Black People : The Unity of The Black Bourgeoisie

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MANASIAC, Dec 22, 2005.

1. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hello Folks.

After doing some careful analysis (Over the last 5 years), I have notice that the Black Upper class are a very united group.

I notice that they participate with each other via commerce, and other things (a small form of pan-africanism).

The only problem of course that they have is exclusion, but outside of that, these people are sort of working model of Black Unity. It amazes me how many of these people I meet who never inter-racially date let alone marry.

I will never forget about how I met this quote un quote Oreo and he told "I am so tired of Black Men claiming to be for our people when they date white women" I was taken aback, I had to even examine myself, because the reality was, that even I had dated more white women in my life than this so called Oreo.

And when talking to Upper Class Black Women, I never hear them mention a shortage of Black Men, the ones I meet or either married or dating a Black Man. I only hear that from the Black Middle Class Female really.

Any thoughts on these ideals, they are just opinions not facts.

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I think most of the couples in the Black Upper Class married before the money was earned. She stuck by him, encouraged him, believed in him...knowing that one day they will be there...reach their goals. And vice versa.

The idea that "good things do come to those who wait" and "patience is a virtue" is something rarely practiced by either women or men.

But, those couples in the Black Upper Class have been together for a minute. Not all of them...but most of them I would guess.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

Brother Manasiac, yes, there may be unity among the upper crust of African Americans among themselves, but I don't see it expressed as solidarity with us PO' Folks...(smile!) Remember Dr. Bill Cosby, and the response of laughter and guffawing he got on his tour from these folks???

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    That is a good Point Brother I, but I was mainly talking about how they stick together (If you noticed they stuck together on that issue too)

5. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    This is an interesting perspective Brother Money.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Maybe some of my family are more 'Upper Class' (black professional and entreprenueral) than I thought because I have made this observation as well

"And when talking to Upper Class Black Women, I never hear them mention a shortage of Black Men, the ones I meet or either married or dating a Black Man."

As some folks know, I question this entire notion of the Black man shortage...

It does appear to be more of a "class" issue among the "Black poor"...(ducking the bricks some gonna throw my way)..lol..

7. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Brother I Defintely feel it is a class issue. (So I am preparing for the stones to be thrown at me too).

I also think the Black Man Shortage thing is a myth as well, I believe what the Black Middle Class FEmale is saying is that she cannot find a Black Man who makes as much money as her. A lot of Black Women miss out on good men simply because of income level, income level does not determine a man, it only tells your debt to income ratio.

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    LOL@ Mansiac... True Dat, Bruh!(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    LOL - Yea Brother Isaiah, it is sad to say but they stick together thru thick and thin.

10. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61

You know I wouldn't say it sad- it's positive in many ways.

One thing you'll notice is that they don't spend all their time blaming white people and many of them feel open contempt for those of "US" who don't apply themselves.

The ironic part is that even though you won't find them at too many Kwanzaa celebrations or spouting Francis Cress Welsing - you will find them spending money with other black professionals or giving to black organizations (more than the so-called Afrikan-centered sect will).

I've even seen it on this site - those hollering the loudest about black this and African that are reluctant to lift a finger when it comes to actually doing something.

Black boogies largely got where they are due to their own work and commitment to excellence.

I think other groups within our community should take note - we aren't going to solve anything spending 12 hours of every day justifying a victim status.

Black boogie's get it - talk is cheap.