Black People : They Are Still Our Slaves

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by awo dino, Nov 12, 2009.

1. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    This relates in no small measure to the Nigerian people as whole.
    For those of you who heard it, this is the article Dee Lee was reading this morning on a New York radio station. For those of you who didn't hear it, this is very deep. This is a heavy piece and a Caucasian wrote it.
    sp;Dee Lee, CFP
    Harvard Financial Educators

Dee Lee

THEY ARE STILL OUR SLAVES
    We can continue to reap profits from the Blacks without the effort of physical slavery. Look at the current methods of containment that they use on themselves: IGNORANCE, GREED, and SELFISHNESS.

Their IGNORANCE is the primary weapon of containment. A great man once said, 'The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it in a book.' We now live in the Information Age. They have gained the opportunity to read any book on any subject through the efforts of their fight for freedom, yet they refuse to read. There are numerous books readily available at Borders, Barnes &Noble, and Amazon.com, not to mention their own Black Bookstores that provide solid blueprints to reach economic equality (which should have been their fight all along), but few read consistently, if at all..

GREED is another powerful weapon of containment. Blacks, since the abolition of slavery, have had large amounts of money at their disposal. Last year they spent 10 billion dollars during Christmas, out of their 450 billion dollars in total yearly income (2.22%).

Any of us can use them as our target market, for any business venture we care to dream up, no matter how outlandish, they will buy into it. Being primarily a consumer people, they function totally by greed. They continually want more, with little thought for saving or investing.

They would rather buy some new sneaker than invest in starting a business. Some even neglect their children to have the latest Tommy or FUBU, And they still think that having a Mercedes, and a big house gives them 'Status' or that they have achieved their Dream.

They are fools! The vast majority of their people are still in poverty because their greed holds them back from collectively making better communities.

With the help of BET, and the rest of their black media that often broadcasts destructive images into their own homes, we will continue to see huge profits like those of Tommy and Nike. (Tommy Hilfiger has even jeered them, saying he doesn't want their money, and look at how the fools spend more with him than ever before!). They'll continue to show off to each other while we build solid communities with the profits from our businesses that we market to them.

SELFISHNESS, ingrained in their minds through slavery, is one of the major ways we can continue to contain them. One of their own, Dubois said that there was an innate division in their culture. A 'Talented Tenth' he called it. He was correct in his deduction that there are segments of their culture that has achieved some 'form' of success.

However, that segment missed the fullness of his work. They didn't read that the 'Talented Tenth' was then responsible to aid The Non-Talented Ninety Percent in achieving a better life.. Instead, that segment has created another class, a Buppie class that looks down on their people or aids them in a condescending manner. They will never achieve what we have.. Their selfishness does not allow them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of substance. When they do get together, their selfishness lets their egos get in the way of their goal Their so-called help organizations seem to only want to promote their name without making any real change in their community.

They are content to sit in conferences and conventions in our hotels, and talk about what they will do, while they award plaques to the best speakers, not to the best doers. Is there no end to their selfishness? They steadfastly refuse to see that Together Each Achieves More (TEAM).

They do not understand that they are no better than each other because of what they own, as a matter of fact, most of those Buppies are but one or two pay checks away from poverty. All of which is under the control of our pens in our offices and our rooms.

Yes, we will continue to contain them as long as they refuse to read, continue to buy anything they want, and keep thinking they are 'helping' their communities by paying dues to organizations which do little other than hold lavish conventions in our hotels. By the way, don't worry about any of th em reading this letter, remember, 'THEY DON'T READ!!!!

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Elijah Muhammed said this about us 50 years ago, so why has nothing realy changed?

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    So resistance against the enslavement of our ancestors, on the African continent--on some slave ships--from the black maroon colonies--via some of their alliances with American Indians, up to when ex black slaves were allowed to take up arms against ex white slaveowners--alongside free black men who created their own regiments, during the Civil War; afterwards ex slave and free black men helped to rebuild former Confederate allied states as elected officials etc., during the Reconstruction Era--is just so much 'ancient' history?

And after their betrayels by the candidates for the highest office in this nation--did lead to some underming of some efforts of some folks forebears,
    decades later their descendants helped to launched the modern Civil Rights movement--which after their brave stands against white bigots and racists inside and outside of the white status quo--eventually led to the U. S. Congress passing the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1965 etc., which ended Jim Crow segregation--the U S. version of apartheid, etc.

But is that little more than yesterday's headlines to you as well?

Oh really?!?

Yeah, right!

No bet!!

But you repost an article about what others can't or won't do nowadays??

And even though I also will admit that nobody and/or nothing was or is above or beyond further criticism or scrutiny etc.:

Where is your plan of action, etc., i. e., as to how do we go from mere talk and actually doing something to change the way things are in 2009???

Simply put:

Nothing gained, if nothing's being ventured...

But, if indeed the approaches of the past aren't consider effective via the present, long overdue for folks--like you--to also come up with news ones!

Just too oftentimes does too much come from you about what others aren't doing:

So do more to inspire people yourself!

FYI...

CTJ

4. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    My motivation for this post wasn't about sayin' the same old tired crap that's been said a thousand times before by people who only talk and don't do nothing about it. I was just posting an example of what many white people think, but more interesting is how this article could be reflecting white's opinions about African-Americans or Africans.

Sometimes we think we as individuals must have some grand plan of action. This keeps us from doing anything as we are immobilized by the size of the task. But everyone doing their little bit adds up. I'm at it everyday, in my little job, working with so-called "disadvantaged" youth. I hate that term. I work with drop outs, teaching GED classes, I work with Jobcorps, I work with Youthbuild. But the whole time, I have my own agenda, and that is to instill in these young people pride in their ancestry, knowledge of their history, etc. When no white kids show up, then we really get into it. There is nothing more rewarding than to see that light bulb switch on in their heads, and their chests puff up. Not from some fake machista bravado, but from real pride in their blackness.

5. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379
    I cannot say it any better than Frantz Fanon said it...

"Imperialism leaves behind germs of rot which we must clinically detect and remove from our land but from our minds as well."
    — Frantz Fanon

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    You here don't seem or sound like you know or understand one of the new tactics of the closet white bigots/racists/reactionaries/ad naseum:

I. e., as in--they coopt some of our peoples own criticisms etc. of black people in general, as though that person or persons represents all of us, and then those aformentioned whites dare to attempt to present themselves as new allies, when what they're about is just the opposite...

Instead the rest of us best not be just napping:

And me the only one doing the rapping!

Though who deserves to be considered our leaders hasn't changed at all!

As in:

Those whose deeds reflect their words!

This nation's socio/economic/political system was and is not meant to advance our peoples best interests...

So what is needed is to help create one that does...

Hence the ole saying remains true today as well:

As in:

Dare to struggle...

Dare to win!

What is your vision of a new America?

The old one is played out!

Big time!

FYI...

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Origins: Our earliest sighting of this polemic which excoriates "buppies" and other blacks for their presumed lack of literacy and bling-motivated consumer choices dates to October 2001, when it appeared as an unattributed item in the New York Beacon, a newspaper that focuses on African-American issues. It subsequently arrived in our inbox in January 2002 prefaced by the claim that it had been written by a Caucasian. In October 2002 we began receiving versions stating radio personality Dee Lee had read the item on air that morning on a New York station.

While the question of who wrote the piece remains murky, we can rule out two people who have often been erroneously pointed to as its author.

Radio personality Dee Lee, then of Philadelphia's Power 99 FM's "Dream Team" and Saint Louis' 100.3 "The Dee Lee Morning Show," firmly asserts he is neither the item's author nor did he ever read the piece on air. He said in a 28 January 2007 blog post that "I NEVER wrote nor read this article on NYC radio!!," adding that he "would in no way write or support such ignorance, especially degrading my own race."

Likely as a result of African-American radio jock Dee Lee's name having become attached to the screed, a Caucasian certified financial planner of the same name has been mistakenly pointed to as the source of the item. (The Internet-circulated piece, after all, always contained the claim that it had been written by a white person.) Dee Lee of Harvard Financial Educators, author of numerous books in the financial planning field, including Let's Talk Money, has seen the piece circulated with not only her name and business affiliation attached, but also her e-mail address and photo. She emphatically denies any association with the screed, stating "I did not author nor did I read the article in question on the radio."

Although the actual author of the piece is still unknown to us, Dr. Arthur Lewin of the Black and Hispanics Studies Department at Bernard M. Baruch College of the City University of New York claims to have edited the article into its present form many years ago and titled it "They Are Still Our Slaves." However, pointing to him as the original author of the piece is problematic, given that he claims his involvement was limited to editing an item titled "How to Make an Economic or Ghetto Slave" into "They Are Still Our Slaves," which he states he "received" (but not how or from whom).

As to what to make of the item, some analysts have expressed doubt that it was penned by a white racist, instead finding in the text reason to believe it the work of an African-American laboring to make a point. Said Tony Norman of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: "Besides its didacticism, this letter is full of the racial self-loathing that permeates much so-called 'uplift' literature these days. There is no substantive critique of a community's behavior here. It relies on stereotypes to make what are, at best, questionable points. It was, in all likelihood, written by a black person who was trying a little too hard to be 'deep' and righteous."

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/ourslaves.asp#Okv9PQKU8y00H3Pg.99

8. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I agree with the Snopes entry that this was not written by a white person but by a Black who wanted to shake us up.

This article is like the "Willie Lynch Letter," origins unknown and questionable; and it's framed/worded to get a reaction from Blacks.

Both accomplished their intent.

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    The Willie Lynch Papers were written by a brother out of North Carolina. I literally had to rip his @ss on Harambee Radio when I was on there with him and a host of other scholars. The initial post should be on this site somewhere.

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    After I and others were inspired to redefine ourselves as we chose and choose, anybody and everybody daring to lump us in with those who do and did continue to allow the white haters to reduce them down to what some they consider acceptable (as in us inferior to them) not only dis us, but also give up on people they do should be striving to deprogram etc. too...

Some react...

Others love new challenges...

We didn't and don't need to make it up, as we go along...

They did and do!

End of speech...