Black People : Thinking back 40 to 50 years (what happen)

535127_348645611861351_1254708182_n.jpg

THis when thje people had hope The BLACK PANTHERS was
the Ultimate warriors of justice for the people as the people

what happen to us over the last 40 to 50 years and why are we so afraid to stand up / take action and be a force, a voice and the drive to fight the american system, have we become settle for where we are and what we have what could we lose that we haven already lost ?

Peace Rich,

well.. for starters... most of those people were murdered or sent to prison. We can't forget that part.. And rather than take up the same places and get murdered too.. people decided to put their energies elsewhere. Note also that it didn't matter if they were talking peace.. or violence.. they were all assassinated.. that's a powerful message. Fast forward to today.. The president is black.. don't sleep on how significant that is.. the attorney general is black.. their black governors and congressman.. and mayors.. black judges.. cops.. black people own sports franchises.. and all kinds of businesses.. we have black billionaires... and millionaires.. and superstars all over TV.. now.. think about this from the angle of a 12 year old child.. what's wrong? why are we organizing? to do what? and why?.. because black people are what?? The reasons to organize were crystal clear in 1960.. but are they so clear now? Have we rode this black thing as far as we can go? Is it time to join the mainstream and organize for progress in other terms.. outside of race? It's not like they can pass a "black jobs act" or anything.. that era has passed.. and I don't think it's coming back anytime soon. Especially not since their has been a black president. One thing to note about the Panthers is that the Panthers were not just for black people.. they were for poor people.. oppressed people.. and that's actually what made them dangerous.. and that's also what made Martin dangerous.. and that's also what made OAAU Malcolm dangerous..

I agree most part with everyone !
we not fighting the power to a point where we heard , i agree that we move on different things
You notice how real Activist die or are put in Prisons? Like Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., The Black Panthers ( some murdered, some in Prison ) Nelson Mandela, Nat Turner, Medger Evers and the List goes on. Nothing is happening with Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and others we have today who are so-called activist. These current activist more so encourage us to go along with what Massa say than to truly fight against it. They are no threat to the powers that be they work and compromise with the powers that be and that's why the government does not care about what they do or say.
I do feel we are today hot wind blowing in a breeze we to an degree afraid to step up or should i say we looking around for the next man to put his butt on the line so they can see what happen to him or her first yes we have become more divided / deeply brainwashed and really don't fear what happens to the next man/family/brother nore sister we afraid of the american system , I'm not skar'd.....what can happen that hasn't aready been done to me , yes back in the days they was fighting for a lot that we have today and we still afraid to take what they died for and use it ! we in a comfort zone / they didn't point at each other they pointed at the system/today we blame each other this how we been programed we came together to form street gangs to fight and kill each other but wont form to fight mister/masses nor the system that have us oppressed
If you walk like a warrior / think like a warrior and act like one then you one until they say stop we crawl in a hole and look out to see who will disobey yeah ! that's right it's 2012 not 1960's
Here's what i say unto you !!!

383411_209396732510416_1291402347_n.jpg

500px-DeaconsM16s.jpg

BlackPanthersPIC1-788950.jpg

1296063097_img0.jpeg

4sm130.jpg
top-5-feminist-movements-4.jpg

Civil-Rights-Movement_40_1.jpg
rosa_parks.jpg
images

and today this what we have and we afraid to make change to what we have because they
selling us out working for the people but under masses guiding to keep us under control
images
images

And a few others today and we ok with it ! , well I say to you again
I will not be intimidated by an enemy. I will show them no fear.
I will not compromise the spiritual, cultural or social integrity of our people.
I will not retreat from battle except as a tactic to gain a decisive advantage.
I will train my mind, body and spirit in the warrior methods of my Ancestors.
I will study other warriors methods only as a means of determining how to more
decisively defeat them.
I will remember that those we consider the masters of "death, destruction and
domination" could never have defeated us without our assistance. They are not
that good.
I will never vent my rage against family/My people nor mate
I will protect my elders, complement and children thy people
I will show my people's enemies only the mercy they demonstrated toward our
Ancestors.
I will listen to no other propaganda than that of the Afrikan warriors who
came before me and who now stand at my side in combat against the oppressors
I will not individually judge my enemy. Enemy is understood in the context of us
as a nation at war.
I will always be on guard,be prepared
I will never lower my eyes from the enemy nor have death ear
I trust only worthy Afrikans. A person cannot be your friend and enemy at the
same time. Dismiss contradictory Afrikans. Every warrior has to prove his or her loyalty
and worth. The history of treason is deep within our compromised community."

Freedom fighter
breakin da chain
for change

Peace Rich,

well.. for starters... most of those people were murdered or sent to prison. We can't forget that part.. And rather than take up the same places and get murdered too.. people decided to put their energies elsewhere. Note also that it didn't matter if they were talking peace.. or violence.. they were all assassinated.. that's a powerful message. Fast forward to today.. The president is black.. don't sleep on how significant that is.. the attorney general is black.. their black governors and congressman.. and mayors.. black judges.. cops.. black people own sports franchises.. and all kinds of businesses.. we have black billionaires... and millionaires.. and superstars all over TV.. now.. think about this from the angle of a 12 year old child.. what's wrong? why are we organizing? to do what? and why?.. because black people are what?? The reasons to organize were crystal clear in 1960.. but are they so clear now? Have we rode this black thing as far as we can go? Is it time to join the mainstream and organize for progress in other terms.. outside of race? It's not like they can pass a "black jobs act" or anything.. that era has passed.. and I don't think it's coming back anytime soon. Especially not since their has been a black president. One thing to note about the Panthers is that the Panthers were not just for black people.. they were for poor people.. oppressed people.. and that's actually what made them dangerous.. and that's also what made Martin dangerous.. and that's also what made OAAU Malcolm dangerous..

I view your statement as great facts and one that i will take into my journey for
CHANGE /EQUALITY and HUMANITY.

But we still have a war out here even with blacks holding positions / we still under this system
that has been design to oppress us , I feel the great need to organized to have a voice to express
to these black leaders in office/ politically and morally we have to bring forth our own change
and get the respect due us as a people in this american land.

Well, Bro. Rich, this is now 2012. So, 50 years ago in 1962 and throughout the 1960s, our People were "Fightin' Tha Power" in many different ways. They protested and lashed back when and where and how they could, either by non-violence or with force.

Now, I respect the Black Panther Party for what it stood for and for many of its Initiatives for Black people (like the Free Breakfast program for school children in 1969.)

But, I would disagree to call them the "ULTIMATE WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE."

The Black Panther Party was formed in 1966. And BEFORE they existed, there were other "WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE" for Black people....

In Monroe, North Carolina, there was Robert F. Williams who was a staunch promoter of armed Black resistance. In 1962, he wrote the book, "NEGROES WITH GUNS" and this book influenced Huey Newton who started the BPP.

In Jonesboro, Louisiana in 1964, a group of Black men started the "DEACONS FOR DEFENSE & JUSTICE" which protected their communities from the KKK.

So, all of these men and many others were "WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE" before the Black Panther Party ever was.

And Black people had "HOPE" long before the BPP ever was.

But, to answer your question...

I don't believe that Black people (as a whole) are "afraid" of standing up.

I do believe that we have become complacent and have "settled" in many areas, mainly in our lack of "community" today and the weakening of the Black family unit.

But, overall, I do believe that Black people of today still fight back in our own separate ways, either individually or within groups and organizations designed to help other Black people.

No, we may not "March" and protest as we did back in the 60s and 70s; but I think many Black people have the mindset of "Each One Reach One." --- I think many of us do what we can, where we can, how we can.

Like Booker T. Washington said in 1895, "Cast down your bucket where you are." --And I think many Black people do so by helping, mentoring or seeking to protect others in ways they can.

sistah we still fightin da power for da people but we just not standing up collectively as if we afraid of the system but i hear ya and yes this indeed 2012 a divided time and age so over the years we became
different we change ourselves becoming traped and now we sucked into a hole we need warriors like the 60's to re-enforce da power of da people but more so not under a black thang but a total thang !

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back