They make me feel so good? But which one is my soul mate?

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by krazelyricks, Feb 7, 2005.

1. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    When I first started dating I was into older men. I only dated people from 20 to 24 because I thought they were better in tuned with my maturity level but that didn't work. After one failed relationship after another I decided that I would try what I should have tried from the start, my own age, and that is just what I did.

I decided to go with this real nice boy named Ryan. Ryan is a very smart man. Shoot, he's real smart. He makes me feel so warm inside. So warm that I almost went THERE with him on a few occasions but decided against it because I knew going there would get me caught up and I just wasn't ready for that yet. He's not popular but he's laid back and cool to me. He buys me any and everything I want. His daddy works for IBM so he has a little change to spend on me. I'm even part of his family. His mama and daddy adore me, as do mine. It's cool finally being with someone that compatible with you on different levels and you're never in fear of them telling your business. I feel as if he's in tact with me mentally and physically. The only problem is, he thinks he knows EVERYTHING!!! And I don't think that's going to work because I'm always used to being on top, I'm a Aries. That's how we Aries do. Shoot, my grade point average is WAY higher than his. He always wants to be competitive at everything we do. Plus, his breath stinks. Everytime we kiss I smell his breath. Ewwwww.... I can only deal with him on the weekends. We attend different schools. Which is good because I can have a little breathing room.

Being in different schools is also bad too. I've started another relationship with another boy. His name is Frank. We're the SAME age but I'm in the TWELFTH and he's in the NINTH. When people look at us they say I'm crazy to even consider him a possibility but he also makes me feel good inside. He's the star football player but there's so many troubles that comes along with him. He's been locked up for being a watchout man for a rape at a party. He said that he wasn't and I can only take his word but I don't know sometimes. He went with a girl in one of my AP classes and she looks at me crazy while we're in class. He says that he only went with her for a week and he broke up with her. He said that's why she's mad. But I don't like the tension that he has brought between me and the girl in my class. And to top it off he got suspended Friday for fighting. He got nine days and he calls me in class as if I'm suppose to talk to him in the middle of class. He's a headache, yes, but he's very compassionate and he makes me feel so so so good. However, I feel as if he doesn't fit into my repetoire except that he's popular. He said "I love you.", something that the other one never even mentioned last week. He said that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. I thought that by having him near me twenty four seven was cute at first but now it's down right SMOOTHERING. I know that there is a lot of drama that goes along with him but I feel as if we have SOMETHING in common that makes me look at him differently than everybody else. I don't know, maybe it's that good girl bad boy thing. Shoot, I don't know.

All I know is I need help. I know I need to let one of them go. It's h*ll joggling two relationships. One is compasionate, sweet, and gentle. The other is capassionate, sweet, and a little rough around the edges. Aw, what should I do? I know this is long but I wanted you to know my thoughts and feelings about each and every one of them before you judged them. Please, if you can, help me sort this thing out. :crying:

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hi Sister Krazelyricks!

I won't judge either of your friends, but I will tell you this, Sometimes that first intuition that we have about others is the best response you can get. I believe that you have your answer already, but you are allowing outside influences base your decisions. If you feel like you are being smothered, and find it difficult to deal with smelly breath and annoyed by the constant competiveness, chances are he is not the one for you. There are many good people out here who makes us feel good about something, that don't mean we have to date them. We can still enjoy each other company without being attached.

As for the jock, you already sense alot of drama with him. Drama that you dont want in your life, and drama you will be dealing with if you continue to deal with him. Your selfconsciousness is telling you the answers you seek to know. Why are you ignoring it? Sometimes we deal with little character defects when dealing with people who share common traits with us. But when these defects have us contemplating on whether or not we should proceed with that person, I found my intuition usually to be correct and that is what I follow. If I find it later to be wrong, then it was just wrong. Shoot! we can't be 100% right all the time.

I know that I didn't provide an answer to your question, I would prefer that you tap into the resources of your own mind first. This is how we learn about the person we are. When we get to know our true selves, we will choose the best things for us most of the times.

I hope this helps you a little! A little is better than nothing at all! :)

3. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hey...

Foxi, I thought u were getting married :look:
    maybe i'm getting you mixed up with another one
    of our younger sistahs though..

Much...
    Peace & Love
    Akilah :spinstar:

4. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes, I was getting married but I found out that I wasn't ready for it and we parted ways. As for the problem though, what you said purplemoons made mad sense to me. I totally agree. I'm gonna think about it some more and see which one I can deal with the most.

5. miss-no-love

miss-no-love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I also agree that you know who to choose, if you don't like being smothered or if u can't stand that boy breath why would you even be bothered with him if all them things turn you off then you should go the other direction, he's kind of rough on the edges but theres nothing wrong with that, if thats what you like than continue to be with that boy