destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

It's a bit disconcerting to have a very focused purpose, as outlined in this thread title, yet the evidence begins to suggest otherwise.

If I logged on and saw a bunch of thread titles on the home page, with Latinos, Mexicans, Asians in them, I'd be concerned.

Likewise, I am just as concerned to see "White" in so many of our titles.

This community is not about White people or any other people, and I really hate it appearing that way, even remotely.

Yes, we're in the world with the rest of the people, and they will come up, but they should not overwhelm our discussions, about us.

Maybe it's the way yall are phrasing your titles. Maybe you can present them in a way, that helps maintain our focus. Maybe you can't.

Maybe we shouldn't go back and pull up all the threads with "white" in the title, right here and now, while inundated with such.

None of this is a rule violation, but we do have a purpose, and it's my job to make sure we maintain it ... and would appreciate your help ... if'n you don't mind.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
Sister Destee, I counted and there are 5 threads on the Home Page with "White" in the title.

Is that an excessive amount to you?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Sister Destee, I counted and there are 5 threads on the Home Page with "White" in the title.

Is that an excessive amount to you?
Sister Cherry ... i didn't even count ... but if that's all there is ... then yes ... for what i saw, prompted this thread.

I'm not one to usually wait until an issue is excessive, way out of order, etc.

I tend to deal with things long before they get to that level.

Love You!

Destee

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
...., while inundated with such.
Sister Cherry ... i didn't even count ... but if that's all there is ... then yes ... for what i saw, prompted this thread.

I'm not one to usually wait until an issue is excessive, way out of order, etc.

I tend to deal with things long before they get to that level.

Love You!

Destee

Well, Sister Destee, I can understand and respect your position and viewpoint on it.

I just thought that "inundated" was rather strong word choice for only 5 threads out of almost 50 threads on the Home Page, is all.

However, I do see your intent.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Well, Sister Destee, I can understand and respect your position and viewpoint on it.

I just thought that "inundated" was rather strong word choice for only 5 threads out of almost 50 threads on the Home Page, is all.

However, I do see your intent.
I have a strong job to do here, and my words will occasionally reflect that ... :weights:

It's not just my intent Sister, but the very purpose of this community, years of collective effort.

I appreciate you seeing it with me ... The Community's Intent.

Thanks ... :grouphug:

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People Politics : Black and Asian Community Leaders Reveal What Would Happen If Our Communities Unite Black People Politics 1
Ndugu Black People : If Texas Black Community is going through hell then we all are ! Black People Open Forum 4
T Black People : What are issues in the black community ? U.S. Black People Open Forum 26
Ndugu Black People : Trump has put a Lock Down , on all Pro-active Black Community Convo , online! Black People Open Forum 14
Ndugu Black People : Emergency for a Wall! Next>.. Emergency for tanks in the Black community? Black People Open Forum 7
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ The History of Grandmothers in the African‐American Community Black Women 0
Liberty Law Forum : Are There Any Solutions to the Gun Violence Problem In the Black Community? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: DL HUGHLEY: THE REASON ATHLETES AND CELEBRITIES CANT FIX THE BLACK COMMUNITY Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
Liberty Black People : What happened to the Black Conscious Community and our Movement? Black People Open Forum 83
Queenie Black People Politics : How can you build a Black community while living in a white one? Black People Politics 9
Liberty Black People : Sundiata Cha-Jua/Real Talk: Breaking the cycle of gun violence in the black community Black People Open Forum 3
Liberty Health and Wellness : White Scientist Says The Black Community Is Being Targeted By The Medical System, They Are Deliberat Black Health and Wellness 6
Destee Black People : How To Become a Member of the Online Black Conscious Community? Black People Open Forum 22
OldSoul OldSoul : The Cabula 12: Brazil’s police war against the black community OldSoul 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : How 2 Million Jobs Can Be Created in the Black Community Black Money Business Jobs 1
Liberty Law Forum : Gun Control and the Disarming of the Black Community Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : 3UFIRST.com Challenges Black Athletes, Entertainers, and Community Black Money Business Jobs 2
Black Phoenix Black People Politics : Is Trump Right? A Look at What Obama's Done for Black Community Black People Politics 21
RAPTOR The Police : Black Police Chief Makes Community Policing Work...Then Gets Fired Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
S Black People : Stephen A. Smith puts "the black community" in it's place. Black People Open Forum 401
S Health and Wellness : The Black Gay Community has lost the Battle against HIV & AIDS. Black Health and Wellness 53
Phylecia Black Spirituality Religion : Where is the Black Spiritual Community in Rhode Island?de Island Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
GodofTomorrow Black People : Black Nationalism, Or Why We Need Exclusive Community Black People Open Forum 214
CosmicMessenger Black People : Too Much Hatred In The Black Community Black People Open Forum 67
S Black People : "The New Black".. on same-sex marriage and the African American community in Maryland. Black People Open Forum 8
Alarm Clock Black People : Would the Assaults on the Black community in the past 15 years been put up with in 60s, 70s, 80s?? Black People Open Forum 6
RAPTOR Black People : what is stopping the National Black community from collectively purchasing our own HDTV stations? Black People Open Forum 112
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : After 2016, when obama leaves office and the real axe comes after the Black community then what? Black People Politics 46
A Black People : Optimist Clubs From Optimist International This Can Help The Black Community Black People Open Forum 0
blazejay Black People : What is your idea of a stronger, black community? Black People Open Forum 11
L The Front Porch : Just want to Introduce myself, and why the black community should unite! The Front Porch 7
Ankhur Black People : Dr Martin Luther King's Relvance to the Global Black Community 2012 Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : What would Dr King's state of the Black Community, 2012 adress have been? Black People Open Forum 8
Ankhur Black People : 2011, the Year and its Effect on the Black Community, from the Final Call Black People Open Forum 0
N Black People : I Have a Problem With This Black Community Forum Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : OK What Have You Done for the Black Community Where You Live? Put up or ...well you Know!! Black People Open Forum 8
Ankhur Black People : Let's Talk about Saving the Black Community from the "Pre-Planned Economic Crash coming soon!!!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : CBC members react to Obama's speech on jobs, the black community Black People Politics 104
Ankhur Black People : Insurance Plan for the National Black Community in case GOP win in 2012 Black People Open Forum 21
Sekhemu Black People : Do Black Nationalist organizations make a difference in the black community? Black People Open Forum 14
EgyptianGoddess Black People : Mulatto Nation. An The effect On the black community? Black People Open Forum 134
Ankhur Black People : What will be the Plight or Progress of the Black community in 2012? Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People Politics : Why cry about Obama, /just do SOMETHING positive for te Black community Black People Politics 3
Ankhur Black People : 34 Days 100 Plus Weather in Dallas/ Prayers and Concerns to the Black community there Black People Open Forum 10
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Destee - Black People Online Community Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Ankhur Black People : Black Community faces Cuts, While Pakistan faces Billions???? Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People : While the Black community is Facing hell does any one have any Solutions? Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People : After the Venting and Ranting, when do we focus on building the Black community? Black People Open Forum 72
C Black People : The Black Consciousness Community Is Filled With Scam Artists Black People Open Forum 10
Ankhur Black People : Budget Cuts cutting up the Black community/ but Deficit was based on..? Black People Open Forum 29