Black People : This brother is heading for problems

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kamau47, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    http://newsone.com/2768891/orville-lloyd-douglas-self-hatred/

If he seriously hates being something he can never change, then he is heading for some serious psychological issues. Not only that, the anger that will come from that self hatred is bound to one day explode. Something tells me we'll be reading about it.
    :bye:

2. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    "Heading for problems"? lol

He got more than a little bit. I know people that don't like sports and rap music and are not filled with hatred of who or what they are. That man is on an island and it is messed up. He is distancing himself from who is is and where he came from and will never truly get embraced by where he wants to be.

And crime, really? lmao! Sometimes it's the ones that bear our complexions that fuel that stereotypical BS.

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Prediction:

Mental break down; He is already there, but it will manifest itself in a way that is obvious to all

Suicide; It will only take one key trigger to push him over the edge

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    I think it's safe to say that he has never read, or even heard of:

Btw, tell 'em that God hates his illigitimate children too.....

Gen 6:6

"and it repenteth god that he had made Lloyd Douglas and his heart was deeply troubled"

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Very sad, there might be those think like him but are afraid of verbalising how they feel. I am yet to hear a white person say they hate themselves... Something is definitely wrong.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    - They don't verbalize it, but it comes out in different ways. It's called 'black on black crime'.

There is a saying in the Nation of Islam that goes:

"how can you love a god that you can't see, but hate your brother whom you see everyday?"

7. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    Wasn’t an integral part of the ongoing African HOLOCAUST [that enslaved our ancestors and their siblings who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for either not submitting/being BROKEN or to traumatize the rest of us into total subservience] the very very forced removal of our name, language, culture and TRUE history thus literally removing the foundation for us to rationally nurture any REAL self esteem, which has damaged all of US hasn’t it [isn’t the only variable the severity of the damage and how it manifests] as superbly exemplifed by this so truly pathetic/sad individual?

Aren’t WE peoples of African ethnicity generally, in the USA and the rest of the Diaspora specifically totally emasculated [still afflicted to varying levels of severity by the residual trauma of the worst collective defeat ever survived, on the historical record] by the fanaticism of the Muslim world as highlighted by their focus on destroying their enemies by ANY MEANS [can you see our communities/countries producing suicide bombers any time soon, I cant]?

Their armed forces had to take to the streets [in Egypt, Syria, Libya/the whole Muslim world] to stop their masses celebrating the twin towers coming down [blissfully unaware that the planes being allowed to hit the towers and the controlled demolition that followed was an inside job] in stark contrast to the support/genuine sympathy the USA got from most of the peoples of African ethnicity worldwide; whereas isn’t even the current WAR ON TERROR’s initiatives against the Muslim world just a hard slap on the wrist in comparison to the ongoing African HOLOCAUST [as opposed to an actual cessation of hostilities/apology and reparations] of over 500 years duration?
    Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

he might feel better if he laid off those pork chops and gravy...lol

one love
    khasm

9. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Read excerpts below:
    Honestly, who would want to be black? Who would want people to be terrified of you and not want to sit next to you on public transportation?

Who would want to have this dark skin, broad nose, large thick lips, and wake up in the morning being despised by the rest of the world?

A lot of the time I feel like my skin color is like my personal prison, something that I have no control over, for I am judged just because of the way I look.

Not discussing the issue doesn’t mean it is going to go away. In fact, by ignoring the issue, it simply lurks underneath the surface. I believe a dialogue about self hatred should be brought to the fore in the public sphere, so that some sort of healing and the development of true non-label based pride can occur.

Of course, I do not want to have these feelings, to have these dark thoughts about being a black man. However, I cannot deny that this is the way I feel. I don’t want to be ashamed of being a black man; I just want to be treated as an individual based on the content of my character, and not just based on the colour of my skin.

This mindset or view of our experience on earth shows a lack of love on our behave. If we don't show our love for each other, I fear this man will be the results. Love and give all to your children, tell them of their greatness, show them how incredible we really are. No one can dance like us, no one can sing like us, no one can play music like us, no one cane write poetry like us. no one can out do us. Except in mass murder.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743

he got don lemon advising him.......