Black People : The Web Site Where Only Black People Participate - Where Is It?

With all the tools that are available to do so now a days, why don't some of these people who want a racially pure website just start their own?

after re-reading this thread ... i found no links to such a site

but maybe those that want that ... will build that ... for as you say Brother Gorilla ... the tools are available

:heart:

Destee

Maybe it has something to do with your mission statement. The title of this particular thread says "Black People Open Forum". Black people. Not All People or white people.

As far as your other question is concerned, quite frankly, I don't know because its impossible to tell who is really who because alot of people are imposters.

I see where i liked your post, but didn't respond to it ... so i will now.

Yes, our community is all about Black People ... but that does not mean others are not welcome.

There seems to be this mentality, that if one is pro black, they are anti white ... or anti everyone else.

That's not how i feel, it's not how i operate, and it's not the kind of community i ever wanted to build.

I don't think i have to hate or exclude anyone, to love my own people, build a site centered around us.

Yes ... i agree that it's impossible to tell "who is who or what" on an open, public web site / forum.

In spite of this, folk will get all up in arms over ... "who they think someone is" ... never knowing.

It's a space i can't do anything with. I refuse to get sucked into it, pretending i know anyone's race.

This is why we manage based on the respect demonstrated, no matter what color one claims to be.

Love You!

Destee

I see where i liked your post, but didn't respond to it ... so i will now.

Yes, our community is all about Black People ... but that does not mean others are not welcome.

There seems to be this mentality, that if one is pro black, they are anti white ... or anti everyone else.

That's not how i feel, it's not how i operate, and it's not the kind of community i ever wanted to build.

I don't think i have to hate or exclude anyone, to love my own people, build a site centered around us.

Yes ... i agree that it's impossible to tell "who is who or what" on an open, public web site / forum.

In spite of this, folk will get all up in arms over ... "who they think someone is" ... never knowing.

It's a space i can't do anything with. I refuse to get sucked into it, pretending i know anyone's race.

This is why we manage based on the respect demonstrated, no matter what color one claims to be.

Love You!

Destee

I hear you. But who is it that is spreading the idea that to be pro black is anti white?

I hear you. But who is it that is spreading the idea that to be pro black is anti white?

i was responding to you ... you said ...

Maybe it has something to do with your mission statement. The title of this particular thread says "Black People Open Forum". Black people. Not All People or white people.

which led me to say ... pro black does not mean anti white ... or anti anyone else.

so .... it's unfortunate if some see "Black People Open Forum" and think others are not allowed.

that's not the case, and it never has been

Destee

Additionally Family ... i don't want to operate like our oppressors have done.

I don't want to become them. I don't want to treat people the way they have treated people.

I think that is one of our greatest challenges to overcome, taking on their demented behaviors.

It's not what i want to do. I don't like it in them, so why would i allow it in me. I see no reason for that.

I don't want a heart ugly like that. I don't want to mistreat anyone, or see them mistreated on my watch.

That goes for anyone that may darken our door step ... they will be treated respectfully.

It's how i live ... not just here at destee ... but everywhere.

If yall wanna live some other kinda way ... help yourself ... but i want no part of it.

I certainly won't lend my time, energy and resources to building and maintaining such a place.

Yall are gonna hafta build that one without me ... i see no good in doing what they do ... none at all.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back