Black Short Stories : The Uninvited Guest

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by MsInterpret, Feb 16, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    The feast is great. Dishes of every kind adorn the long lavish table. Meals fit for a king. Aromas of exotic foods fills the air of a heavenly scent. Dishes and wares of gold and silver glisten like stars under the crystal chandelier. But there is no king, just my guest and I. I sit to far away from my guest to see who he is. I know not where he comes from or why he is here.

I squint my eyes to see if I can make him out, but he is too far. He stands and raises his glass.

"A toast," he says with glee, raising a glass.
    A toast to what? To who? I think to myself.
    "Why a celebration," He replies as if he could here my every thoughts. Who is this man?
    "I, my friend, am I dear and close friend," He says gesturing to himself. Again, still somehow reading my thoughts. He moves away from his seat and slowly walks towards me.
    "How rude of you to question who I am. You invited me. And you know I am." A sudden fear comes over me. My heart and mind race against each other.
    He stops walking towards me, yet I still can not see his face. The shadows cover his face like a black mask.
    I hear him laughing. A thunderous laugh echos the room like storm on a rough sea. I get the feeling he is mocking me in his laughter. I sit in silence and stare. He stops laughing and tilts his head as if he is trying to figure me out.
    "I know you." He replies. I can hear a sneer in his voice.
    I try to speak, but I can't. My voice is gone. I grab my throat and cough, but no sound emerges from my every struggle.
    Shaking his head he begins to walk towards me.
    "Oh yes, I know you. I've known you your whole life."
    Panic.
    As he moves in closer I can smell him. His smell is enticing, intoxicating. It seduces my senses, but yet I want to run away.
    He stops to pour some wine into his glass.
    As he steps into the light I can see his face. I know who he is.
    "A toast!" He shouts.
    He takes a sip of his glass and then I realize what the celebration is for.
    He toasts to my pain. He drinks my tears. He feasts on my misery. He consumes my life. He laughs at my fear. I am his main course.
    And he is my uninvited guest.

2. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    Interesting short story MsInterpret! Great, detail...intriguing!! :) Thanks for the share...inspires me to whip out a short story! LOL...I'll just enjoy yours and others for now...:)

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    It was actually a nightmare I had when I was younger

4. Emerald_Queen

Ratings:
    +83
    Oh! Yeah, that's crazy...oh the nightmares!!! Have you felt that way in real life about an unknown person?

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    To me the whole nightmare is a symbol of my rape. And part of it is the devil coming into my life and him getting a fulfillment of my pain

6. Emerald_Queen

Ratings:
    +83
    Oh, yeah those can be really hard!!! I've had several nightmares of my own after my experience...and it's distasteful to say the least! I understand...

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    deep tale spin , great story here