Health and Wellness : The U.S. deathcare system - I can attest

I_AM_HER

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 7, 2020
Excuse me while I rant a bit.
But I’m sure you all may know that the United States healthcare system does not care about the black people who reside on this land, especially about black women.

9 years ago my mother passed away suddenly from cardiac arrest.
She was diagnosed and treated for cancer 2 years prior and had received chemotherapy. She went into remission but was left with a port which caused her to have blood clots in her jugular vein. She was prescribed a blood thinner. But my mother wanted the port out. The cost to remove the port was extremely expensive and my parents insurance wouldn’t cover it…
She wrote letter after letter to the social worker at the hospital to ask for assistance. But to no avail.
The blood thinner ultimately ended up causing her brain aneurysm and she passed away three days after complaining of a headache.
But before she passed and while she was admitted into the E.R., a nurse gave her vitamin K and a pain med which caused her to go into a cardiac arrest and she passed. My dad was destroyed.

He passed away yesterday. He had been in the VA hospice since this June. The VA gave him medication that caused him to be in pain. He ended up in the VA hospital where they told him his cancer was back and he didn’t have long to live.
The medicine they gave him was someone else’s medicine, which was chemotherapy. Next, they sent him up to get an MRI but the nurse didn’t notate that he had a pacemaker.
My dad began to feel better weeks after stopping his medication (by this time he was in hospice). He was making plans to get out by November and move to Florida with his current wife.
But the VA thought my dad had COVID and sent him into isolation at another hospital, miles away, in another city. There, my dad was left alone in a room with no windows and not fed regularly. He fell into a dark depression and he began to get sick again.
When he returned to the hospice, his health and mental state began to decline fast. And come to find out, he never had COVID.
He cried to me that he never thought his life would end like this.
He pass yesterday afternoon.

During these past months, I also experienced more loss and personal mistreatment by the healthcare system.
Last Spring, I discovered a lump growing on my left foot which resembled a gangolin cyst. I went to a podiatrist who told me that it was a ganglion cyst.
He didn’t do a biopsy, but he squeezed the hell out of my foot and with only blood to come out. Then put me in a boot and sent me on my say. Told me if it came back to see him again.
It returned and I went back to no biopsy and the bump being aspirated again. Nothing coming out.
The bump came back again but this time with vengeance. It wasn’t a simple round lump, but was a huge mass that went from toes to the anterior of my foot. I went to the podiatrist and told him I wanted surgery.
Before the surgery I told the podiatrist to take a picture of what he would remove. When I woke up and asked him if he took a picture he said no, but gave an x-ray picture.
A biopsy was done and the pathology report came back as unusual and it was sent up for a more extensive examination.
The podiatrist told me, “don’t worry it’s not cancer”.
It came back as cancer.
He then told me not to worry because this type of cancer (Sarcoma) was low-grade and wouldn’t spread fast and so it wasn’t emergent.
That was in July of this year.
I ended up having my foot amputated in August.

I lost a son in 2018 at 22 week’s pregnant. Was told the pain I was having was just round ligament pain, by the doctors. During the preterm delivery, they left a piece of my placenta inside of me which caused me to nearly bleed out two days later. The same doctor who did this attempted to be present for my daughter’s birth.

And last year, my husband nearly died when the VA prescribed him too high of a dosage of Metformin.

This is my reason for not trusting in the United States deathcare system.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back