Black People : there are TOO many people in new york city....

You know what I miss about New York?
The food... the architecture... the energy which it has...

But having literally survived the second and third attack on the WTC, I haven't been back with the exception of placing my biological into the dirt.

But with as many people there in NYC, at least its organized confusion... and other places give you that feel to it.
Like Laredo Texas has the feel of Brooklyn... I literally felt like I was home except for being like 3 AAs there that I saw... and I brought the other 2 with me
but it can't replace home, the many cultures living together, the music, the smells of foods, the way of interaction...
unlike Cairo, IL, I drove a semi through there and the hunger was so oppressive there that I didn't even stop at any of the lights...

But nothing is the same anymore, as it never is after a time... if people don't fight for their homes, if they allow others to take from them while they remain silent.. what can you do?

at least its not Philly...

I heard Whoopie say that is is getting expensive to stay in the Bronx..(I think) Due to rebuilding and the high price of condos.

I think she was joking
no, she was not joking.....gentrification is pricing black people out

won't be going back there anytime soon. whew!
you have to be built for this lol and all those people you see ain't "from" here. Many people flood Manhattan Island from 110th Street to Canal Street from around the world and NJ, CT, PA and other places as well as residents from here. We are tired of them too! lol Native NY'ers are headache enough we don't need outside help to make the headaches worse lol.

anyway NY is more than what out of towners and transplants think, it's more than times square, wall street, soho and broadway. There are many places you can chill in The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.

But you out of towners wouldn't know that.

A NY minute is 2.5 seconds if you ain't ready you ain't ready.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back