Black People : there are TOO many people in new york city....

Expensive due to white gentrification and the city declaring eminent domain and kicking previous black and Hispanic mom& pop businesses from the business strips in favor of upscale white businesses and corporations.
You bring up a good point here. What will happen to the middle to lower income folks when money keeps pushing them back? Would they be forced (by economics) to move out of NY? NY is only so big in terms of land mass.

Peace!

:toast:
Yeah, they are doing this in Chicago. Vacant lots that were around when I was a child are just now being built on. It like they did a circle, Yt moved out, we moved in, then they moved us out, and now they are moving back in. They are also making it (price wise) to where they get the right sort of people in.

Peace!

Don't forget Detroit... The rebuilding of NO after Katrina...
Hell, the way they used eminent domain on Atlantic Avenue on those people to create the arena for the Brooklyn Nets...

Yeah bruh...I've always heard/seen on t-vee that NY was full'a folks...:lol:

Is Downtown really like that, I mean the gridlock? YA see out here, in sum places, Elsee the cow is bout the only thang on da road...:rofl:

Peace!
I guess by "downtown" you mean Manhattan below 57th Street. Yes
it's all gridlock especially around rush hour brooklyn, bronx, queens, and SI suffer it too on the local streets and highways, like SI expressway, BQE, Belt PKWY, Van Wyck, LIE, FDR, West Side HWY, Bruckner, Major Deegan Expressway and the ultimate grindlock is the Cross Bronx Expressway. Now we have this thing called "select bus service" and they make lanes for these buses on already crowded streets. So where there were 2 lanes for traffic now there is one reserved for the buses between the hours of 7am to 7pm I guess.

The real NYC gridlock is on the subways doing rush hour, grand central station and port authority.

So she wasn't joking...

So if this is the deal, that means that middle to lower income folks are being pushed out further.

Peace!

It's not pretty. Bed Stuy is turning into greenwich village in certain parts. As well as Bushwick, Ft Greene, Williamsburg and West Harlem especially 110th street around central park.

All the areas I listed have dwindling people of color populations. But we are still here in major fashion, it's just tainted now with Cody and becky and amy from the midwest in our midst.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back