the escape from work i am getting, with the newly re-structured Moderating TEAM ... i have been going on and on about how happy and excited i am about this progressive change ... thanking Brother Kemetkind for pushing me over the cliff of this mountain ... thanking the Administrators and Moderators for being here, willing to help make this a reality ... looking forward to being a little bit removed from some processes ... only to find there's other big piles of stuff waiting to be worked! :eeek:

I mean Family ... this is no small operation ... even though we could be considered small!

It takes a lot of work to maintain what we have, and grow it too!

Anyway ... i think i'm stress'n a little ... :D

There are a gazillion things i'm supposed to be doing, folk waiting for me to speak to this, or do that, and i know this ... so please don't give up on me ... i'm coming ... i promise!

Thank you all so very much for being willing to WORK with me, with us ... and i want you to know, that i know, it is WORK!

Thank you so very much! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I Love Yall!

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Okay ... you wanna know what got me stress'n right now?

Well ... i posted here, asking the Family to help us with Frequently Asked Questions ... but we have a FAQ already ... it's just that it's really old and hasn't been updated in a very long time. I'm sure some of that stuff is no longer applicable.

So it didn't really take getting a LIVE ONLINE SUPPORT system, to have this need. The need and resource has been there, i've just not had time to update it ... but now i gotta ... because the LIVE ONLINE SUPPORT system / operators need it even more!

Okay ... that's why i'm stressing ... i didn't not do this before, because it wasn't needed ... there's just been so many other things that needed doing before that ... but now i gotta make time.

Okay ... in case anyone wondered what prompted this moment ... that's it! :D

So i guess i'll start by updating our old FAQ's ... :weights:

I know i'm stress'n ... but just imagine how much more KRAZEEE i'd be ... if i had to do this all alone! :nuts:

So let me be still ... be quiet ... and get back to work ... :grouphug:

Still ... if you have FAQ's to suggest ... please do ... as together we can come up with more!

Love Yall!

Destee

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Okay ... that aint all that has me stress'n ... there's more! :nuts:

Yall ... we are growing so fast !!!! So much new stuff happening ... so much buzz everywhere!

For those of you who don't know ... i think it's my nature to go slow, take my time, let things happen naturally ... okay ... i've lived like this for the most part here ... and it's been good, because it let me stay kinda calm, and i felt able to handle most things because everything moved at a nice, steady, slow pace.

But you know what though Family ... the energy of the community has always dictated what i should do first, next, etc. There have been times when i've recognized the need to do this or that, based simply on the fact that if i didn't, the community was gonna go on without me! It doesn't wait for me, it has an energy and momentum all its own. It's just that it's moved at a pace i could (relatively) keep up with.

Well ... that's over! :eeek: Things are moving so fast now! I can't hardly keep up!

We have all kinds of projects going on, thanks to the Brothers.

We have new features coming, some being implemented as i speak, some already with us.

We have an entirely new Management Team structure ... that we're implementing.

I just learned that we will be creating a new and dedicated TECH TEAM! Can yall believe that?!!! I have always wanted a TECH TEAM, but just never had the time to be the TEAM, and ... well ... it's coming now too!

We have so much ... plus the lights still have to be kept on ... and all that kinda stuff.

All of this on an old raggedy computer with not enough memory ... *sigh* ... me and Sister Purple! :heart:

I know growth is good ... and i aint try'n to hinder that ... but my my my! :nuts:

Destee

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    WHOA! HEY! HEY!

Slowdown over there.
    Awe, Com'ere Sister
    :couple:

Okay, this is how we gonna do it. One thing at a time.
    What would you like to do first? Which is the biggest job?
    Tell me what I can do to help make this go a little smoother and faster.

I'm already headed toward the Q&A thread, but if you rather I do
    something else, let me know. I'm ready.

Love ya! :love:

*whispering*cant have her over here going all crazy in public. got to do sumpth'n. Folks gonna think shes bout ta pull out. shoot! my Sister over here needing some help and I'm over here:toast:pina coladas.

I'm on my way Sister Destee!:run:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Awwww Sister Purple ... you're soooooo sweet !!! :cry: Thank You !!!! :love: :cry:

Ohhhhh Sister ... it's love like this that has really kept me going these years, and it will continue to sustain me ... i'm sure ... Thank You Sister !!! :love:

Okay ... yes ... i gotta see what should i be doing first.

I think i need to focus on the new Moderating Structure ... i don't want $$RICH$$ to ban me! :eeek:

Yes Sister Purple ... i saw the FAQ's you shared, and that's exactly what i need. What would be even more helpful ... is to provide the answers too! :D

Yes Yes Yes ... helping with the FAQ's would be great. If you (and anyone else that wanted to help), provided questions (and as many answers to those questions you can), that would help a lot! I can then come back and just fill in the blanks, edit if necessary, etc.

It would be good to do it in a separate thread Sister Purple ... perhaps one titled ... Frequently Asked Questions ... and then the Family can ask (and answer) whatever questions they think might come up from someone else ... everyone adding to it. That would be awesome! Just copy and paste your first questions to it.

Providing the answers to your questions (this is for everybody), will really be great because you may be able to give me a better answer to use, than the one i was gonna use! :D So please, don't hesitate sharing what you believe the answer to your question is. In addition to answering the questions, you want to be as succinct, brief, as possible, while fully answering the question. This is really a note to me, since i'm the long-winded one in the Famblee! :D

This will allow me to focus on some other things, while monitoring the FAQ thread, filling in the blanks, and adding it to the Support System and Frequently Asked Questions.

Matter of fact ... prior to going too far with this, we should create categories of FAQ's ... for example ... Poetry ... Chat ... Discussion .... Premium Membership ... Chess ... Online Classes ... Moderators ... Etc. ... whatever categories we may need ... and then ... when someone asks (and answers) their question ... they should also designate the category it should be in. This will help a lot too.

Here's an example of how the Family can submit their questions and answers:

Whew!

Thank You Sister Purple ... i love you !

Ya know Sister Purple ... i am so open to the community, going krazee many times, right in front of God and the world! Whew! But i don't mean for anyone to think that i'm about to quit or anything! I'm just so use to keeping it real with the Family, i don't know how else to do it!

But all is well ... we're gonna get through this ... together! :grouphug:

I hope the above is not too out of order to understand.

Thank You Sister Purple! :grouphug:

Destee

6. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

can i be of ANY help?

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Yes Brother DSS ... :love: ... you surely can!

Check this thread out ... Frequently Asked Questions ... and add all you can to it.

Sister Purple ... i've already made the thread, so you don't have to do that.

Love Yall and Thanks!

Destee

8. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    it

would be hard for me to think up questions because i've been here so long
    i know what i need to know lol

if somebody had a question i think i would be better equipped for that

can you perhaps use me in some other capacity?

hey i'm here for you

and i will try for you

peace Destee

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother DSS ... actually ... i think Brother $$RICH$$ has a whole big pile of stuff for you to do! :D

Have you talked to him lately? I don't wanna scare you away, if he's not already talked to you.

He may be waiting for me ... oh gosh ... see ... dang ... okay ... i need to do some work ... i know he's waiting for me.

Yes Brother DSS ... we got a lot of work for you! :love:

Hold on ... let me do what he needs me to do ... $$RICH$$ will be in touch, if he hasn't already.

Love You and Thank You! :grouphug:

Destee

10. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    ok

he hasn't or maybe i'm not aware of him reaching out yet

but when you're ready

i'll do all in my power to make myself at the ready