Black Entertainment : THE WOMAN KING

The enslaved are no longer with us

That argumentative Kem, but it'd be a digression to go there. Ya see, because I see the willing enslaved blithely walking around every day.
So if you will, I'll stick to the topic; The Woman King.

Here is what I found that imho is the most even handed review of the movie I've come across:

My personal choice is I would rather drop that Jackson into the lap of a homeless hopeless waste sleeping on the park bench than at the box office for the big chance of watching yet another blaxploitation film.
That is my personal choice and opinion. But then again I'm one of those pita's that expect something more than ahistorical white washed fiction dressed up in black and call it a good anything but what it is.....blaxploitation.
We can discuss why I consider it blaxploitation if ya like......but it has to be a discussion not the stonewalling that usually takes place.

That argumentative Kem, but it'd be a digression to go there. Ya see, because I see the willing enslaved blithely walking around every day.
So if you will, I'll stick to the topic; The Woman King.

Here is what I found that imho is the most even handed review of the movie I've come across:

My personal choice is I would rather drop that Jackson into the lap of a homeless hopeless waste sleeping on the park bench than at the box office for the big chance of watching yet another blaxploitation film.
That is my personal choice and opinion. But then again I'm one of those pita's that expect something more than ahistorical white washed fiction dressed up in black and call it a good anything but what it is.....blaxploitation.
We can discuss why I consider it blaxploitation if ya like......but it has to be a discussion not the stonewalling that usually takes place.

Talking about people being enslaved today is a digression.

I think we have all forgotten this is a movie. It is entertainment most of all. Expecting to hear "Lift Every Voice and Sing" being hummed in the background as many in here seem to want is foolish. Especially, in light of today's, we must place today's morals on yesterday's realities. I think we all need to take a step back and just see a decent movie, as many have

It is #1

A total flop: $50M in production cost. $19M sales -- under budget according to my math.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back