Black People : The Wounded Mind (part3.)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HealingU, Dec 13, 2004.

1. HealingU

HealingU Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke earlier on the idea of our wearing social mask and other things. In continuation, you will find that we also put up barriers for protection, to keep other people away...but those same barriers also keep us inside, restricting our freedom. When someone says: "you are pushing my buttons", that isn't exactly true. What's actually going on is that they are touching a wound in your mind and you react because it hurts.

We are existing in a hell without recognizing it as such. Hell is a place of suffering, a place of fear, a place of judgement, of violence, war, pain and a place of punishment that never seems to end. Sounds a lot like life doesn't it? How many of us or how many people do we know of that are going through these changes everyday, everynight, every week, every year? Why is this so? It's so because as humans we are full of blame, full of guilt, full of emotional poison--envy, strife, hate, anger, sadness and suffering.

Those who came before us created this drama, this madness that we inherited as children. They did it through the rules of society, it's laws, its religions, its different customs and ways to be. All this information was then stored in our minds like a million voices talking to us all at once. We were born into this society, we grew up in this society, and we learned to be like everyone else in this society...inheriting the same poisons that they did as if that's the way it's supposed to be...as if it's natural.

How did we get these poisons in us? Was it always like this? In the next chapter we will explore these issues for further understanding as we begin to explore the process of self healing to be born a new...to be whole...to love as we once did...to live.

2. islander

islander Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I think that these poisons within us are formed by our own thoughts. Society simply makes it "okay" to feel a certain way because they say that it's "natural". What is natural? Is it to feel and act the same way society does when it comes to certain feelings or emotions? If you're sad and you begin to cry, then it's natural; if you're angry and you start screaming at someone...it's natural; if you deal with these or other emotions in any other way that society isn't used to or that society accepts then is it considered unnatural, or are you just creating your own reality? For example, if you smiled when you're sad or danced when you're angry then you're creating your own reality by not letting those internalized feelings outwardly affect you. You've chosen to stop these emotions from consuming every aspect of your life.

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    FLOW ON

Thanks for the post. Very informative. Welcome to Destee.

" It's so because as humans we are full of blame, full of guilt, full of emotional poison--envy, strife, hate, anger, sadness and suffering. "

I can only speak for myself, but I do see some of these traits. Doing the right thing is harder than doing the wrong thing. Showing emotions is harder than covering up and fronting as it is termed.

I love the lord. I am truly blessed.

I do all I can not be hypocritical. I would not ask anything of another I wouldn't do or consider doing myself.

I try very hard to get along and I am honest. So I expect and have expectations on those in my life.

I do all I can not be jealous and envious of others. I am really happy when others succeed. If I desire some of the same, I start working to get my share of that same happiness and level of wealth. I may never each the same level, and I don't stress, over it.

I am at peace within myself and know I am blessed. I have lived minimal and I have lived abundant. I undersand and do not stress and panic when I reach either extreme. If Im running down the middle of the two I am at peace.

I do get angry, when injustice shows its ugly head. What I do is address it in a manner that makes it clear, I will not be walked on, ridiculed ( just to make another feel grand ) , put down, or discriminated against. I will speak my mind. I will make things right. I will support and fight for another’s. Rights and respect.

I have had my share of sadness. It never last long. I am a realist, and soon cut my losses, or give it up because I have done all I could.

Change those things you can, and let go of and walk away from those things you can't change.

I don't hate anyone. I do dislike some people, and I have nothing to do with them again. They are fully aware of the break in relations and we avoid each other. I have never physically harmed anyone. I have been told I have emotionally hurt others. Not intentionally, it isn't what I want my character to be.

If speaking my mind, and being honest and pushing way from those who continue to drain and hurt others and me is emotional damage. I am sorry. I can not be associated with back stabbers, jealous and judgmental people. Take my riches but my sprit you can never have.

I have suffered only at the hand of those I let into my life. I have suffered only at the hands of those I let get close to me. They are no longer in my life, and I am at peace.

I believe strangers aren't the ones causing all the pain. It is someone who believes they know you. I tell people. You don't know me, because as close as I can be to you or someone. I can distance myself if need be. I can take out my scissors and cut the ties that bind. With no hesitation. I will miss and do miss some I had to distance myself from, but I had to do it and felt it was for the better.

This is a form of conditioning you speak about. Getting free and staying free of that is a constant struggle, because it so easy to just passively go with the flow. Here is an example of how we are controlled.

A baby elephant in order to train is staked and chained. With a thick chain and stake in the ground. That baby pulls on the chain and cries to be free. Wants to walk around play and do natural things. When that elephant is grown. The stake and chain is replaced with a smaller stake and a rope.

That elephant pulls and feels resistance and can't tell the difference in the chain and rope. If the resistance is present the elephant is fooled.

How does this relate to how we as humans are conditioned, grow up, restrict our selves and stop when we receive a little resistance?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    this is a bunch of garbage.
    in what way is this poster black oriented?
    who ever you are, please stop hogging up our bandwidth.