Black Spirituality Religion : "There will never be a Black American President." Guess who said that...

not at all.. I'm officially lost.. at this point, I have no idea what we are talking about anymore..

- peace.

A few here operate as though we are the same, just based on being of the same ethnic/racial/etc. background, hence it is the like of Kemy to be living as though none of us of the same generations have a different take on unity etc., than they have held on to, mostly via popularity contests and media hyped images etc., circa the seventies...

But this is 2015!

I. e., I don't quite see things as other generations do, but we came or are coming of age in different eras, even if we also have to cope and deal with the same b. s.

As regards the question being asked here:

Even if Obama isn't quite what his white backers expected, some of his white 'critics' rants ad naseum tell us how deep the fear of a black man being in the White House goes...

It is an issue and problem as how whites in this nation have a bad take on nonwhite leaders overall, who they choose or don't choose to take seriously, in their own midst...

Some here do indeed need to read or reread Fanon's books...

As he said and wrote: Some of those whites at the top are the worst bigots and racists etc.

FYI

not at all.. I'm officially lost.. at this point, I have no idea what we are talking about anymore..

- peace.

First of all, I don't pretend to have a clue as to what you feel or think about black elected officials, in your neck of the woods...

Second of all, I also hope and pray to get you and others to realize my comments were and are meant to empower us, as a given...

Above and beyond that:

How we feel and (sometimes) think, others use against us, and not just white folk!

I. e., our alleged or real clashes, on all levels, both between us and whites, as well as between ourselves, via the mass media(s), tends to be too public, whereas other groups tend to keep theirs private...

My and the point: It is difficult (if not impossible) to get across our allege or true gripes, about our issues/problems/etc., if we can't and don't take things above/beyond/etc. us just being the 'free entertainment', on the local or national news outlets, etc.

All things get mixed up, in the era of heavily edited media clips, etc.

To say the least: One and all have to make up their own minds, as regards the various judgement calls, of this nation's first black president, etc.

Us debating over who was or is right about blacks who denied their would even be on in our lifetimes is a moot point...

Thing is: Will there be any new ones?

Time will tell...

FYI

Werent you one of the ones claiming he would never win in the beginning? :11900:

You tell me Kem.. was I? You got a whole week to think about it. While you on browse-only mode.. do a search of my posts and show me what you're talking about.. you and anybody that agrees with you..

You tell me Kem.. was I? You got a whole week to think about it. While you on browse-only mode.. do a search of my posts and show me what you're talking about.. you and anybody that agrees with you..

I didn't browse at all. And I already know, you didn't commit.

I didn't browse at all. And I already know, you didn't commit.

No.. you didn't have to browse.. especially since I joined Destee in 2009.. after Obama was in Office.

You stay with your foot in your mouth. And what is the topic of this thread again?.. and what are you talking about again?..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back