Black Entertainment : The Williams Sisters Get Thier Own Reality Show

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Ralfa'il, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    BURBANK, Calif. - Serena and Venus Williams will be starring in their version of a tennis reality show.

The sisters’ off-court lives — their family, friends and the glamour of big-time tennis — will be featured in a six-episode show that is still untitled but set to premiere on ABC Family in July.

“The series will provide our fans with an up-close, inside look at our lives away from the tennis courts,” Venus Williams said.

The sisters have won 11 major single titles between them and are competing at the Nasdaq-100 Open in Key Biscayne, Fla. Serena is ranked No. 4 in the world and Venus No. 9.
    Serena Williams said she and her sister welcome the chance to “branch out into a new medium.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7319300/#storyContinued

I've seen clips of the show, but the only part I remember was Serena in a bikini playing in the swimming pool.

All I can say is God is good....He really is.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    what do the Williams sisters know about reality?

3. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    :x: Is it me, or is Venus starting to look mighty proper as she matures?

James

I suppose growing up in South Central (Compton) L.A., and recently losing a sister to random violence has taught them much about the cold realities of life.

4. hotmissla

hotmissla Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I would actually like to see this..the sisters seem a little weird and not to socially sound..so it would be interesting to see how they live in the real world

5. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hotmissla how do they seem weird?

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    it's good to see them display how they live outside the tennis court
    i will tune in .................weird is Bobby Brown the Williams sistas
    no way near that .

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    If I may be so bold.

"Weird" is a result of being driven to be something more than what "typically" comes out of "the hood". Not to say that greatness doesn't come out of the community, not at all! But there is something definitely different about those of us that were driven to something "non traditional". Such would also contribute to a perception of not being "socially sound", i.e., quite different.

<shrug> To my newly acquired everlasting dread, I have only lived 3 out of 50 years in the community and I truly feel it right here in this Family. Unfortunately, while my parents moved us out of the community, my father still expected me to "maintain the status quo": "the man" was always right even when my personal experience showed that he/she/them/it wasn't. As such, he seemed to have sided more with them when I complained about not being allowed to stay in the books as hard as I wanted to and seemed disappointed in me that I was in no way at all interested in b-ball. (Although I actually think he wanted me to be a boxer: "Cassius Clay" was real big right about then.) It was really tricky trying to get him to understand that I didn't have to bring home homework to maintain my B+ average. Heck, I almost didn't even have to go to class; when I started skipping in high school, I still held on to that B+ just dropping in once in a while for a test or to get the "briefing" for any special reports. Always managed to finish homework before being dismissed from class or while skipping another class. And "extra credit" was something that I always did first. I can only wonder where I'd be today if they had made me work for grades.

Now I just watch and try to decode a lot of what y'all be saying. "Knowamsane?" That one took me a minute!! And it is just so weird to be in a group of Africans and have them look at me funny because of the way I put sentences together and the words that I use.

But I gotta be here because y'all is who I am ... even if I can't get a grip too often ... or often speak to that "different drummer" ... "no matter how far away". (I gotta remember where I buried that plaque the last time I moved. Thoreau, doncha know?)

Love and Much Peace. And Thank You for being here on the net so that I can reach out and feel some of what I've been missing!