OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive

"There is NO SUCH THING AS A WHITE ANTI-RACIST. The term itself, "white anti- racist" is an oxymoron. In the following, I will explain why. Then, I will begin to detail how this impacts non-white people in organizing work specifically, along with how it affects non-white people generally.
First, one must realize that whiteness is a structure of domination. As such, there is nothing redeemable or reformable about whiteness. Intellectuals, scholars and activists, especially those who are non- white, have drawn our attention to this for years. For example, people such as Malcolm X, W.E.B. DuBois, Marcus Garvey, James Baldwin, Toni Morrison, Ida B. Wells, Sojourner Truth, Frederick Douglass, and many, many others who are perhaps less famous, have articulated the relationship between whiteness and domination.
Further, people such as Douglass and DuBois began to outline how whiteness is a social and political construct that emphasizes the domination, authority, and perceived humanity of those who are racialized as white. They, along with many other non-white writers and orators, have pointed to the fact that it was the bodies who were able to be racialized as "white" that were able to be viewed as rational, authoritative, and deserving. Further, and believe me, this is no small thing, white people are viewed as human. What this means is that when white people suffer, as some who are poor/female/queer, they nevertheless are able to have some measure of sympathy for their plight simply because they are white and their marginalization is considered an emergency, crisis or an issue to be concerned about."
The rest: http://whgbetc.com/white-anti-racist-oxymoron.pdf

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : no such thing as western civilization ? Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : lil-wayne-no-such-thing-as-racism Black Entertainment 13
HODEE Black Relationships : Is there such a thing as ...The Practice Wife? Black Relationships 2
Kemetstry Black People : NO SUCH THING AS A GAY SLUR? Black People Open Forum 1
S Black Relationships : Any such thing as a "Good Girl"? Black Relationships 11
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : No Such Thing As God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
R Black Spirituality Religion : No such thing as GOD? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Is There Such A Thing As A Devil ? Chief Elder Osiris 0
I Black Spirituality Religion : Can You Show Me Where In The Bible That There Is Such Thing As The '' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
M Black Poetry : No such thing as Luck! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Bishop Black Poetry : From the Dark Bishop - No such thing as a Friend!!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Bishop Black Poetry : From the Dark Bishop - No such thing as a Friend!!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
M Quiet Poetry Lounge : is there such a thing?...... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ham Black Spirituality Religion : UFO's and such... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
R Black Poetry : Tell a phat story about bling in the category of things // Such as the fury of jewelry and wedding r Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
crwn Black People : Why Are African People Such Cowards Always Taking Abuse And Not Fighting Back For Themselves Black People Open Forum 0
SouthsideIrish Black People : How come people have such a hard time admitting when they are wrong? Black People Open Forum 22
R Black Poetry : This is a series of known quality with a home policy With hotter flames and a proper name such and p Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Contrary Evidence 2 Such A Discredited Claim Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
Destee Black People : Where are the hate and diminish Black Women Sites - surely there's a place built for such? Black People Open Forum 14
Destee We are in such a flux! Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
G Black Poetry : Do walls hold such? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : There Is No Such A action as Negative Energy Chief Elder Osiris 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Gita says that if one remains in bliss even in the state of the death, such person is Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Black People Are Such Self Defeating And Doubting People??? Chief Elder Osiris 4
Kamau47 Black Spirituality Religion : This Is Why I Have Such A Problem With Christianity Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 24
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Is Life Really Such A Mystery? Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY BLACK PEOPLE HAVE SUCH AN INSATIABLE APPETITE TO LOVE AMER Chief Elder Osiris 10
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING, SUCH A DEFECT IS EQUAL TO BELIEF Chief Elder Osiris 0
SpiritualONE Sports Drinks, Such as Gatorade, Damages Teeth Black Health and Wellness 29
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black And Despising Such A Fact Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : To Claim Love for Self While There Is Not Knowledge Of Self, Make such A Claim A Lie Chief Elder Osiris 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Within the Vice Of An Idiot, There Emerge The Behavior Of A Fool, And In Such Compan Chief Elder Osiris 0
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : Such Warmth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
O Destee, why such a drastic step? Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 3
M Black Picture Image Gallery : Mississippi Red's Family and such/hope it works Black Picture Image Gallery 19
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Heaven / Hell - Do You Believe There Are Such Places? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 69
blakverb Black Poetry : I LOVE YOU (Such a simple title) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
HODEE Black People Politics : Swamp Thing Black People Politics 1
C Black People : The Most Serious Thing Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : Well, One Thing I Can Be Certain Of Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Its clear doe a year ago a boy starved for sex carved some complex words in a love letter in the club her thing wetter and the wetter the better acco Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Its a pleasure to measure and find the size the treasure is wine and pies write in his ledger the day they met her thing stay wet this is all habit re Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Look he's charming cake at an alarming rate have sex use local tissues which lead to social issues wow this boy's thing increase in size and now he w Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : She have butter breasts for other guests her mother suggests she wear a bra one boy in a car tried to get some normal thing for a wet one but she let Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : 8/9/2019 got terrific fame no specific name perfume sniff it on a dame my thing cream too much boys seen and touched extreme like STARKY AND HUTCH tri Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Above the rim and fly and love simplify his reason for true wings this season gonna do bling after all it's not a new thing see a girl body swell and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : In VIRGINIA BEACH one boy spoke tender and hoped a girl surrender her thing to him needed wings to be above rim succeeded she sings she love him he w Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
candeesweet Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : One more thing Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
R Black Poetry : In an unoccupied space but have hot fried lace like chicken wings boys be licking my thing they s Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0