Black People : The untold story: whites and welfare

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tyab14, Aug 20, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    I know this old, but what yah'll think.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n10_v50/ai_17361016

It has become almost acceptable to characterize welfare recipients as irresponsible, negligent baby-breeders on a free ride, courtesy of the taxpaying public. Popular portrayals are of mothers dependent on the government for support, who breed babies for the sole purpose of collecting undeserved welfare checks. And what is implied--if not overtly expressed--by social scientists, politicians, the media, and many Americans is that the vast majority of these women are Black.

"It's clear that welfare has a Black face," says Dr. Mary Frances Berry, chairperson of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. "Whenever you see television or news shows about welfare, only occasionally will they show someone who is not African-American," she says. "The assumption is that when you speak of welfare, you're speaking of Black people."

Most Popular
    3 Questions No Job Seeker Ever Wants To Be Asked?
    Today's Best Part-Time Jobs
    Eight Major Job Trends For 2008
    5 Regular Mistakes In Public Speaking
    10 Jobs That Pay $30 An Hour The facts, however, reveal an entirely different picture that underscores the difference between the rhetoric that would have one believe that most welfare recipients are Black and the reality that the majority of them are White. "I think welfare and crime are two of what I call 'racially loaded' issues," says Dr. Ronald Walters, chairman of the political science department at Howard University. "The social function that they perform is that they give people a way to talk about race without actually articulating the concept. It's a way of talking about Black people without actually saying 'those Black people.'"

Racist attitudes notwithstanding, it is a matter of record that White mothers receive more than half of the checks distributed under the auspices of the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program--55.2 percent, compared to 39.2 percent received by Blacks. Additionally, the U.S. Census Bureau reported in February that during an average month in 1990, 61 percent of major assistance program participants were White, compared to 34 percent who were African-American.

2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    that is who this system is set up for we just wanted some of the share to. These are the people"red states" whom the best programming on they must are the ones whom be live whole heartedly in the american gov. hotep

3. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    my moms worked for the state for 20 years givin out food stamps, welfare, etc. and she always let me and my sister know growing up, that white people were the primary recipients of welfare, so I never fell in the trap of the "hype" put out there................I remember telling a guy I work with a few years back, that it was white people taking up much of the welfare and he was shocked.......

4. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    now you know why no body wants to entertain this white supremacy crap no mo dear brotha. They aint all that smart. They are getting a lot of help around the world from folk who look like u and me. Every body black aint for black people. it is time to accept that fact and move on. hotep

5. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I agree....ain't no white person supreme over me......

6. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    True that bro, its interesting because we always take the Welsing theory and talk about white supremacy, the benefactors and everything, and the average white person really ain't doing nothing or has little to no power. Even their white skin these days at the level some are at means nothing. Some serious mind control going on here.

7. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    lol, Yeah when I tell people about the so called statistics of it they look get confused.

Check this out: http://www.truthonrace.com/thebiglie2.html

The Big Lie: "If those lazy blacks would just get a job, we wouldn't have a welfare problem."

In his first campaign for president in 1980, Ronald Reagan obtained a snapshot of a black female, with a long history of welfare fraud. Reagan dubbed her the "Welfare Queen." And his campaign portrayed her as the poster girl for "Blacks." His shrewd political propaganda labeled the democrats as bleeding-heart liberals, pro-Black, and pro-Welfare. Big Government entitlement programs would result in skyrocketing taxes paid for out of the hard-earned paychecks of working white men and women.

The Whole Truth: During the Reagan/Bush years there were 12,162,000 Blacks on welfare, and 26,319,000 Whites on welfare. Similarly, while there were 7,169,000 Whites unemployed during that period, the number of Blacks unemployed was 2,016,000. Traditionally, in this country, Americans will share their last piece of bread with a stranger, if they believe him to be truly needy; but they have total disdain for a deadbeat. This is a core value, commonly held by blacks and whites. Reagan and his "Welfare Queen," co-opted and exploited this core value and portrayed "deadbeat," as a stereotypical of all blacks.

8. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    excellant observation brother tyab thanx for that.

9. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

WELFARE IS GREAT IN MY EYES. LOOK AT THE BAILOUT OF THE AIRLINES, LOOK AT THE SAVING AND LOANS CRISIS,LOOK AT THE WELFARE TO SAVE CHRYSLER IN THE 80'S. IF THEY GIVING OUT, GO GET IT. I WOULD TAKE A EBT AND WELFARE RIGHT NOW.

10. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    currently waiting on my check now! oh yeah that's next week lol! hotep