Black Poetry : Things Aren't worth what they ask

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by HODEE, Jul 8, 2005.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Arbitrary value placed on things. Spreads its wings and dampen our dreams. Value of that and this. Things priced so high. It isn’t worth what it seems. Superiority is another arbitrary label like the price of bread is high. Everything you offer is obtained by little means. I know it takes pennies to make those things. The labor you use the people exploited. Gave you a chance to garner so much profit. New dreams of exploitation are pulled together. All deliberate.

Priced so high it’s hard to see a dream. Try as you might. To reach the heights of obtaining them. Unsystematic placement of value instilled. On every thing in this world we live. Breaking the sprit and will of small citizenship.

Your using others need for a fulfilling life. Knowing they will ignore the danger of what you propose. To obtain the means of a dream you hold. To profit is the bottom line. It’s not your land you live else where. In a land free of pollution as much as you can, repeating the process in another’s land. This will surely kill but for now you ignore the consequences for the thrill.

Thru ages, thru nature thru annals of time. You poisoned the mind. Then the body and land. Wreaking havoc as you take over the land. It doesn’t take a military move to destroy a nation or the people you choose. All it takes is your arrival. Once they are used up by you. You just abandon them like you did me. You then move on. To capitalize on another that desires the prize of chance. This nation has lived this way from the conception of time.

Using slaves to build it then pushing them into time. Placed on the side lines to watch you twist. The other societies that desire some bliss. You’re not delivering anything but lies, pain like you gave us and caused our demise. Poor all poor are exploited by you. Having no conscience in what you do. Screaming give me the possibility, the option and chance to better your life. In a random glance.

It thought I saw a bird. Oh yes it was my life that flew away, letting me know that it wants no part in this fray. Those that came here were pulling out of a society they detested bringing with them the same degrading systems they invested. Just cloaking it better, not channeling it right. Now the nightmare we have is their sleeping at night.

I thought it would be a free world of courage from those who are willing to step out of the box. Called unpatriotic, un-supporting, if you are against me, you are against this. Is a gang mentality phrase. So you learned how to use the system this way.

Terrorism is a tactic; you can’t fight if you try. You exploited every one you came into contact and try. To blame them later for their own demise. It is true. They did because they allowed you in. Isn’t bombing a church of some people you hate. Terrorism? Isn’t allowing citizens who you have some laws and control, ride in the night killing those who oppose. Terrorism? Is metering out justice in a slow fashion because you say those who will be affected won’t allow it to happen. Terrorism? Is declaring another is going against your interest either national or domestic and deciding to kill or bomb them. Terrorism?

Look up the definition; you can’t make up your mind. How to define what you have done to others thru time. Only because you’re guilty nature must be protected so define. It so that you can relish in your ways.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    man this was a powerful message love how u laid it out
    in truth and realism what they ask of things aren't worthy
    sometime i see this all happening more then i like too....

great poetic drop brutha ....wow !

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Much truth spoken here. As awful as it is for people to be losing their lives, it stands to reason that this nation would be under attack eventually. Props for this Hodee.

4. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    A poetical throw back as well as an education in style all the while expressing lyrical master. A pleasure to read this piece.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    BAM!!!!!
    u hit the nail on the head brotha hodee....
    it's a trip what this country can put in a lil box
    and call something other that it really is....

great piece man....

one love
    khasm