REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2007
In the fantasy of Afreekan Unity
Occupation
The~rapist
thin-skinned (thnsknd)
adj.
1. Having a thin rind or skin.
2. Oversensitive, especially to criticism or insult.

thin-skinned
adj
sensitive to criticism or hints; easily upset or affected

Adj. 1. thin-skinnedthin-skinned - quick to take offense
huffy, touchy, feisty
sensitive - being susceptible to the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others; "sensitive to the local community and its needs"

So YES kemetstry, I do have a "thin skin". All my SENSES work very well. I am able to FEEL and I'm glad about it. As a Woman of Afreekan Descent enslaved in amerikkka, I have been rubbed RAW in this shystem. AND...I'm still ALIVE, kicking and willing to tell the story of what happened and is happening.

When I speak of “R.A.W.”,
I am referring to my emotional state, my Spirit.

I liken it to having been drug across a surface that will scrape the outer layer of skin off. My nerves are exposed and every touch (word) has the potential for causing great pain.

I recognize that our enslavement to European culture as a process of rubbing the “black” off of us. In it’s place, is pink and white, representing the blood and body that that is exposed .....

and....

I’m R.A.W.

R.eady
A.ble
W.illing

To tell my Story
my way.

In the Afreekan Communities TODAY, Words are still used to harm. I listen to the stories EVERY DAY of the pain caused and KNOW of many who have murdered others ...for the sake of an ill placed word.
Does it HAVE to be this way:?:
Was there a time when we used Words to build each other up as opposed to tearing down:?:
Is it possible to do or are we comfortable with internalizing the pain inflicted by words:?:

Thank You Kemetstry for assisting me in the development of tomorrow's R.N.A. meeting topic discussion...

M.E.
:hearts2:

I hope you don't mind But this is just my humble opinion. But I hope we can express our thoughts , Ya know.............. Like brothers and sisters. And if not, I understand.

To all: Thin skin as it relates to black people:

Thick Skin vs Thin Skin

There are two “fixed givens” I know to be true right now: One is that you need “thick skin” to deal with the each other now. Secondly , More so to be yourself and enhance yourself against the eurocentric system and lifestyle

So This is a great topic IMO. Just today I had this conversation at work. But lets examine this "Thin skin".

People with thin skin are usually cold and calculating. Eurocentric body types. That why when we ( darker skin people ) are usually cold and have on sweaters and coats , Caucasians usually have on shorts and an tee shirt. Our skin is different and the mulatto in our skin pigmentation explains why that is. But how we merged with other cultures late at this dte by earths time. Skin thinness and thickness is just as diverses as shades in skin.

Human nature, I think. We really can't help what skin pigmentation we have. As it relates to emotions. IMHO, the same applies. Emotions are valued. I think they should be.

We are all not the same. We have different highs , lows with our emotions which is individual to the person. Now, certain things I am not emotional about , and other things others are . Neither is right or wrong. But its personalized to the individual.

Now, is it valid because we all should know ourselves but how much do we know others ?? Or is that private or public information ?? Ya know......... whether a person has thick skin of thin skin that is. Is that not personal as well ??

Too many assumptions but lets examine farther.

Nobody should tell anybody how to feel a certain way. People are people, diverse even in feelings and emotions. Environment, upbringing and life experiences are some of the components that dictate personal emotions.

So I have to ask and leave this example to farther explain my stance about the subject.

Ex- Tony is sensitive to animal cruelty. I mean REALLY sensitive to animal cruelty. Tony is man of 26 years old. Mike and Tony was best friends and like brothers. They was friends for 5 years. And then been through good and bad times as brothers.

Mike came over and was teasing Tony's dog. He didn't think it was an big deal, but he was just playfully teasing the dog no less. Tony had a fit. He yelled, Screamed and literally threw Mike out the house.

Tony Swore that Mike would no longer be a brother or a friend.

Who is wrong ?? Based solely on that information ??

Now,

When Tony was 5 his father gave him a dog as a pet for his birthday. Tony Fathers died when he was 8. When Tony was 9 his neighbor brutally and savagely beat his dog to death in front of Tony , Because the dog kept coming in his yard.

Enviroment, personal history, circumstance and other perceives ideas and personal emotions are in play under this dispute, As with any dispute. So who's right and who's wrong ??

Creative execution. All of us know what it feels like to have to “turn the other cheek” or “be the bigger person” or “turn a blind eye and ear to their critics and the nay-sayers”… I OVER-stand this concept, hence my personal interpretation of my reality. Thats does not make it THE REALITY....................................

That we all hurt and are not immune to the pain caused by harsh judgement more so from our own people. ( With so called thick skin or thin skin ) Whats considered to be hearse is up to the individual as they interpret any given situation which includes personal history , environment, and emotions. Is it our business to know why Tony has THIN skin about the matter. Nope. Does that mean Mike has thick skin ?? Nope.

Other circumstances obviously rule the situation because of HIS RAW emotions ( By definition of raw itself, meaning personalized emotions but REAL and felt deeply from within that person )

African American skin is dark brown or black, southern Europeans have olive skin, while people in northern Europe have white, fair skin. Each of these culturally different skin types require a slightly different approach to skin care.

Who's responsible for that care. As brothers and sisters , Aren't we all responsible for each other ?? Thick skin and'or thin skin ??

The world is a big place and there are many different cultures, Europeans, Scandinavians, Asians, Africans, Hispanics and many, many more. Each of these cultures tends to have certain characteristics such as eye color, hair color, skin color, etc,. Inherent with cultural backgrounds is a difference in skin types. For example, western cultures such as the central and northern Europeans have a tendency to fair complexions, hair and eye color, while southern Europeans dent to have darker hair, brown eyes and darker, olive skin tones.

Africans and African Americans, have all shades of skin color currently from light beige or very dark or , usually dark or black hair and brown eyes. Genetically, this skin type is less susceptible to the UV rays, although their skin can still get burned.

Now, just in case, You haven't caught on. I am speaking metaphorically as it relates to personalized emotions and diversed skin type.

Now if you going by any personal growing spiritual philosophy that's therapeutics to the soul. Who's soul ?? Just yours ?? Or should it include others ?? Or just "FAMILY" that we like or get along with ?? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Then how does the philosophy contradicts the actions itself. Especially since.........We all are................... sisters and brothers ?? Meaning that we SHOULD share in universal Love regardless ??

IMHO , What the above post suggest rather intentionally or unintentionally that some black people actually have NO SKIN AT ALL !

Hmmmmmmmm, I have to think about that. But what do you think ??

But great thread topic !! ^5 !! 4 real !!! Anything that gets my brain in gear is considered to be a great topic to me. I was a thinking my butt off !! lol

Have a wonderful week-end all, Peace !!

Sigh

thin-skinned (thnsknd)
adj.
1. Having a thin rind or skin.
2. Oversensitive, especially to criticism or insult.

thin-skinned
adj
sensitive to criticism or hints; easily upset or affected

Adj. 1. thin-skinnedthin-skinned - quick to take offense
huffy, touchy, feisty
sensitive - being susceptible to the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others; "sensitive to the local community and its needs"

So YES kemetstry, I do have a "thin skin". All my SENSES work very well. I am able to FEEL and I'm glad about it. As a Woman of Afreekan Descent enslaved in amerikkka, I have been rubbed RAW in this shystem. AND...I'm still ALIVE, kicking and willing to tell the story of what happened and is happening.

When I speak of “R.A.W.”,
I am referring to my emotional state, my Spirit.

I liken it to having been drug across a surface that will scrape the outer layer of skin off. My nerves are exposed and every touch (word) has the potential for causing great pain.

I recognize that our enslavement to European culture as a process of rubbing the “black” off of us. In it’s place, is pink and white, representing the blood and body that that is exposed .....

and....

I’m R.A.W.

R.eady
A.ble
W.illing

To tell my Story
my way.

In the Afreekan Communities TODAY, Words are still used to harm. I listen to the stories EVERY DAY of the pain caused and KNOW of many who have murdered others ...for the sake of an ill placed word.
Does it HAVE to be this way:?:
Was there a time when we used Words to build each other up as opposed to tearing down:?:
Is it possible to do or are we comfortable with internalizing the pain inflicted by words:?:

Thank You Kemetstry for assisting me in the development of tomorrow's R.N.A. meeting topic discussion...

M.E.
:hearts2:

:10500:

Then you are ill prepared for the struggle ahead. How easy will it be for them to throw you off your game? How easy will it be to make you lose focus on the goal, with a slight?

Your mother wears army shoes

If said, would keep your from gaining true equality for our people.

All you people stink

Will keep you from finally economic independence.

Somethign you know is in no way true, will stop you dead, because you are waaaaaaaay too sensitive.

Shame

:10500:

Then you are ill prepared for the struggle ahead. How easy will it be for them to throw you off your game? How easy will it be to make you lose focus on the goal, with a slight?

Likened unto how until you become a man, you will continue to get slapped and punched by your woman.

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back