Black People : things that make you go hmmmm

deepy

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 4, 2003
nyc
Keep this going clear up thru the 2004 election!! *We need to be heard!

GET A BILL STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOCIAL SECURITY

2004 Election Issue!!
This must be an issue in "2004". Please! Keep it going.

----------------------------------

SOCIAL SECURITY:

(This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.

Our Senators and Congresspersons do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society.
They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago, they voted in their own
benefit plan.

In more recent years, no Congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments.

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is
$0.00.*NADA ... ZILCH ....

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds.

"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, - every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer) - we can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

That change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us ... then sit back and watch how fast they would fix it.

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people can YOU send this to?

|
|
|
|
|

REAL.. don't they get their cut of the pie!

I'll get this shared Deepy. Thanks for the reminder.

I know also they get all expenses paid on credit cards, gambling, adult entertainment, general hosting and entertainment, travel, any car they choose to drive, and all gas paid for.

If they get in an accident kills someone, and is sued. We have to pay the lawsuit as well. It just never stops. They have this immunity clause that protects them, as our representatives. There is a case that just happened, this senator is well known for drunk driving, and had been stopped but released numerous times. He finally killed someone, and they couldn't cover for him anymore.

How did these folks allow, themselves to be duped, so bad?
( average americans, not counting immediately black americans, they know and see all the dirt, and they must keep us down. Else we correct the dirt or expose it, cause they sure won't let us participate in it )

We know they ( average americans ) spent their energy focused on us, hating us, and making sure laws and Congressmen were voted in like Trent Lott to push the agenda. They ( average americans ) were looking at the left hand, while the right hand ( conservatives ) of Congress made laws to pay themselves. Now we ( those same americans who spent years holding our parents and grandparents back ) all pay.

I wrote them and asked that they vote for the unemployment extension. They haven't found time, for that yet. Conservatives want smaller government, but what they really are saying is. They want to do as little as possible for the masses, and keep more time and money to ourselves.

Thank you Sister deepy for sharing this very important information and Brother HODEE for expounding on it even further. I also thought that no government employee had a pay into the social security system. Am I wrong about that? Taxpayers have a lot of people on their payroll that we're not aware of.

I'll be sharing this information in my community.

Queenie :spinstar:

Hey, Fam

NNQueen

I am a federal government employee and trust me, they are taking social security from me like a big dog. I am waiting for the secure part to kick in! :hammer:

I heard about the golden fleece benefit package when I was a newbie in the government. All of us "worker bees" sat around and daydreamed, ranted and raved about it for a minute. With all the debt, homelessness and general issues that our country has, not to mention the fact that many members of our own military (enlisted ranks) can barely pay their bills or put food on their tables due to the low wages, you would think they would have been motivated, or generous enough to take a look at their benefits by now.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back