Black People : THE WOMAN SEX OBJECT (WHY BLACK MEN GO FAR LONG HAIR)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Afru Shukuwr, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    It is simple. American business plays on it in television. When a woman's hair is long and straight it reminds men of having sex more than nappy hair. Countless times women looked at as beautiful on tv are seen waving the hair from their eyes and the wind blowing it. The hair isnt neccessarily kept neat during sex. And you have the makeup and lights to help tv do its thing. That transfers to billboards, magazines, etc.

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    the woman sex object...

i don't think that it's so much the[long hair]that blackmen want as opposed to[a full head of hair]my wife wears her hair short and while it looks nice on her i prefer more hair,not long but fuller and i think that most blackmen would agree,because honestly when i see a sister with braids or a weave i wonder how much hair does she have?

3. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    I hope you are right. Has the White woman loving Negro come to past?

In any invent I think we both are right.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    If we as African men define and see the value of a sister by her hair, we are in trouble!!! All these sisters are beautiful...from bald to long hair. Have you seen the models on the old Ohio Players albums who were bald? Mind Blowing to say the least! So obviously this aspect that you speak of is indeed a shallow one, sort of like a sister saying; "I only like men who are bald headed". Well darn, what does that say and mean for the brothers who have hair? I mean, your preference is your preference....but it ain't universal and don't hold any weight. Sort of like opinions, everybody got one....and your is welcome too. We just don't want to get "opinions and facts" mixed up.

5. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    I didnt mean for beautiful to be the main point of discussion although I do agree with you.
    The main point is sex objects. It has wrongly been the goal of our women although most dont want to admit. If you try to look like someone you saw on tv and you are going away from your natural self you are trying to be a sex object. You really want that to be on of the first thing that men think when they look at you. And then when you are tired of them looking at you or when they say something that you dont like you feel sexually harrassed.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    In all fairness and honesty, I am starting to realize that.

There has got to be a reason for trying to look like someone else, inasmuch as there is a reason for not doing so, and remaining your Natural Self. All I can say is...Self-Hate is right around the corner with at least one of them.

MK

7. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    beauty is not being seen through our eyes

and our sense of beauty has been corrupted

by the..........well the not so beautiful

8. hope

hope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    i dont agree i think brothas like women/sistas no matter what the hairs like. Short hair can look as good as long hair and i also think women with thick hair can look better than women with thin hair, its all about how the hair is styled and not really the length.

9. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    KGMW Keita writes: If we as African men define and see the value of a sister by her hair, we are in trouble!!! All these sisters are beautiful...from bald to long hair. Have you seen the models on the old Ohio Players albums who were bald? Mind Blowing to say the least! So obviously this aspect that you speak of is indeed a shallow one, sort of like a sister saying; "I only like men who are bald headed". Well darn, what does that say and mean for the brothers who have hair? I mean, your preference is your preference....but it ain't universal and don't hold any weight. Sort of like opinions, everybody got one....and your is welcome too. We just don't want to get "opinions and facts" mixed up.
    ----------------------

I agree with all you said KgMW Keita.

See how far off some people focus is. They sleep:qqb017:

HILY/A:SuN030:

10. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    We have defined sisters by their hair. We have been in trouble. I ask again is this a situation that has come to past by at least certain Blacks?