Tanzania : Things to do in Tanzania?

Ikoro

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2006
Peace fam.

I'm visiting my womans part of the Continent, but due to some unforeseen events we can't go to where we want to go. My whole reason for going there instead of to my homeland was to see her family, now that this is not an option we'll end up in Dar Es Salaam with a few aunts to visit but no village reunion :( Can't cancel the ticket either, too few days left.

So, since I haven't been to TZ before (or the East for that matter) I'll check here if anyone has been/is from there and knows good things to do while there.

I'm already thinking of heading over to Zanzibar to check for history-museums or see if I can find some Elders who can tell me about the Zanj and see if I can't chill with some of our people still there.

Other than that, I'll be looking for scholars of IKS (Indigenous Knowledge Systems), and my woman probably would like to go to some serengeti/National Park or something (she grew up poor and wants to splurge. lol).

Anything else worthwhile to be done? Any people to see, pan-afrikan/Afrikan-centred organizations to link up with? Im just dreading a boring 'vacation the beach' scenario, and trying to avoid that.

One,

- Ikoro

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Peace fam.

I'm visiting my womans part of the Continent, but due to some unforeseen events we can't go to where we want to go. My whole reason for going there instead of to my homeland was to see her family, now that this is not an option we'll end up in Dar Es Salaam with a few aunts to visit but no village reunion :( Can't cancel the ticket either, too few days left.

So, since I haven't been to TZ before (or the East for that matter) I'll check here if anyone has been/is from there and knows good things to do while there.

I'm already thinking of heading over to Zanzibar to check for history-museums or see if I can find some Elders who can tell me about the Zanj and see if I can't chill with some of our people still there.

Other than that, I'll be looking for scholars of IKS (Indigenous Knowledge Systems), and my woman probably would like to go to some serengeti/National Park or something (she grew up poor and wants to splurge. lol).

Anything else worthwhile to be done? Any people to see, pan-afrikan/Afrikan-centred organizations to link up with? Im just dreading a boring 'vacation the beach' scenario, and trying to avoid that.

One,

- Ikoro

.......Take some pictures and share them when you return.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back