Libya : The United States of Africa with Libya's Khadafy as president

Peace Sunship, NNQueen, Pan Africa, Chukwuemeka and all.....

His views as concerns blacks [which I would wager, are far worse than he is letting on since he is and was aware that he would be making his work available to the general public - in which blacks are to be found] are telling and are indicative of an Africa with he in the Presidency where Africans would fare no better at the very best.

Even though he does later go on to refer to all humans as 'backward', it is the reasons he gives for blacks being backward that almost prevented me from finishing.

To be found within that section on blacks [regardless of its title] is a core system of belief that blacks are inferior on at least one level and possibly more, if others who have held similar views are anything to go by, I get the sense that those sentiments are restrained.

The content of the text relative to the length contained in that one section, is also telling.

"Blacks...well they sure can procreate and well, lets face it, they're a little lazy arent they"

al-Qadhafi has shown himself to be a person who will work with Europeans and the U.S as and when it suits him and his policy towards Africans immigrants in Libya, seem to me to be a way of appeasing Libyans who believe that Africans are to blame for the socio economic problems even though, as usual, the problems [given closer scrutiny] find their roots in rampant corruption, mismanagement of resources, and severe restrictions on Libyan political and social freedom.

Plus he has supported attempts to destabilise some African countries in the past and now here he is supporting an African Union after failing to bring about an Arab version.
In short, he will abandon Africans at the drop of a hat if it so suits his efforts in gaining international respectability.

Plus, I do not agree with his views concerning women, which I believe are in themselves, 'coercive' and restricting, in that they take into account only the fact that a woman was born a woman with the ability to carry a child and not a woman with an individual mind of her own who may genuinely wish feel it is 'her place' to do other things.

I do agree with his views on the definition and implementation of true democracy however, but Africans should do their own thing and trust noone.

We should get used to the fact that noone wants what is best for us, but us.

The subconscious mind serves as our personal computer. It acts as a data storage, retrieval system, and memory bank, which takes in and permanently stores everything we experience. Unfortunately for most of us, most of the information stored in our subconscious mind amounts to negative programming or conditioning. Between seventy and eighty percent of the information we've received during our life is negative. Researchers estimate that the average child in America receives twenty negative messages from his parents for each positive, reassuring one!

The collective African subconscious mind is so littered with negativity as regards the group that in that respect, we can only list the problems and why it will never work.

I think blacks as a people suffer from a form of mass derealization where we focus predominately on our thoughts and imaginations and not the reality of the situation.

Look around you, you'll see black professionals specializing in a myriad of fields, that is the reality of the situation as it pertains to our ability to solve problems.

In my humble opinion, blacks are just as capable as anyone else at solving problems, there exist blacks doctors, engineers etc whose jobs require the finding of solutions to very complex problems.

The question in my opinion is not whether we can solve problems [we can or they'd be no black doctors etc] but rather, why can't we transfer or apply what it is we are capable of as individuals to our efforts as a group of people.

It is a huge job in itself [although, technology has made and is continuing to make it easier] to convince a group of people as large and as widespread as we are that we are basically good for nothing or very little [sports, music, fashion inspiration].

I think blacks today are a reflection of what is portayed in the media, most televsion shows and movies only depict successful blacks in an individualist light and this has contributed heavily to a continued inability to move forward as a group.

You see this in all the popular forms of visual media, blacks out for themselves, so that is what we are capable of, those images, that programming is stored within our subliminal minds.

One way in which blacks could go about overcoming this self destructive habit of favouring anything that originates from outside our communities rather than within [conditioning designed to prevent blacks from competing as a group] is first to ask how is this dysfuntional mode of thought maintained and emphasised on a mass scale by those with a vested interest, and then use that exact strategy in effecting change.

I think we must recondition, reprogramme our minds first before we can move forward.

Mass distribution of that kind of information, positive or negative is achieved via mass media [newspapers, televsion, radio, hollywood etc] and I believe that is where blacks should concentrate some of their efforts in instilling a new [or rather, older] way of viewing ourselves in relation to others and in substituting black individualism for a black collective mentality.

As pointed out by Pan Africa, there would exist no competition in that material on offer to blacks by the mainstream media is [as I said] by and large, malicious in it portrayal of us, which goes to this continued psychological regression we as a group of people [African] suffer from.

And there'd be a huge market for it, not just necessarily black, since by its content, it would be a unique experience for blacks [on this scale] and anyone else who would be interested in looking deeper into what it really means to be an African.
Even if rival competition were to eventually surface, it would still have to run along the same philosophical lines as black owned mass media otherwise blacks, being aware of an alternative source in information, entertainment, education and point of view about themselves, would not support it.

But that is an unlikely occurence, more likely that the enemy would conduct some sort of COINTELPRO on it but we are not the only people on this planet oppressed and some have shaken [or are in the process of doing so] it off by working together.

Look at some parts of Asia.

Financing such a venture? Every black [or the vast majority] in his immediate community [borough --> city --> nation].

Rally people to donate a paltry sum, anything over one or two dollars towards a central agency owned by the [black] people that operates for the sole purposes of the [black] people, who consume what it produces and in doing so, help to circulate wealth within black communities a while before it leaves it, which in turn invariably draws in 'new blood' as businesses [advertising] begin to recognise and make use of a viable market.

You know what they say, once you've made the first million, making more is easy.
Yes, we've been hurt but it is within our reach to pull ourselves out of the pit.

Coverage of sport, music [pro black oriented, none of the snoop dog crap], politics, children's entertainment etc etc from a black perspective, initially financed by blacks and therefore owned by them relative to one's level of financial involvement.

I think this activiity would charge blacks at large with a fresh spirit, reinvigorating and inspiring them to contribute in some way [ie, getting a job there] or building their own projects, possibly with other blacks so as to reduce costs with a view to gradually merging with this or other projects and thus form a black net of business within which all black needs [food, clothes, entertainment, health etc] are met.

Peace

Thank you Uzoka for your comments, as always they prove to be informative and encouraging to our cause. I too do not trust Mr. al-Qaddafi or his intentions for Africa. We all know that Qaddafi first tried to create a pan-Arabic country; once this failed the Colonel suddenly decided that the pan-African state was the way to go—under his (Arab) leadership…of course. Obviously, if he could emerge as the leader of a continent of 52 countries, he could wield considerable influence in the world. Africa could then be used as a stepping stone, which the Arabs would use in their struggle against the West. As I've already posted before, this would not be the first time the Arabs have pulled this trick on Black Africans; so African leaders would best be warned to stay clear of the Arabs and their "benevolence."

With respect to Blacks building their own institutions and wealth; I believe this is essential if Black people are to overcome poverty. Black people do not even have to give their money to one central agency; they could begin at the community level. For example, a group of friends (let's say 5) could decide to pool 10% of there income and setup a grocery store in their neighborhood. They could encourage family, church and community members to buy from them; through hard work and quality service they can build up a clientele of customers, which also helps build the Black economy. This is the way wealth is generated and fortunes are made.

This is just one example of practical things the average Black person could do to help improve their community and make a profit If anyone else has any more practical economic ideas which any Black person could do RIGHT NOW that would be beneficial to the Black community please post!

Start small then working our way up?

Hmm

It's unconventional but I think it could just work :)

Seriously though, yes, my answer focused on blacks and their questioned ability to solve problems [clearly we can] and ways of nipping in the bud this defeatist mental block that hinders problem solving as a group and ways of replacing it with a newly reconditioned black thought process, positively controlling and protecting it; always emphasising black self reliance and the capability of blacks to get the job done as a group for the group...that I forgot to note that blacks could go about the last part of my post first.

Look at other people, in times of war for instance and especially...they constantly reinforce themselves as a people towards roughly the same goal by bombarding themselves with media to that effect and look at the response, some, foaming at the mouth, a powerful tool blacks would do well towards using, and at a profit, evetually becoming self sustaining.

A monthly donation of $1-$2 [unity tax].

Or why not do both so as not to, in effect, end up working alongside the enemy and their plans for a black people fragmented [and therefore in a state of disunity] by wealth and therefore access to quality education, health etc....the haves and the havenots, the havenots of course being looked down upon and being seen [as we see it today] as an embarrassment and the like.

Basically making sure we all move up as closely up as is possibly at an equal rate.

But yes, those who are lucky to have access to funds, find other blacks...friends, family and start something, build up a client base, you'll have no trouble doing so.

Blacks are crying out for more people [preferably black people] to represent their needs and interest commercially without ulterior motive or a distorted or lopsided interpretation.

And in my opinion, it should be without seeking white financial backing so they cannot interfere in that respect and for the reason that no matter how successful your business venture becomes, and no matter how good you end up feeling about it, it will always be with the underlying knowledge that it would not have been possible without whites, thus the end results is that if blacks [as a group] look deep enough [or maybe not so deep] we'll find the totality of our thinking as to the relationship and standing of blacks compared to whites has changed little.

Look at how many people appreciate honest blacks who work in the interests of their people, look no further than this forum.

Peace

uzoka said:
Start small then working our way up?

Hmm

It's unconventional but I think it could just work :)

Seriously though, yes, my answer focused on blacks and their questioned ability to solve problems [clearly we can] and ways of nipping in the bud this defeatist mental block that hinders problem solving as a group and way of replacing it with a newly reconditioned group minset, always emphasising black self reliance and the capability of blacks to get the job done as a group for the group...that I forgot to note that blacks could go about the last part of my post first.

Look at other people, in times of war for instance and especially...they constantly reinforce themselves as a people towards roughly the same goal by bombarding themselves with media to that effect and look at the response, some, foaming at the mouth, a powerful tool blacks would do well towards using, and at a profit, evetually becoming self sustaining.

A monthly donation of $1-$2 [unity tax].

Or why not do both so as not to, in effect, end up working alongside the enemy and their plans for a black people fragmented [and therefore in a state of disunity] by wealth and therefore access to quality education, health etc....the haves and the havenots, the havenots of course being looked down upon and being seen [as we see it today] as an embarrassment and the like.

Basically making sure we all move up as closely up as is possibly at an equal rate.

But yes, those who are lucky to have access to funds, find other blacks...friends, family and start something, build up a client base, you'll have no trouble doing so.

Blacks are crying out for more people [preferably black people] to represent their needs and interest commercially without ulterior motive or a distorted or lopsided interpretation.

And in my opinion, it should be without seeking white financial backing so they cannot interfere in that respect and for the reason that no matter how successful your business venture becomes, and no matter how good you end up feeling about it, it will always be with the underlying knowledge that it would not have been possible without whites, thus the end results is that if blacks [as a group] look deep enough [or maybe not so deep] we'll find the totality of our thinking as to the relationship and standing of blacks compared to whites has changed little.

Look at how many people appreciate honest blacks who work in the interests of their people, look no further than this forum.

Peace

Exactly!!! I Uzoka, I feel that somehow I have understood you very well. Black people need to get it out of our minds that we should seek to enter White corporate America. Because when there's a recession--like the one were currently in--and people start getting laid off you can bet a million dollars on who the first people are to loose their jobs. Yes, you guessed it, Black people. Black people must stop relying on others for opportunities; we must learn to do for ourselves. As far as I'm concerned anybody for doesn't look like us should play no part in our struggle. That's why Black people should invest in Black-owned institutions. That means Black-owned Colleges, Banks, Contractors, Realtors, Investment companies etc.

Black people always complain about how they receive unfair treatment from company or how they are discriminated by that company. Yet we haven gotten the message that the only way we can end the discrimination and unfair treatment is by having our own companies, which cater for our needs--at a profit of course. Many Black people place their money in Banks that won't even give them loans to build businesses or get mortgage to own a home. Yet our money is used by these Banks to give loans and mortgages to other people and build their communities. It's really quite interesting the way we give financial assistance to people who don't look like us and sure as hell can't stand us; but yet continue to ignore our own communities, which are crime ridden, drug polluted and disease infested ghettos. Heck we don't even own our communities. The houses most Black people live in are rented from foreigners, who also own all the businesses which suck out the community’s wealth.

The Black community despite its deprivation can be improved Black people must first see the benefit of going into businesses for ourselves—and without the help of others. Most of the few successful Black businesses people got their help from Whites. For example, Bob Johnson of BET received a half a million dollar investment loan from John Malone, the former CEO of TCI, to start his flagship company. So all those who are upset that BET is no longer Black-owned need not worry; it was never fully Black-owned to begin with! I'm sure the White board members of BET—yes there were Whites on Board (get it)—pressured Johnson to sell out…I mean accept Viacom's bid. Thanx.

What will it really take to build and maintain a nation?

Peace family,

This thread is loaded with insightful thought, but if you think about what’s being said here, these same ideas about African/African American advancement have been written and talked about since “The Mis-education of the Negro”, by Dr. Carter G. Woodson, published 1933. 1933!! There is nothing new about our problems and our need to address them. I’m not saying that, because we haven’t achieve our goals, that we shouldn’t look for answers, but after watching these dilemmas and shortcomings, along with observations and ideas rise and fall constantly, we may be to conservative and academic in our approach to our problems.

Let’s look at what’s really at the core of life and livelihood. Too many times we direct our attention to the corporate world of Black MBA’s, lawyers, accountants or we talk about Black millionaires, who made their wealth in nonessential areas. We unfortunately confuse Black entrepreneurship with Black Nationalism, just like we turned, a Kawaida-theory based, Kwanzaa into almost a “Black Christmas” like holiday. We yearn for freedom on non-responsive constructs that are not at the direct-core of our every day reality.

The late Dr. John Hendrik Clarke, always seemed frustrated about the simple essentials of living that black people didn’t manufacture or control. I remember, he always talked about the fact, that “there wasn’t even a “safety pin” factory in all of Africa or why couldn’t Black people start self-producing by making their own handkerchiefs”. Now I know, that the popular use of safe pins and handkerchiefs are from a different time, but the essence of the idea is still the same. What he was trying to say was, these widely used and simple objects, purchased by the Black community, could easily be remanufactured and sold (real FUBU). What I’m getting at, is the things that are the glue to many national and/or cultural infrastructures are usually not that exciting and academic, but are widely used by progressive intellectuals and revolutionary academics everyday, but go unnoticed.

Lets look at this from a historical point of view, as it pertains to Africa. I’m sure those were blessed days when one African nation after another reconstituted their independence and threw oppressive European colonizers off their backs, but soon after the colonizers left and the mechanical/industrial infrastructure they left behind started to rust, crack and wear out, African leaders quickly realized that the bolts, nuts and screws were just as important as the machine itself, that’s why the roadsides of so many African countries are littered with broken down cars, buses and trucks. Once the bus broke down, there was no part to repair it. Well of course here is one of the beginnings of parasitical neo-colonialism.

When Africans/African Americans talk about social progress, industrialization and commercial enterprises, you rarely hear us mention bolts-nuts-screws factories, hammer and nail production, plumbing pipes, button factories, toilet tissue and toilets. Matter of fact, at one time there was only 3 companies that made all of the toilets (commodes) in the U. S.. Black people need to realize that at the end of the day, non-aesthetical bulldozers, cranes and dump trucks move the world, not just computers, ink pens and calculators.

It has become condescending and too common to talk about these things in progressive roundtable discussions, for the word revolution sounds better than toilet and MBA sounds better than bricklayer. I’ve seen carpenters and bricklayers write contracts and count money very well, but I never seen a MBA or CPA lay a brick or swing a hammer.

What we find ourselves doing, reminds me of a partial lyric from an African American work song that said, “you (whites) take the corn and leave us the husk”.

It’s amazing to see an African youth running down a street with no shoestrings, no belt, no buttons and no thread to mend his shirt, but handling a several thousand-dollar weapon, with several hundred dollars of ammunition. These young men and women expend their lives for revolutionary ideas and so-called democratic ideologies that they don’t understand or social movements that usually never feed or skillfully train their brothers and sisters.

Unfortunately, we were given education to survey the land, but not to plant on it; to account for the tools, but not to use them; and to engineer the bulldozer but not build and operate it.

I mean “why drive a 1-ton pickup truck, when you can drive a Benz” wouldn’t that be a waste of a lot of money and a good education.

Peace,

Sun Ship

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back