Black Sports : The Year of the Black Quarterback?

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by kemetkind, Jan 5, 2006.

1. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    With what happened in the pros this year some were starting to claim the "mobile" quarterback era was a played out fad. Mcnabb, Mcnair, Dante, Vick...none of them had good years.

But I got to thinking about what I saw in the bowls after Vince showed out last night and put together some stats.

Black QBs flat out REPRESENTED this year in the bowls.

Check it out:

1. Vince Young: Showed out in the Rose Bowl beating USC.
    2. Troy smith: Showed out on Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl
    3. Michael Robinson: Handles his taking penn st over fl. state in orange bowl
    4. Marcus Vick: Lead V.Tech to win over lousiville in gator bowl
    5. DJ Shockley: lost at UGA - but to another brother Lee Majors at WV in Sugar Bowl
    6. Chris Leak: Lead UF to a bowl win over iowa in outback bowl
    7. Paul Smith: at Tulsa beat Fresno State in Liberty Bowl- who was supposed to be so great since they gave USC a scare
    8. Brad Smith: Lead Missouri to comeback win on South Carolina in the independence bowl
    9. Charlie Whitehurst: Lead Clemson over colorado in Champs Sports Bowl
    10. Maurice Avery: lead memphis over akron in motor city bowl (though can't really claim this one - my homeboy Deangelo Williams clowned in this one)
    11. Lamar Owens: lead Navy over Colorado State in Poinsetta bowl
    12. Marques Hagans at Virginia beat Minnesota in music city bowl

It's wild - Black quarterbacks played in 14 bowls and won 12 of them....that's 86%

The only losses were:

Car Care Bowl: South Florida's Pat Julmiste lost to NC State
    and
    Emerald bowl: Reggie Ball at Georgia State lost to Utah.

Here's the stat though:

ALL 4 of the BCS bowls won by black Quarterbacks! 100%!

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    its looking like the decade of the AA QB.

Mc nair ran a lot in his early years but once he got older he really became a phenomenal passing QB. Caulpepper has always been an excellent passer, vick needs some more talent around him-especially the o-line. Mcnabb is good he just need to stop the bone head turn overs ala brett favre late in games. yeah these wht comentators are just venting their frusdtration and jealosy. they know their sons wont stand a chance against mobile qbs who can pass for 400 yards as well.

oh yeah kemit dont forget my man Leftwitch, he led his team to the playoffs along with gerrard his black back up.

peace

3. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    You probably right it's not just this year. I did completely forget about Byron Leftwhich since he'd been hurt for a minute. I'll be pullling for him to get at Tom Brady and company. Jags needs to get more plays for Matt Jones though....I'm tellin ya'll that dude is THE coldest white boy EVER in the open field. 4.3, 6'5", crazy moves...

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    dont know much bout jones. yeah i want to see brady bunch go down.