Black Spirituality Religion : The Turkey at my Window

TURKEY MEDICINE

A wild turkey is a clean bird in many respects and considers its appearance important. A turkey's colorful metallic iridescence glittering feathers provide a variety of survival functions - they keep him warm and dry, allow him to fly, feel and show off for the opposite sex. Turkey feathers were used American Indians to stabilize arrows and adorn ceremonial dress, and the spurs on the legs of wild tom turkeys were used as projectiles on arrowheads. If the spirit of the turkey struts into your life it may be to remind you that hygiene and appearances are important to self-respect and respect for others.

Turkeys have very good hearing and can see in color and tiny movement almost a hundred yards away. The message of the turkey spirit could be to closely examine our actions and how they relate to our spiritual path.

Toms and sometimes hens have black, hair-like feathers called beards on their chest. Turkeys’ heads change colors when they become excited as both defense and warning to other turkeys. If your spirit turkey shows you these characteristics, it is time to sit up and take notice of your own actions that may hinder your spiritual growth. You may also need to look at people, situations or events around you.

Wild turkeys eat whatever is available in the immediate terrain including nuts, berries, green foliage, insects, and lizards. This habit has been seen in vision given by a spirit turkey and was interpreted to mean to make good use of the talents and resources, to waste nothing and give thanks daily for the bounty and blessings given by the Creator.

Turkeys fly powerfully for short distances but have difficulty in sustaining great speed over a long distance. If you see turkey flying into your life in this way, its message may be to start redirecting your spiritual energy in a more balanced or efficient way. Quick bursts of enthusiasm or energy can lead to undesirable results.

To American Indians the wild turkey symbolizes renewal and rebirth that must take place for all nature in order for humans to survive. The turkey also symbolizes the spirit of freedom that must be respected by all people.

Just My 2Cents:em2300:

Brilliant :toast:

Ok so i didn't eat too late last night ...matter of fact, my last meal was at least 5hours before I went to bed....

I had a dream that i was in my room and on the phone with a lady (knew her back in states ) who is versed in numerology and the tarot...we were having a discussion about numbers, when all of sudden this HUGE turkey flew to my window... (yes, stay with me now) the turkey was so HUGE that it took the whole expanse of my window, and it looked something like this:

turkey.jpg

Whilst I was talking to the lady on the phone, the turkey was actively trying to get in my room through my window, and it kept making that gobble gobble sound that turkeys always make..lol..the turkey was so loud that I could not hear what the lady was saying on the phone... so i told her to hold on while i shut the window on turkey's face!. The window flew opened spontaneously and turkey continued to make his obnoxious sounds and was actively trying to get in my room:10500: I'm like what da hay?..I went through this whole cycle of shutting the window, it opening back up spontaneously and the turkey trying to get through about 2 or three times...towards the end of the dream my phone actually went dead, and that was the last thing i remember before waking up...

So what do you think?

peace

I think that was one smart Turkey.

It was trying to tell you to hang up the phone with the Tarot/Numerology lady before you get "plucked".

:SuN016:

Ok so i didn't eat too late last night ...matter of fact, my last meal was at least 5hours before I went to bed....

I had a dream that i was in my room and on the phone with a lady (knew her back in states ) who is versed in numerology and the tarot...we were having a discussion about numbers, when all of sudden this HUGE turkey flew to my window... (yes, stay with me now) the turkey was so HUGE that it took the whole expanse of my window, and it looked something like this:

turkey.jpg

Whilst I was talking to the lady on the phone, the turkey was actively trying to get in my room through my window, and it kept making that gobble gobble sound that turkeys always make..lol..the turkey was so loud that I could not hear what the lady was saying on the phone... so i told her to hold on while i shut the window on turkey's face!. The window flew opened spontaneously and turkey continued to make his obnoxious sounds and was actively trying to get in my room:10500: I'm like what da hay?..I went through this whole cycle of shutting the window, it opening back up spontaneously and the turkey trying to get through about 2 or three times...towards the end of the dream my phone actually went dead, and that was the last thing i remember before waking up...

So what do you think?

What a wonderful dream!!!!! You had food trying to get into your window? I'd be trying to get the dressing and trimmings prepared for my feast...

I'd be trying to gobble gobble too

peace

I think that was one smart Turkey.

It was trying to tell you to hang up the phone with the Tarot/Numerology lady before you get "plucked".

:SuN016:[/QUOTE

LOL..so it turns out part of this was actually precognitive.... i ended speaking with a lady today who is versed in numerology(not the same lady i knew from the States)...and I found myself standing up and facing my window (as i was in the dream) before I realized what was happening... i quickly told her about the dream, she said the turkey is a positive symbol in native American tradition.... but get this...my cellular beeped twice indicating it needed be charge while i was talking to her!....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back