Black People : Think-Tankin Outside of the Box: How/Where?

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
Riada said:
kemetkind said:
Well said.

Black think tanks need to be funded[/started?] and supported by regular, common black folks, not euro institutions. The Michael Dyson / Corel West types are delivering more sensational rhetoric than results when it comes to strategic planning.

Actually places like Destee.com, with the collection of minds we have here, should elevate and figure out how to turn the energy we have for discussing problems to dealing with solutions. There are many folks here just as capable of in-depth thinking as our euro-appointed "black intelligentsia."

I agree to all of this, however, it's not that Black folks don't know what to do because PLENTY of Black scholars (of the think-tank type) have already devise the blueprint. I've read these blueprints in various books. What's lacking is a mass of people who will make the commitment to IMPLEMENT the blueprint. Such a commitment may involve a sacrifice to some extent, like uprooting yourself or yourself and your family and moving to another part of the country where other like-minded individuals are already amassed working towards the same goal, but may lack the people resources needed. I read about many absolutely progressive and committed Black people strewn all around the country, and they are doing great things, but they lack the support of like-minded others and thus their impact is minimal.
I am so ready for exactly this sort of "uprooting"! If you would, Riada, or anybody else that might be aware of same; I'd sure appreciate pointers to architects of such blueprints. Even better would be to find a community that might be attempting to implement possibilities derived from said blueprints.

:)confused: <overwhelmed> Sorry, I just can't seem to think straight right now. I'm supposed to have been doing this (moving) right now but am not really able without a bit of physical rehab. COPD/breathing is getting worse; way out of shape; complete lack of personal/emotional/physical support. Oh, and there is that "money" thing ... not to mention the thought that moving into a neighborhood with a van full of puters, circuit boards and books might would set me up for a "visit" from "entrepreneurs of the streets" seeking to increase their cash flow at my expense. I tend more toward living in a tech lab than a "home": I think in my next place, I'll put the living/dining room group in the bedroom and convert that space into a data/learning resource center. Add to everything else, now i'm so stressed i'm scatterbrained! I'm really starting to feel that phrase "at wits end"! :lol: )

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back