Black Spirituality Religion : There is No *GOD* in *RELIGION*

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Dec 27, 2006.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Some might say that the religion is God or vice versa. They are wrong. Let's look at this from a classically African spiritual perspective. We know that in most cases, God was viewed as the totality of all things. It is even amusing that Western scientists are going back to much of the same thing Africans had been saying for centuries about the Universe with their recently constructed Big Bang Theory. To get back on topic...before the extensive incursions of Arabic/Semitic or European ideological influence, there was rarely even a word for "religion" in most African languages. That is because it did not matter who, what, or how you worshipped, because any worship was about God since the One Supreme Being joined in all of its divine aspects included all that there is in the Universe. Setting aside tribal conflicts, Africans recognized the futility in spiritual divisiveness perhaps since time immemorial.

When it comes to nearly all the religions these days, they seek to divide instead of unifying. In particular, Hebrewism, Christianity, and Islam have created so much divisiveness in the mentality of the African that too often people of the same family, tribal affiliation, and so forth can no longer live together in mutually progressive peace. Given this intrinsic divisiveness with religion, from a classical African perspective, it is the exact opposite of God. In fact, any statement with "God" and "religion" in the same sentence risks being contradictory in nature.

In conclusion, there is no God in Religion! Religion (as well as its doctrine) seeks to divide, therefore, cannot be of God.

2. nibs

nibs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22
    absolutely. knowledge of "god"; understanding "god" is simply the natural way of life.
    striving to remain in harmony with, and to experience one's own divine nature; and the divine nature of everything around as well.

when you single out the abrahamic faiths; the reality is that those doctrines are incompatible with african thought and directly condemn african practices. this is my only beef with them. when you look at the indigenous asian spiritual practices, and those of native americans...they are completely in synch with african thought; and really all derive from a common source anyway.

3. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    In ancient Egypt there is and was a difference between Neter and Neteru. One expression “Neter” is of Monotheistic philosophy. The other expression “Neteru” is of Polytheistic philosophy.

It is these expressions and philosophies behind these two ancient words that have always created division hundreds of years before Christianity and Islam.

I omitted Hebrewism because it is linked to Old Testament knowledge which was already in Africa way before Christianity and Islam.

One excellent example of Hebrewism being linked to ancient, ancient African Traditional Spatiality can be found in this passage.

Lev:25:10: And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.

Lev:25:11: A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.

This information could have only been recorded by an ancient African Priest who was conscious and well aware of a particular Spiritual practice that is unique to the oldest, proven African Spiritual practice as of yet; because this information only became available when Dogon Practices was recorded in the 1940s. The Pentateuch (5 books of Moses) date back to being written down around 800 BC thus we can hardly place Hebrewism in the same category as Christianity and Islam.

These passages in Leviticus clearly reveal a reference to the Sigui Festival that was only known through African Oral Tradition and was unique to a specific people, the Dogon in whom Dynasties 1-4 of Egyptian Spirituality can be directly linked to.

4. nibs

Ratings:
    +22
    (Music Producer) - the Dogon in whom Dynasties 1-4 of Egyptian Spirituality can be directly linked to.

music producer, what are these specific links to dynasties 1-4?

5. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Egypt:
    Sirius is called the Throne of Isis.
    Dogon:
    In Dogon spirituality it was called Amma doi (The Seat of Amma / GOD)

Egypt:
    The first Ennead called (Ogdoad) was comprised of aquatic beings.
    Dogon:
    Describe the Nummo as aquatic beings.

Egypt:
    The Ogdoad deals with a Celestial Egg.
    Dogon:
    Starts with the concept of Amma’s Egg formed in Space.

Egypt:
    The Boat of Ra, Amen, Ptah and its 12 hours in the Tuat.
    Dogon:
    The first Ark of the Ogo and it’s 12 lunar month representation.

Egypt:
    Amen being represented by an umbilicus.
    Dogon:
    Ogo being represented by an umbilicus.

All of these concepts originated from the Dogon. As time went on they became corrupted by Egypt.

6. nibs

Ratings:
    +22
    music producer:
    it's my understanding that the dogon were one tribe & one priesthood in kemet.

you'll notice that throughout kemet there are some cosmogenies that are seemingly unrelated and completely parallel. this is a reflection of the fact that they were a heterogenous group of african peoples.

i thought you had some historical documentation on where the dogon were specifically...etc.

anyway i agree on some of the parallels you point out, but disagree with your interpretation; as we've established in the past.

7. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Interpretation?

What is there to interpret?

8. ANUK_AUSAR

ANUK_AUSAR Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    The center of the worship of the so-called "Ogdoad" was in Khenemmu, or so-called Hermopolis...

Perhaps you're asserting that Hermopolis was the homeland of the Dogon?

9. nibs

Ratings:
    +22
    (nibs) - it's my understanding that the dogon were one tribe & one priesthood in kemet.

multiple tribes, of which; griaule spoke with one.

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

One cannot have the Father without religion nor can one show true religion without the Father.

Having faith in the Holy Son means one should have religion, and with that, you certainly will be separated or set apart from others who do not believe. It doesn't mean you'll look down on any nor be able to communicate with them, but the Way in life you're going now will certainly be "strange" in their eyes so even if you didn't physically set yourself apart, others will do so for you because what doesn't fit in this world is rejected by those that live in it.

It does not mean that religion isn't of the Father just because there's separation; what doesn't agree usually separates and that doesn't make it bad, at least, not for both sides. My faith in the Son has given me religion, and with all of this, a family to call my own; a family which I was divided from at first, and now I'm with forevermore, so there definitely is unity when there is religion of the Father.