Black People : The Web Site Where Only Black People Participate - Where Is It?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've been with destee.com for 16 years, and i've often heard this place mentioned ... a place where only black people participate ... yet i've never seen it.

During the course of building destee, i've thot of that avenue, but it was gone before we even got started ... not to my dismay, but to my delight ... for there were some wonderful white Members in our founding group, one of which is still active occasionally even today. One who hasn't been home for years, but i think of often, an absolutely wonderfully sweet Sister (i think she was in holland, netherlands, or sump'n).

I can't ignore that they were a supporting (yes, financially) part of our humble beginnings, and likewise, the same has been sprinkled throughout all of our years. It's just the truth, a reality, so i'm often left in confuzzlement ... when folk talk about this place ... us ... destee.com ... as being "that utopian paradise of black only participation" ... it's never been that way here. Yes, black folk have helped the most, are here the most, but it aint just been us yall.

Additionally, i don't see why folk expect us, me, this community, to be what aint no where else in the world.

Nonetheless ... i keep hearing of this place, and am beginning to wonder, maybe it does exist.

Where is the place that only black people participate ... what web site ... and how do they verify race?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204

I hear and understand your confuzzalement. We want to run our mouths, run other races away and give little support money wise. I know that whites will support if they're interested in being a part and involved.

How nice that you remember so fondly your friend. I'm sure you miss her input and support.

Love and Hugs

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I've been on a few site like this, but it was that way because whites were banned right off the bat. Or told that they were not welcome, so don't bother signing up. I think when people say this, it's because 99.9999% of the time, blacks are on here. Your perspective is different than ours. Case in point, I didn't know whites helped in creating this site. I know when I speak of this site, I say black, and leave it at that. I really don't think about the one or two whites that are on here.
    :grouphug:

Peace!

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I agree with this. IMO, all names should be green. (I want red...But I'm too much trouble LOL)

But it's about support, and you have members that don't have their names black, and running off folks that want to contribute. To be honest, say what you will about WWM, at least he because a member right off the bat when the suggestion was put to him.

Peace!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

I contend there's no way for a site to achieve such a claim ... in real life ... they couldn't prove it.

I've seen black folk register as a "white person" ... just to stir the pot ... rile folk up ... and it works.

I've seen white folk register as a "black person" ... so they could hang out wit da homies ... and it worked.

Yes ... i count every Member individually ... it's weird, especially considering the numbers we have, but i do.

I count each one ... their help ... their support ... their contribution ... everything ... i take it almost personal.

So i remember the few white folk who have helped us ... paid $10.00 ... when the many black folk wouldn't.

I remember that ... i count it ... i count everything ... least wise i try to ... :)

Which keeps me from saying ... this is a black only community ... we're not that, and never have been.

Love You!

Destee

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I was thinking of this when i made the post, but I just excluded it. But I see where you are coming from, and you are right, 100%

I know you may skin me for saying this, because I know you don't push. But all names should be green. It's 10 dollars, and it's supporting us. I've seen many post saying what they are going to buy, go and see, get done,etc. All of these things cost more than than $10, and it's going into the pocket of the very people they discuss on a daily bases. And you look, and their name is black????? And like i said earlier, people can say what they want about WWM, but he became a member when you asked him to, right off the bat...."and dat da truth ruth"...:lol:

Luv ya sista:luv:

Peace!

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

yeah ... it would be really kewl if most helped financially ... but ... it's never been that way here either.

aannnddd ... i didn't ask workingwhiteman to become premium ... he did that of his own volition.

which is how i like for it to be done ... it's way beautiful that way ... folk doin what's in their heart ... :love:

Love You!

Destee

8. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    If it wasn't you, I knew it was some body because I read the post. But the main point is support, in which you know you have mine.

:grouphug:

Peace!

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i do wish that when people come here to put black people down that they would be banned…..no matter what color they are

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Then this place would be empty brutha....LOL

We all have a negative comment about something in our race.

Peace!