Black Sports : Things White Do to Make Other Whites Feel Better About Losing.

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Enki, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Serena Williams Classy Response To Maria Sharapova Making More Money Than Her Despite Beating her 18-2 on the Court
    Serena Williams sat down to discuss the pay difference between herself and Maria Sharapova, who is white and has been dominated by Williams on the court. In fact, Williams has beat Sharapova 18 times out of 20 matches on the court.

[​IMG]

However, Sharapova earns a significantly higher amount of money off the tennis court in the form of endorsements when compared to Williams, the #1 tennis player in the world. Sharapova is currently ranked #3 in the world behind Serena and Simona Halep, but dwarfs them in endorsement deals and earnings.
    http://urbanintellectuals.com/2015/...an-her-despite-beating-her-18-2-on-the-court/

But she was classy in the way she responded... Why? Because the fact speaks for themselves.

Peace!

2. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    ^5
    Now, that's class. Sharapova probably feels like doo-doo. If Serena had went all left she would have felt some vindication. But, Serena's response was perfect. She proved to be the bigger person, when she easily could have been bitter.

And, I agree with you. I think if Serena had a choice between the money and the wins, she'd take the wins.

*smile*

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

3. JenaBee63

JenaBee63 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Health Technician/Future Paralegal
    Ratings:
    +240
    Serena certainly understands society and how white folks will have the upper hand. Serena knows she's the better player and she's not hurting for money.

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    They did this samething with Rueben Studdard, monst of white America wanted Clay Akin to win but he didn't. You know anything that represents America they want it to be white. So the record company gave him a record deal also. It's suppose to go to the winner, which it did. But it's suppose to be only one. By their logic, two can win instead of one. It defeats the purpose.

Peace!

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Serena sure did answer so graciously. You know this system is so bad. Many years back, I remember they did the same thing in boxing. I don't watch boxing but, I just remember the huge hype when White people wanted the White boxer to win so bad. And now, I see their doing the same thing in Women's Track and Field. I just realized that women competed this past spring and no sooner than a White young lady hit the track with speed, that they started reporting with headline titles like, Is Dafne the hottest body in the Olympics. lol! All those incredibly gorgeous Black women that have dominated track and field and as soon as a White women seems to be good, here comes the racial tension. What a shame. it is so sad. I mean Shelley-ann Fraser-Pryce is so small compared to Ms. Schiffer but yet, still she proves that she has power, Grace, & Beauty! Oh My God. Oh My Enki! He's Good! He's Good!

6. JenaBee63

JenaBee63 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Health Technician/Future Paralegal
    Ratings:
    +240
    Oh yea. Track and field is dominated by black athletes! They need a great white hope. It's rare to see a white chic with some wheels. Hottest body? They are straight trippin. You can't find a finer group of men and women than in track and field. And all that natural physical prowess black men and woman already have is just exacerbated when combined with that level of fitness. Dafne is certainly NOT THE HOTTEST. I know white folks sleep better WISHING it were true.