Libya : They're Still Killing Blacks In Libya

Here is the article...

I'm not sure if it's against the rules here on Destee to post links here so I'm not linking. I noticed lately that some message boards have a new no spaming policy.

Can anyone post the policy of Destee?

asmith161718 ... we prefer you post links, if you must use the words of others, for ultimately ... it is your own words we're most interested in.

What you did above, posting the article without the author's permission, is in violation of our rules. You can read more about it here ... Rule #2

I do appreciate you asking for the policy and if you have more questions i'm here.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Well, in ASMITH'S defense, it's pret-ty easy to forget how to locate/cite sources properly when you spend all day 'raping' WIKI....*smirk*

ASMITH should find a hobby that 'he' is good at. Trollin' isn't 'his' forte. I'm just saying....*shrug*
>>>reaches for 'ignore user' button<<<

2. Thank Madame Destee and God (or some other deity) for the 'ignore' option....

lol Sister ... you so sillee ... :)

I was finna get all excited, think'n you put me up there with God and deities and stuff ... till i remembered you're atheist ... :lol:

I don't know if i should say thank you or suspend you! ... :thinking:

You be still out here shrugg'n at folk ... :lol:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

That is because Obama is, first and foremost, a politician. Everything else comes after that.

It should not matter, politician or not. I asked months ago where is the outrage concerning this genocide. Either mute silence or weak excuses. Yet we got folks up here still bashing on the Jews. We need to study their play book and steal some of their plays. this little group of Zionists run the entire world because they stick together. Mess with one you got to deal with all. Mess with one of us and we turn our backs or run in the other direction. Disgraceful.

Here is the article...

Gunmen have killed seven Libyan refugees at a camp in a Tripoli suburb, residents and hospital sources said.

The attackers came to the gate of the makeshift settlement in a disused naval academy in Janzour on Monday saying they wanted to arrest young men, and opened fire as people gathered to protest.

"Men from Misrata came to the camp at 10 o'clock. We knew they were from Misrata because it was written all over their cars," camp resident Huda Bel-Eid said at Tripoli Medical Hospital.

"Around 15 of them started shooting us. All the women escaped but the young men stayed. My brother was there and I went to help him because he was shot in the head and neck, then they shot me (in the leg)," she added.

Officials from Misrata military council denied involvement.

Residents of the camp, black Libyans originally from the town of Tawergha, said they are being persecuted over accusations they collaborated with slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi during the country's revolution.

Many say they are also regularly mistaken for sub-Saharan African mercenaries who revolutionary fighters said fought for Gaddafi.

Abdelhafid Suleiman, head of the military council of Janzour, told Reuters news agency that a group from the Tawergha camp later took to the streets to protest against the deaths. He said more violence erupted when Janzour fighters, who were on the streets to maintain security, tried to take knives and sticks off the Tawergha refugees.

Gaddafi's forces used Tawergha as a base to besiege and shell the coastal city of Misrata during last year's civil war. Its residents say they were held hostage by Gaddafi's men and did not collaborate.

Once inhabited by almost 30,000 people, Tawergha is now a ghost town.

Human Rights Watch has said Misrata rebels have looted and destroyed homes in Tawergha as well as the neighbouring farming villages of Kararim and Tomina, and revenge attacks against the refugees and arbitrary arrests continue.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules here on Destee to post links here so I'm not linking. I noticed lately that some message boards have a new no spaming policy.

Can anyone post the policy of Destee?

I would appreciate the link for this article. To lost it you just need to right click and copy from your browser then paste it. I would like to know the source and date for this. It reads as old news.

I originally read it hear on sohh.com...
http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=3990171

It's also on rt.com...
http://rt.com/news/libya-war-crimes-racism-827/
Refugee camp massacre: Libyan militia launch racist raid

Heavily armed fighters have attacked a camp of about 1,500 refugees on the outskirts of Tripoli, opening fire on its inhabitants. At least six were killed in the incident raising fears that civilians have little protection from militias running amok.
Moreover, the fact that the attack took place just outside the capital itself begs the question of just how much control the interim government actually has over the country.
"Men from Misrata came to the camp [in Janzour district] at 10 o'clock [Monday]. We knew they were from Misrata because it was written all over their cars," camp resident Huda Bel-Eid said at Tripoli Medical Hospital, Al Jazeera reports.
According to various reports between six and twelve people were killed, including children, women and the elderly. The area around the camp was cut off by the attackers to prevent any help reaching the refugees.
Authorities in Janzour say the refugees armed themselves with knives and sticks to resist the attack. But locals and medics receiving the injured say the camp inhabitants were unarmed. Doctors in Central Tripoli hospital have confirmed they have begun receiving bodies from the camp.
Officials from Misrata military council denied any involvement of its troops in the assault, but locals say they have no doubt the gunmen came from Misrata. They are calling for the residents of the refugee camp to be armed in order to defend themselves from the Misrata brigade attacks.
Many observers note the camp had become home to former residents of the notorious Tawergha city and insist the assault was fuelled by racism against the city’s former black population.
Refugees from Tawergha moved to camps on the outskirts of Tripoli after the city was wiped off the map in August 2011 by rebel forces in a heavily coordinated operation with NATO.
Former residents of Tawergha say they are accused of collaborating with Gaddafi and are regularly being mistaken for sub-Saharan African mercenaries who revolutionary fighters claim fought for Gaddafi in the war. Locals are saying this was used a pretext for the ethnic cleansing of the dark-skinned population of Tawergha.
The city was mostly populated with black Libyans and black migrants, a legacy of its 19th-century origins as a transit town in the slave trade. Driving along the road between Misrata and Tawergha one can read slogans like “the brigade [Misrata brigade] for purging slaves and black skin.”
International human rights organizations have previously documented racist crimes by the Misrata brigade as it targeted the black population of Tawergha.
According to reports by independent media, rebel leaders had been threatening Tawergha long before the uprising. The threats included calling “for drastic measures like banning Tawergha natives from ever working, living or sending their children to schools in Misrata.”
But if racism was only latent before the civil war in Libya, with the post-revolutionary chaos in the country hate crimes are easily disguised.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back