Black People : Thinking back 40 to 50 years (what happen)

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
535127_348645611861351_1254708182_n.jpg

THis when thje people had hope The BLACK PANTHERS was
the Ultimate warriors of justice for the people as the people

what happen to us over the last 40 to 50 years and why are we so afraid to stand up / take action and be a force, a voice and the drive to fight the american system, have we become settle for where we are and what we have what could we lose that we haven already lost ?

535127_348645611861351_1254708182_n.jpg

THis when the people had hope The BLACK PANTHERS was
the Ultimate warriors of justice for the people as the people

Well, Bro. Rich, this is now 2012. So, 50 years ago in 1962 and throughout the 1960s, our People were "Fightin' Tha Power" in many different ways. They protested and lashed back when and where and how they could, either by non-violence or with force.

Now, I respect the Black Panther Party for what it stood for and for many of its Initiatives for Black people (like the Free Breakfast program for school children in 1969.)

But, I would disagree to call them the "ULTIMATE WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE."

The Black Panther Party was formed in 1966. And BEFORE they existed, there were other "WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE" for Black people....

In Monroe, North Carolina, there was Robert F. Williams who was a staunch promoter of armed Black resistance. In 1962, he wrote the book, "NEGROES WITH GUNS" and this book influenced Huey Newton who started the BPP.

In Jonesboro, Louisiana in 1964, a group of Black men started the "DEACONS FOR DEFENSE & JUSTICE" which protected their communities from the KKK.

So, all of these men and many others were "WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE" before the Black Panther Party ever was.

And Black people had "HOPE" long before the BPP ever was.

what happen to us over the last 40 to 50 years and why are we so afraid to stand up / take action and be a force, a voice and the drive to fight the american system, have we become settle for where we are and what we have what could we lose that we haven already lost ?

But, to answer your question...

I don't believe that Black people (as a whole) are "afraid" of standing up.

I do believe that we have become complacent and have "settled" in many areas, mainly in our lack of "community" today and the weakening of the Black family unit.

But, overall, I do believe that Black people of today still fight back in our own separate ways, either individually or within groups and organizations designed to help other Black people.

No, we may not "March" and protest as we did back in the 60s and 70s; but I think many Black people have the mindset of "Each One Reach One." --- I think many of us do what we can, where we can, how we can.

Like Booker T. Washington said in 1895, "Cast down your bucket where you are." --And I think many Black people do so by helping, mentoring or seeking to protect others in ways they can.

Well, Bro. Rich, this is now 2012. So, 50 years ago in 1962 and throughout the 1960s, our People were "Fightin' Tha Power" in many different ways. They protested and lashed back when and where and how they could, either by non-violence or with force.

Now, I respect the Black Panther Party for what it stood for and for many of its Initiatives for Black people (like the Free Breakfast program for school children in 1969.)

But, I would disagree to call them the "ULTIMATE WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE."

The Black Panther Party was formed in 1966. And BEFORE they existed, there were other "WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE" for Black people....

In Monroe, North Carolina, there was Robert F. Williams who was a staunch promoter of armed Black resistance. In 1962, he wrote the book, "NEGROES WITH GUNS" and this book influenced Huey Newton who started the BPP.

In Jonesboro, Louisiana in 1964, a group of Black men started the "DEACONS FOR DEFENSE & JUSTICE" which protected their communities from the KKK.

So, all of these men and many others were "WARRIORS FOR JUSTICE" before the Black Panther Party ever was.

And Black people had "HOPE" long before the BPP ever was.

Yup. The Civil Rights Movement was a source of "Hope." Before that we had Garvey and Harlem; and before that Black Wall Street and Booker T; and before that . . ..

Though I sympathize with the Original post. Today seems awfully 'hopeless.'

But, to answer your question...

I don't believe that Black people (as a whole) are "afraid" of standing up.

I do believe that we have become complacent and have "settled" in many areas, mainly in our lack of "community" today and the weakening of the Black family unit.

But, overall, I do believe that Black people of today still fight back in our own separate ways, either individually or within groups and organizations designed to help other Black people.

No, we may not "March" and protest as we did back in the 60s and 70s; but I think many Black people have the mindset of "Each One Reach One." --- I think many of us do what we can, where we can, how we can.

Like Booker T. Washington said in 1895, "Cast down your bucket where you are." --And I think many Black people do so by helping, mentoring or seeking to protect others in ways they can.

I wish I could agree with this.

We are fighting a system and 'each one, reach one' doesn't seem so systemic, unfortunately.

We can advance, we sure can, but present-day seems kinda -- well, it's difficult 'cause we here fell far and we got really censored and we stopped, say, connecting with one another.

But we can change it.

We can . . ..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back