Black Spirituality Religion : There are no sects in Islam

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ecks, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace, family,

If there are any Muslims out there, and I am not Muslim, just for the record, I wanted to point out Surah 30:31-32 and how those ayats show that there are no sects in (True) Islam.

Surah 30:31-32 (Maulana Muhammad Ali translation:)

"(31)...and keep your duty to Him, and keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists, (32)Of those who split up their religion and become parties; every sect rejoicing in that which is with it."

These ayats plainly tell us my Brothers & Sisters that in (True) Islam sectarianism is polytheistic. That means that there are no sects in True Islam.

Peace.
    Bro. Ecks

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Yes there is. Saudi vs Persian. Sunni and the other sect escapes me

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Sunni v. Shia

There has been a split since the death of the prophet between the followers of Ali (Shia) and the followers of Abu Bakr(Sunni). Then, there are the Sufis.

Sectarian violence between rival Muslim factions tore apart Somalia and here is some background on the situation in Syria.

War-torn Syria is a humanitarian disaster. Bashar al-Assad, an Alawite (considered an offshoot of Shia-ism) faced opposition from a predominantly Sunni rebel movement. Shia shrines, including that of Hazrat Sayyida Zainab, daughter of Hazrat Ali, were allegedly purposively targeted. Hezbollah, a radical Shia group based in Lebanon, have been drawn into the conflict as well, further complicating an already volatile situation and making this conflict more of a Shia-Sunni skirmish rather than the pro-democratic rebellion that it started off as.

http://thetypewriter.org/5840/2013.11/international/islam-and-sectarian-politics/