Black Authors : The Wannsee Conference..

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Zulile, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    ..and the Final Solution by Mark Roseman

I am actually looking for the DVD "The Wannsee Conference" but it is proving very difficult to find in my neck of the woods - but I did come across this book. I am looking for feedback from those who have read it - and if the value is the same as watching the DVD - I'm wary to choose, as I know little about the topic to begin with..

the books intro:
    On January 20, 1942, in a grand villa on the shore of Berlin’ s Lake Wannsee, a conference of Nazi officers produced a paper known as the “ Wannsee Protocol, ” which laid the groundwork for a “ final solution to the Jewish Question.” This Protocol has always mystified us. How should we understand this calm, business-like discussion of holocaust? And why was the meeting necessary? Hundreds of thousands of Jews had already been shot by squads in Russia or gassed in the camp at Chelmno. Mark Roseman seeks to unravel this double mystery and explain how it was that on a snowy day, fifteen well-educated young men met to talk murder.

2. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    The Wannsee Protocol

IV.
    In the course of the final solution plans, the Nuremberg Laws should provide a certain foundation, in which a prerequisite for the absolute solution of the problem is also the solution to the problem of mixed marriages and persons of mixed blood.
    The Chief of the Security Police and the SD discusses the following points, at first theoretically, in regard to a letter from the chief of the Reich chancellery:
    1) Treatment of Persons of Mixed Blood of the First Degree
    Persons of mixed blood of the first degree will, as regards the final solution of the Jewish question, be treated as Jews.
    From this treatment the following exceptions will be made:
    a) Persons of mixed blood of the first degree married to persons of German blood if their marriage has resulted in children (persons of mixed blood of the second degree). These persons of mixed blood of the second degree are to be treated essentially as Germans.
    b) Persons of mixed blood of the first degree, for whom the highest offices of the Party and State have already issued exemption permits in any sphere of life. Each individual case must be examined, and it is not ruled out that the decision may be made to the detriment of the person of mixed blood.
    The prerequisite for any exemption must always be the personal merit of the person of mixed blood. (Not the merit of the parent or spouse of German blood.)
    Persons of mixed blood of the first degree who are exempted from evacuation will be sterilized in order to prevent any offspring and to eliminate the problem of persons of mixed blood once and for all. Such sterilization will be voluntary. But it is required to remain in the Reich. The sterilized "person of mixed blood" is thereafter free of all restrictions to which he was previously subjected...

(Isnt it interesting how they speak of Jews as a "race", mixed blood, etc., when Judaism is a religion?)

Click here for: The Wannsee Protocol

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Thank you, oldsoul.

You may know why I'm looking for this film - I have just started the book The Isis Papers by Dr Frances Cress Welsing - and in her intro she strongly suggests that all who discuss and/or question the global system of racism/white supremacy needs to do two things:

1. read Racial Matters: the FBI's Secret File on Black America, 1960 - 1972. (Kenneth O'Reilley)
    2. view The Wannsee Conference

both which clearly demonstrate the lengths and depths white governments go to while planning the destruction of all "non-white" people.

The book has been ordered - and although not imperative that I see the film, I'd like to - even more so now that it's hard to find! I feel the book I mentioned above may go off in tangents not particularily relevant to what I'm hoping to learn - thus the Q.

Thanks for the informative link! :heart:

Your #1 fan ;)
    Zulile