Black People : The "War on Terror" gets taken to AFRICA.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by I-khan, Mar 7, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    The EastAfrican (Kenya), by Kevin J. Kelley
    March 2, 2006

East Africa could be the site of lightning strikes by US special forces and aerial drone weapons in coming years as part of what the Pentagon is terming “the long war” against Islamist militants.

The Horn is specifically cited in the recently completed Quadrennial Defence Review as one of the global regions of growing concern to US strategists.

The long war is to be fought not only in current conflict zones such as Iraq and Afghanistan but rather in \”large swathes of the world,\” a Pentagon official said while outlining the new US strategic plan. \”We are engaged in things in the Philippines and in the Horn of Africa. There are issues in the pan-Sahel region of north Africa,\” the official noted.

The US military is also putting increasing emphasis on civic affairs teams of the type that have been carrying out infrastructure improvements in Kenyan coastal communities close to the border with Somalia.

The quadrennial review refers to the US military base in Djibouti as \”a prime example of distributed operations and economy of force\” that American defence planners seek to replicate in the coming years. It is from the Djibouti base, established following the 2001 attacks on the US, that the American Combined Joint Task Force - Horn of Africa dispatches military units to help patrol Kenya’s land and sea borders. Civic affairs teams are also trained in Djibouti for their work in Kenya.

\”Military, civilian and allied personnel work together to provide security training and to perform public works and medical assistance projects, demonstrating the benefits of unity of effort,\” the defence review says in regard to the Djibouti-based operations.

\”Steps toward more effective host nation governance have improved local conditions and set the stage to minimise tribal, ethnic and religious conflict, decreasing the possibility of failed states or ungoverned spaces in which terrorist extremists can more easily operate or take shelter.\”

US strategy in the long war also involves increased reliance on friendly forces that are to be trained in counterinsurgency and reconnaissance by a newly created 2,600-member US Marine Corps unit. Kenyan troops have already been receiving training of this sort. Pentagon planners strongly imply they hope to expand such co-operative initiatives.

\”We realise that in almost all circumstances, others will be able to do the job less expensively than we can, because we tend to have a very cost-intensive force,\” Pentagon policy official Ryan Henry said at a press briefing last week.

\”But many times they\’ll be able to do it more effectively too because they\’ll understand the local language, the local customs, they\’ll be culturally adept and be able to get things accomplished that we can\’t. So building a partnership capability is a critical lesson learned.\”

But those plans could be thwarted in the case of Kenya by a US law that mandates sharp cuts in military aid to countries that have refused to sign bilateral agreements shielding American personnel from prosecution through the International Criminal Court. President George W. Bush’s budget proposals for the coming fiscal year include such reductions in military training and weapons-procurement assistance for Kenya because it has not entered into a so-called Article 98 agreement with the US.

The Defence Department is also signalling its intention to carry out unilateral quick strikes it deems necessary in fighting the long war. A proposed 15 per cent increase in special operations forces and the addition of hundreds of drone weapons suggest that the US will continue to launch pre-emptive attacks on targets in countries where militant Islamists may pose threats to US interests.

New close-to-shore, high-speed naval capabilities projected in the Pentagon’s planning document would likely be used in anti-piracy operations already being undertaken by US forces along the coasts of Kenya and Somalia.

Tanzania and Somalia are also seen, along with Kenya, as vulnerable to infiltration by Al Qaeda elements. The US could thus decide to strike suspected Al Qaeda elements in East Africa with Predator drones of the sort used in just such an attack that killed six people as they were riding in a vehicle in Yemen in 2002.

US and allied strategic thinking regarding Africa was articulated last week by British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw while on a visit to Nigeria. \”The terrorist threat to and from Africa is likely to grow in the next 10 years,\” Straw said.

US strategy in the long war also involves increased reliance on friendly forces that are to be trained in counterinsurgency and reconnaissance by a newly created 2,600-member US Marine Corps unit.

Source: Email from Norwegan Council for Africa

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

they are already in AFRICA........................& have been for some time!~

3. Dark_Energy

Dark_Energy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    If there is terrorism or harboring of terrorist elements in Africa then they can best believe they are going to get handled by the Americans in due time....

4. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    You sure you are alright buddy? I know Friday nights can be heavy on the liver just remember to give your keys to a trusted friend to drive you home.

5. Dark_Energy

Ratings:
    +0
    There are people out here that don't give a **** because I am Black.They just know that I am American and they would want to kill me for my nationality.These cowardly radical ****lamist terrorists need to be smoked out wherever they are....

6. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Dark Energy

This is true.

Are you sure.When these people shout "Down with America" do you think they are refferring to you in particular or the American Government?They kill innocent people by accepting the generalizations of people in america that come along with propagandathey may have made.The American government has tried and is probably still trying to kill blacks in the country.HAve you ever heard of COINTELPRO,The Tuskeegee Experiment,the Georgia Experiment,etc.

They need to be taken into custody and questioned so that the American Government can find their "leader",Bin laden. Also,various people in the American government needs to "smoked out" for what they did and are doing to black people in the country.

7. Dark_Energy

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep

Quote:
    There are people out here that don't give a **** because I am Black. DARK ENERGY

This is true.

Quote:
    They just know that I am American and they would want to kill me for my nationality. DARK ENERGY

Are you sure.When these people shout "Down with America" do you think they are refferring to you in particular or the American Government?They kill innocent people by accepting the generalizations of people in america that come along with propagandathey may have made.The American government has tried and is probably still trying to kill blacks in the country.HAve you ever heard of COINTELPRO,The Tuskeegee Experiment,the Georgia Experiment,etc.

You need to move on.The people that are really killing Black people are other Black people in this day and age.Two little Black girls have been killed in my city in two days by other Black people spraying AK 47's and Tec 9's in innocent people's home. DARK ENERGY

Quote:
    These cowardly radical ****lamist terrorists need to be smoked out wherever they are.... DARK ENERGY

They need to be taken into custody and questioned so that the American Government can find their "leader",Bin laden. Also,various people in the American government needs to "smoked out" for what they did and are doing to black people in the country.

You need to stop whining and take control of our collective destiny.As long as we have pity pot negros like you whining waiting on the government to stop Black people from killing each other then the murder of our children will not stop.Stand up and be a man,Baby Boy....DARK ENERGY

8. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    DArk Energy

Whining,who is whining? If I was whining I would not be making a point,I would just be saying some things that are not based on fact but rather fiction,and everything I said was based on fact.I have already taken control of our collective destiny,but if nobody else tries,than it would not be that "collective" would it.

A pity pot negro,you accuse me of "whining" like a child and then call me names like a child,how original.

From what,various facts?

True,we always here about us killing each other,but is that no different from any other people on this planet.Did you know that white people in Europe operate the biggest modern day slave (for sex mostly) trade in that country.What makes it the biggest is that it is instutionalized and not sanctioned by religion,like in Mauretania.

That is terrible,it does destroy us ,in a sense, but people who would do such things are bound to die by similiar means if they do not change.

Waiting on the government to stop us from killing each other? Who said I was waiting?Where did I imply I was hoping for such a thing to occur?The point of my original response was to point out that the governments actions do not reflect many people's opinions and wants,even though the terrorists kill innocent people,think about the real target,the USA's government.The government of America would encourage us to kill each other,I recently broke up a fight between to freinds of mine aand had them re-evaluate why they were fighting,in the end it all worked out,perhaps you should start a foundation and try to make as many changes as you can to help us instead of criticizing someone who states their own opinion.

The murder of our children,by who.WE have fought amongst each other since we came into existence in Afrika via ethnic wars,indeed the violence has gotten out of hand,but nothing is perfect,which includes societies that are centered around oneness and unity.

You would call me a "pity pot negro", calling names is childish,maybe you should stand up and be a man?

9. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Dark Energy,

In the end,the one thing that will continue to divide us,in terms of our progress,is the fact that some of us pull each other down,and not push each other up.You seemed to have taken my remarks as an affront to your perspective,which they were not,only the other side of the coin,the side that does not show us killing each other but being killed by others.Indeed we need to stop killing each other before we can stop the rest of the world for killing us,but what is needed with all of us is a sense of unity.Not the unity that takes away the individual aspects of character but the unity that makes us realize we need each other,differences and all,more than we would like to imagine.Also,the people who would hate to see our unity,interms of progress,love to capitalize on such a division between people.