Black Spirituality Religion : There is No *GOD* in *RELIGION*

music producer:
it's my understanding that the dogon were one tribe & one priesthood in kemet.

you'll notice that throughout kemet there are some cosmogenies that are seemingly unrelated and completely parallel. this is a reflection of the fact that they were a heterogenous group of african peoples.

i thought you had some historical documentation on where the dogon were specifically...etc.

anyway i agree on some of the parallels you point out, but disagree with your interpretation; as we've established in the past.

Some might say that the religion is God or vice versa. They are wrong. Let's look at this from a classically African spiritual perspective. We know that in most cases, God was viewed as the totality of all things. It is even amusing that Western scientists are going back to much of the same thing Africans had been saying for centuries about the Universe with their recently constructed Big Bang Theory. To get back on topic...before the extensive incursions of Arabic/Semitic or European ideological influence, there was rarely even a word for "religion" in most African languages. That is because it did not matter who, what, or how you worshipped, because any worship was about God since the One Supreme Being joined in all of its divine aspects included all that there is in the Universe. Setting aside tribal conflicts, Africans recognized the futility in spiritual divisiveness perhaps since time immemorial.

When it comes to nearly all the religions these days, they seek to divide instead of unifying. In particular, Hebrewism, Christianity, and Islam have created so much divisiveness in the mentality of the African that too often people of the same family, tribal affiliation, and so forth can no longer live together in mutually progressive peace. Given this intrinsic divisiveness with religion, from a classical African perspective, it is the exact opposite of God. In fact, any statement with "God" and "religion" in the same sentence risks being contradictory in nature.

In conclusion, there is no God in Religion! Religion (as well as its doctrine) seeks to divide, therefore, cannot be of God.

One cannot have the Father without religion nor can one show true religion without the Father.

Having faith in the Holy Son means one should have religion, and with that, you certainly will be separated or set apart from others who do not believe. It doesn't mean you'll look down on any nor be able to communicate with them, but the Way in life you're going now will certainly be "strange" in their eyes so even if you didn't physically set yourself apart, others will do so for you because what doesn't fit in this world is rejected by those that live in it.

It does not mean that religion isn't of the Father just because there's separation; what doesn't agree usually separates and that doesn't make it bad, at least, not for both sides. My faith in the Son has given me religion, and with all of this, a family to call my own; a family which I was divided from at first, and now I'm with forevermore, so there definitely is unity when there is religion of the Father.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back