Black People : The Wounded Mind(part4.)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HealingU, Dec 14, 2004.

1. HealingU

HealingU Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Before beginning, i want to thank those of you for reading this and for responding. I understand your responces and as this thread continues, evryone will understand their responces, for even no responce is a responce. Now, for the sake of clearing the air...as black people we should understand when a baby is born, the emotional body is totally healthy. If we observe our children who are two or three years old, we will see how they behave...they are playing all the time.

You see them laughing all the time. The imagination is so powerful, and even the way they dream is an adventure of exploration. How many of us can remember our childhood? Times when we were much happier than now? When something was wrong, we reacted, defened ourselves, but then we let it go and returned our attention to the moment again, to play again, to explore and have fun. We were not ashameed of the past and were not worried about the future. Little children express what they feel and they are not afraid to love.

The happiest moments in our lives are when we are playinmg like children, when we are singing and dancing, when we are exploring and creating just for fun. Even on the internet this is true. But what happened to us? What happened was that when we were children, the adults in our lives who already were infected in turn spread their disease to us. They taught us to be like them. This is what happens to children. the disease passed from our older siblings, our teachers, our parents and society in general. This is the way we learned. This is the way we program the human mind.

We domesticate humans the same way we domesticate dogs or any other animal...with "punishment and reward". We are afraid of being punished..but we're equally afraid of not getting the reward....of not being good enough for Mom or Dad, our siblings or our teachers. "THE NEED TO BE ACCEPTED IS BORN". Before that happens, we don't care if we're accepted or not. Peoples opinions aren't important. They aren't important because all we want to do is play and live in the present. What we have defined as education is actually the domestication of human beings. (To be Continued)

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well said and i know as a child life was much easy but it's life we grow
    and move pass the days as we face responsibilty

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :wave: Hello Healingus

I would like to welcome you to Destee's and thank you for your post on understanding our emotional state and how it affects our thinking everyday. There is so much truth written in your threads and I am looking forward to reading more.

Please do continue!! I hope you consider becomming a Premium Member here. We are a community that supports itself and our contributions is what enables us to continue to grow, discuss, and learn together!

Again, Welcome to Destee and Thank you for your interest in our community!

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    actually, i don't find any truth and much garbage.
    these posts should be in the religion forum, if they need to be here at all.
    this is a bunch of hooey.

5. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Why do you feel it is a bunch of hooey Brother James?

We do have so many untouched issues that we don't address in life. We do need healing on one thing or another.

Tell us what you see in these post and what harm is being done?

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    if you broke your leg would you go to the ER or to a shaman?

having been through extensive psycho therapy, i know the difference between real therapeutic work and psycho babble.
    perhaps you do not.

i dislike shamans.

7. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    To tell ya the truth Brother James if I broke my leg, I would rather know how to fix it myself. But since there are doctors around, I would go to hospital. Psst! you would be surprized how many doctors are naturalist. I think thats what they are calling them now. When I recall the correct title, I will post it.

And you are correct, I don't know the difference between therapeutic work and "psycho babble" They both seem to branch from the same tree. Just one is handed a degree, stating that one completed a series of courses and the other was passed down from family member to family member.

I hoped you would explained more but you shared enough for me to understand why you feel as you do.

Thank you!