destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
The White Priestess of Black Magic

Bent double by age, the high-priestess of Nigeria's Yoruba spirit-world shuffles forward from under the trees, reaching out a white, blotchy hand in welcome.

white_priestess.jpg

Mrs Wenger resurrected the traditions of the river-god Osun

Half a lifetime ago, Susanne Wenger dedicated herself to reviving the traditions of the pre-Christian Yoruba gods, "the orishas", and left Austria to make Nigeria her home.

The frail 94-year-old artist, with one seeing eye, has been a driving force in Osogbo town, where she is in charge of the sacred grove, a place where spirits of the river and trees are said to live.

white_priestess1.jpg

Maybe you can call Susanne our saviour

"Maybe you can call Susanne our saviour," says Mr Ajala, now the high-priest of Sango, the lightning-god.

"Was Christ an African? Muhammad was an Arabian. Why can't our saviour be European?"

white_priestess2.jpg

Susanne's knowledge of the behaviour and character of all the deities means she has actually become Yoruba now

"It's a disgrace to the Yoruba that the person who came to save our culture was a European," he says.

"But Susanne's knowledge of the behaviour and character of all the deities means she has actually become Yoruba now."

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

To hell with that! White people can't even access certain entities, so its impossible for them to "revive" a tradition. That's straight propaganda being perpetuated by westerners with strongholds in Nigeria.

African spirituality is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY dependent on one's bloodline ties to that tradition. There is NO WAY around that.

CHAOS

THE YORUBANS IN NIGERIA BEEN LETTING "OTHER" PEOPLE COME INTO THEIR PRIESTHOOD FOR YEARS, THAT WHY OTHER TRADITIONS BE LAUGHING AT THEM. I KNOW THE YORUBANS IN BAHIA BRAZIL KEEP THEIR TRADITIONS AND PRIESTHOOD BY LINEAGE.

That shiznit really pisses me off. The Ogboni council of Elders didn't contest this?

CHAOS

ALSO THE TITLE OF THE ARTICLE IS MISLEADING BECAUSE IT DONT SAY IF SHE WAS EVER INITIATED IN THE OSUN/OSHUN OR IS ACTUALLY A HIGH PRIESTESS. ALSO HOW CAN YOU REVIVE SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY THERE.I KNOW PRIESTESS OF OSHUN WHO WENT TO NIGERIA TO GET THEIR "HEAD" AND BEST BELIEVE ME THEY WOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN TOO KINDLY TO SEE A "WHITE" PERSON.ALSO SHE WOULD HAVE A NEW NAME IF SHE WAS INITIATED IN THE MYSTERIES OF OSHUN, SHE WOULDN'T BE CALLED MRS WENGER!!!

SHE JUST A PERSON WHO LIKE THE CULTURE AND DECIDED TO STAY AND SPREAD THE NEWS ABOUT IT, THATS IT

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back