Black People : They Control All Access to Information

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 18, 2010.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Do you think this is a true statement ... that white folk control all access to information?

I think it's true. I think, if they didn't want us to know about something, we'd not know about it. Likewise, that which we do know, is only as a result of them allowing us to know it. Obviously confident in their own system of racism, conditioning they've put on us, that whatever information is currently on the table, we'll not be moved to act in any kind of seriously dissenting fashion.

My thinking this way, is also the reason i'm often so perplexed at us arguing over information they've allowed us access to! Be it religion, politics, sex, whatever, it's only what they've allowed us to know. It's kinda like when the only book our Ancestors could read, was the Bible, but now they've opened the channels a little, letting a bit more information flow, but it is all just as censored. I don't understand why we fight over it. It's like they throw a new pebble of information into the pond of our lives, and we all scramble for it ... hungry for knowledge ... as we've been denied so much ... wanting to be the first to lay claim to it ... using it against each other to prove one is smarter than the next ... when the one who threw the pebble into our midst, knew ahead of time that we'd respond this way ... fighting each other over the new piece of information, the new pebble thrown into our pond. They probably stand back and say, wait let me throw the next one, no, let me, I can't wait to see them attack each other! We are so easily manipulated.

What really cemented this position in my mind is Plies and this video :

PLIES - 100 YEARS - VIDEO

I really like this song, and said so in [ame="http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50348"]this thread[/ame]. Now, I don't know how long the song had been out, before I first heard it, but as soon as I did ... I Loved This Young Man! I was so impressed with his courage to speak the truth regarding the injustices of their justice system. Soon after it's release though, my Son told me that they were pulling all of Plies' music off the shelves, you couldn't buy it. He was saying the wrong stuff in his songs. I was like dang!

Then ... all the next songs I hear from the Brother are about sex'n some chick. That's it.

I was mad and disappointed with him. I was like dang, what happened Plies?!!!

Well ... what happened to Plies is what happens to any message that has any real reach, it's killed. Not allowed to exist. Yeah, Plies could have continued singing about conscious stuff, but he'd not be able to eat and do that. Everyone wants to eat. Even if he chose not to eat, it would only be a matter of time before we stopped hearing from him, cause if you can't eat, you die.

It made me think about every single song we hear, every movie we watch, every piece of information we come across ... it's all approved by the racist system in place ... to keep us in place.

Another thing about the Plies situation ... he's calling white folk ******** in that song ... not just ******** ... but bleep bleep ******** ... that's probably another reason it was not allowed. Notice though, folk can make all the N word songs they want, but no ******* songs are allowed.

Name a ******* song you can go in the store and buy, created by a Black person.

Name a N word song you can go in the store and buy, created by a Black person.

They control it all, giving it back to us in doses, as they see fit ... for us to run with and argue with each other over.

Be it religion, politics, entertainment, law ... every area of human interaction ... they control the flow of information.

If you don't think they control our access to information, can you name one piece of information that you have, that white folk did not give you, or approve for dissemination prior to your receiving it?

I was mad at Plies ... but now I understand ... he's in the same boat as the rest of us ... wanting to eat, work, live, and doing no more than the rest of us ... to achieve that end. We all go to these folks' jobs, abide by their rules, pass their background checks, pee tests, clearances of whatever sort, so we can eat.

If i'm gonna be mad at Plies, i gotta be mad at all my people, and I can't do that.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    This is partially true, but that which IS true should lead those of us who believe we are heavily connected to the wisdom, power, and knowledge of the ancestors to question why and how this has ever been allowed to exist. How useful would establishing relationships with such entities (and even the Creator) be if the only way we would ever get life-altering information is through permission of the enemy? There is a substantial hole in the story that needs to be examined imho. Thanks for opening the discussion.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister BlakLioness ... i agree with you, it is partially true, for there is a level of knowledge that even they can't deny us, if we would only put ourselves in a place to collectively receive it.

I think this requires us loving each other, respecting each other, to get to this higher level of knowledge that can be used to overcome their reign of terror ... but we're so very conditioned to kill each other, fight each other ... never getting to the place we need to be.

I think that's the only thing that stops us now ... us ... but we have to manifest this part, and it's easier said than done.

White folk know this too, that's why they keep us all at odds with each other. Fighting over who's best, who's first, who's biggest, who's baddest, all of that. They know what the generations of oppression and mistreatment have done to us. They study caged animals, and what is needed when giving them even a semblance of freedom. Isn't it strange that there are such studies on caged animals, steps to take to introduce them back into the wild, yet there are no studies of us available ... probably the most captive people on the planet ... c'mon now ... they've done the studies, it's just not a part of the information approved for dissemination.

It's only partially true, but the missing piece requires us to love and respect each other ... and we fight that ... blindly passing by the solution to our own dilemma.

A vicious cycle, and they know it, which is why they work so hard to keep us at odds with each other.

They know, if we ever collectively realize ... collectively manifest love and respect for each other ... it's over for them.

Thanks for Sharing!

Destee

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    they control most but not all.....

i basically do agree with your points.
    however it is possible for black people to suss out correct information from the mess.
    we just have to be aware of the situation.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    here is some information that is not controlled

METU NETER - ra un nefer amen

this book is written by a black man. it talks about khemet. it is distributed by black.
    it is probably as close as we can come to having our own today.

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    The statement is completely false. There is no such thing as absolute control over information. However, a lot of people can be fooled into thinking information is completely inaccessible or doesn't exist. It also seems pretty trivial distract minds with a sea of inanity to prevent them from doing any critical thinking.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Right Brother James ... there are certainly some profound messages presented by Black Authors, no doubt.

My point is though, is that they allow it.

If they didn't want us to have access to this book, we would not have access to it.

It kinda speaks to their confidence regarding the conditioning they've put on us, that the dissemination of this book would stop nothing.

The killing, disrespect, fighting, all of it amongst us continues, with this book on our shelves.

My mind thinks of The Spook Who Sat By The Door, and how that book (and movie?) was removed from access for a time.

If they wanted this book done that way, they could have done it. Who could stop them? Not any of us.

Like Mr. Fuller, Jr. has said, the cost of being in the racism business has gone up. They can no longer get away with giving us just the Bible, or having a token Lena Horne alone. No, they have to give us more to keep us quelled, so they systematically pick what will be allowed, what won't, to what degree it will impact us, them, their system of racism, etc. I'm sure they even plan on it being introduced in a way that they know we will immediately begin to fight about it. In fact, I'm sure many fought over what is in this book vs what they already believed, i.e., had been given previously.

Everything is thought out before hand, to the best of their abilities i'm sure.

Love You!

Destee

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    you know , I am watching a Great and Mighty Walk, about Dr Clarke

A documentary made by Wesley Snipes
    Source URL http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=malcolm+x&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#q=john+henrik+clarke&hl=en&emb=0

With all due respect our ancestors had and have great Wisdom

All white knowledge

Chemistry
    Biology
    Psychology
    Astronomy
    Astrology
    Alchemy
    Physics
    History
    Geneology
    Surgery
    Homeopathy
    Agriculture
    Carpentry
    Masonry
    and Freemasonry
    Aleopathy
    Philosphy
    Theosphy
    Theology
    Journalism
    Poetry
    Oratory
    Metalurgy

ALL CAME FROM US

African people

But Dr John Henrik Clarke
    Cheik Anta Diop
    Lerone Hansberry
    Paschal Bevery Randolph
    John Jackson
    Marcus Garvey
    Kwame Nkhrumah
    Fanz Fanon
    Countee Cullen
    Arthur Schomberg
    Paul Robeson
    Dr Ben Jochanan

never had any Black books to read or research in fact 98%

of their information came from white folks.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Gorilla ... i'm only sharing my opinion, and am open to any and all correction.

How do you know there is no such thing as absolute control over information? What evidence do you have of that?

I presented my evidence in the opening post, that someone does control what songs, movies, news, etc., are accessible to us.

Are you saying no one controls that?

Let's talk about it.

Destee

10. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    and to be honest

Can electricity, gas, telephone, cable, food , and security, be considered to be "information"?

So really what is it that WE are serious about discussing controlling for ouselves?