Health and Wellness : they say i have diabetes now

:SuN035: i am not happy

Bro. James, I'm sorry to hear this. I trust you are seriously considering changing your diet (as Largo suggested). It runs heavy on my father's side, so I had to make some serious changes to what I eat and how I cook. I see too many of our people suffering from this disease, of which can be managed and overcome, if you're willing to change some things.

Please keep us posted with updates of your progress!

:SuN035: i am not happy

Welcome to the club.

If you are type 2, in addidtion to going meatless try to walk an extra 30+ minutes a day, and more if possible.

It is important to self-monitor at least 3 times a day unil you learn your body's internal clock.

Sorry to say but I will share something the doctors may not have mentioned. As Black men in particular age we tend to develop higher rates of prostate (as well as pancreatic) cancer, in addition to diabetes. This means going to the bathroom more often, especially in cold temperature. Therefore, drinking plenty of WATER is required not only to prevent dehydration but also to get your body used to water instead of drinking soft drinks or anything with sugar/high fructose corn syrup. Even some fruit juices can shoot high your glycemic index.

Peace, fo real!

Note: Get that prostate checked.....regularly.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back