Black People : The way things work

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by DeepSistaSoul, Apr 8, 2002.

1. DeepSistaSoul

DeepSistaSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I know that I have made many many mistakes in all the seventeen years of my life. As a recent high school drop-out, I am now getting my life back on track, and heading off to college. Even though It was never my intention to be a drop-out, **** happens. It was either drop-out and get a diploma some other time, or let my mother stay in a hospital by herself, and never know what the doctors were saying about her condition. So I did what I could do stop school, and tend to someone who had given up everything she had so I could have a better life. God has brought me through that time and above it as well.

The point of this article is not my misfortune, but the The way life works out. It is very sad, to see my school mates, and old high school buddies carrying babies on their hip, and about to drop another one. or that quiet girl from science class standing on the corner car hopping for a nights thrill. Also it is a surprise that the kid everybody made fun of is now in the army fighting for the country, and gaining his resecpt. Remember the kid who nobody played with at recess, well call him Mr. GQ because now he is on all the ladies hit list.

Pregnancy, drug addicts, jail birds, corner thrills----These are the cheerleaders, and the Ms. Populars who everyone voted for as class president. The ones who downed the less popular and not as sought after girsl. Well look at us now only a couple of years later, and I am still that outspoken, straight faced girl from Louisiana, I may have dropped- out of high school, but I am college bound, with success stamped on my forehead.

You know it is ironic and oh so strange the way things work out.

Who would have ever known that the popular cheerleader from junior high would have two kids, and a baby on the way. Or the class president from high school with the long hair and light brown eyes who had guys knocking at her door, would be in jail for theft. Or that loud mouth know it all from bus 189 would be dead from a bullet wound in the chest. That's just the way life goes, like forest gump said. life is like a box of chocolates-----you never know what you are going to get.

so as I close I say be careful how you treat others, because the ones you look down on might just be the ones you have to fall on.

The deepest of them all

Deepsistasoul

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    indeed never burn da bridge u cross coz u never know when u
    will need to cross back ova ..............yes sistah we all make
    mistakes but some of us come back to reality and learn as
    others get lost in da myth of da street life of self destruction

3. DeepSistaSoul

Ratings:
    +0
    Well god has blessed you, and I am glad that you have been abundantly blessed as you have. But now It is my turn, to stand on my two feet and get out there and face the world.

The deepest of them all
    deepsistasoul

4. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
    Interesting perception... I too have seen that. Veladictorian... get a full scholarship to Hampton University... Hookup with her Highschool sweet heart(of course the BasketBall Start). Gets kicked out due to writing bad checks (for him)with his kid on the way. Their is many visuals I can recall. But that was highschool... When a child is still a child but simply thinks their grown. Already wrapped up in wordly things thinking they are the shiznit!!! Me... I didn't even like my school.. Watch all my friends in school from elementary to highschool divide. Based on their actions.. their morals.. and simply their wants. Having fun and being young. They just made their mistakes earlier than you and I did. Their parents didn't give them that different direction... Or it could be that the direction was so strong they turned away from it. I was a rebellious child but did what I was told. Which means, i had an answer for everything and a question behind every response. But nevertheless, i wouldn't let a boy step through my house unless it was through the front door. I wouldn't get out my bed in the middle of the night to sneak out a window. I show nuff didn't go to the little club with all my other highschool friends after the school dance or Football game for that matter. And i got my first car when i was 15. Self Identity and Individuality.... just say that we found that before they did. Lets just say we didn't by into all that peer pressure. Cause that valedictorian studied with me... we hung out at the same lunch table. That football player rode my bus. I knew all the popular kids and hung out with them... but only to a degree. My friends, which were practically a whole school.. I made no enemies for they owed me nothing.. except one.. but that was her fault... due to her own wrong doings..oh well but anyways :) we grew up. and some of them still aren't friends.. still thinking about the what we did back in highschool. I saw friends of over 5 years... get in fight over rude comments made after highschool when they were all off to college.. just coming home for the holidays. What beef was needed their.. why was their even a braul.. and the sad thing about it.. At the time.. It was all of us who was getting together for a late dinner after a game talking about their here and now.. Just a few weren't invited... No its got nothing to do with the way a child treats a child while they are still a child trying to become an adult... For in that process they will grow and learn.. and pray that they will teach their child not to do as they did for highschool is just phase.. a stage.. that one goes through to legally call themselves making a step into the real world. But then.. you step into the real world.... You understand what i'm saying...

5. shaneak

United States
    Ratings:
    +7
    By the way!!! Congratulations, I am glad to know that the Lord has helped you climb over one of your humps in Life. Made you stronger and a better person. Lets pray that the Lord may help those of our past get over their humps to become better people for their children and their country....

6. DeepSistaSoul

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes sister this is true, I will say this, I believe in success, I am young, but that dosen't mean that I can't try to be all I can right now in life---you know why wait until I am **** near thirty to start trying to be succesful. And thanks, you are a very inspiring person. You have really let me see that someone else sees the situation the way I do.

The deepest of them all
    DEEPSISTASOUL

7. shaneak

United States
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well I'm glad I could help.. I thought you might need a clearer answer... ;) Stay strong and keep the faith!!! And you will succeed...

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    be all u can be take it in stride walk proud u r
    on ya way up!!!! keep movin sweetie