Black Entertainment : The Walking Dead Thread

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Kemetstry, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,594
    [​IMG]
    © AMC / 'The Walking Dead'
    'Walking Dead' finally kills someone big
    Dec. 2, 2013, 8:37 AM EST
    By Tim Molloy
    TheWrap
    (quote alert: Don't read this if you don't want to know what happened on Sunday's midseason finale.)
    After a season of introducing characters just to kill them, "The Walking Dead" finally killed some major players Sunday. It wasn't pretty in any sense.
    Hershel Greene, the kindly farmer who joined the show in Season 2, was decapitated by The Governor, using Michonne's sword, in a slaying that set off lots of other carnage.
    Michonne later recovered her blade and drove it through The Governor's chest, and Lily appeared to shoot him. But given his Rasputin-like knack for coming back, the fact that we didn't see him die, and the ridiculousness of "The Walking Dead" of late, I'm only 99.9 percent sure he's gone.
    Baby Judith, meanwhile, also seems 99.9 percent likely to be dead. Horrible. Horrible.
    And what of Meghan, the sweet girl The Governor pledged to keep alive? She died, Penny-like, by The Governor's own gun, after she was bitten by a mud monster. (Yeah, a mud monster. The show does still have its moments.)
    All in all, Sunday's midseason finale provided a truly depressing end to the first half of the show's fourth season. Also, we live in a country where the most popular scripted show on TV featured an infant apparently getting eaten alive.

2. KMeister

KMeister Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +242
    I don't watch any zombie-related stuff. Just too scary for me...

KM

3. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,594

It's a cool show

4. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,594
    [​IMG]
    © AMC / 'The Walking Dead'
    Ratings: 'Walking Dead' sets finale record
    March 31, 2014, 2:06 PM EST
    By Tim Molloy
    TheWrap
    "'Walking Dead': 5 Very Symbolic Things Rick Did This Season
    The fourth season of "The Walking Dead" set a new viewership record for the series, averaging 13.3 million live/same day viewers per episode and 8.6 million adults 18 to 49. That was a 24 percent increase over Season 3 in total viewers, and a 22 increase in they key demographic.
    "The Walking Dead" appears very much on track to remain television's top-rated scripted series.
    More: 'Walking Dead': 5 very symbolic things Rick did this season
    "The linear television business is Dead and well," said Charlie Collier, AMC president. "Thanks to Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple, the other terrific executive producers and the entire cast, crew and network for working together to bring the fans (myself included) another unforgettable season of 'The Walking Dead.' To see this show serve as the centerpiece of a truly historic night on AMC is truly gratifying. So many played a role in this success, across all three shows, in giving the fans a reason to continue to return in ever-greater numbers. And so we say, until next fall, 'Welcome to Terminus.'"

5. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,594
    OMG! They killed Beth!

6. Inanna

Inanna Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +125
    Omg I Know! ! I cried for her and out of shock, then mostly for Maggie because I knew she was going to find her and she was so happy thinking she was okay :(

7. Inanna

United States
    Ratings:
    +125
    What do you think about what Keegan said on Talking Dead, about Gabriel? Should they leave him?

I think he's going to sacrifice himself for the group in some way, but that's wishful thinking. He's so guilt ridden he has to do something, IMO. But, does anyone read the comics, what's his story there, I wonder?

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,594

Gabriel is a liability. He's afraid of his own shadow. He keeps running off and then panics when confronted by the walkers. He will end up getting others killed.

9. Inanna

United States
    Ratings:
    +125
    I think that makes the most sense, in real life, he's a liability, but it's tv show, and Carol was a liability too, even More so cause she had a child and she was already abused, but look at Carol now. I don't think they'll keep him, he's gonna die. But maybe, his death will save them, saving him, since everyone so convinced he'll "burn for this."

But we'll see :)

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,594

Carol was part of the original group. They have too much water under the bridge to keep him around. They cant wait for him to get it together. Too many deaths