Black People : The TRUTH from a Black Woman...A response to the basher

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
  2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    REAL TALK..............from one mind to another .

3. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356

.....OK

***Trying to remind myself notto take everything so seriously***

Not to discredit anything that was said, because I don't know what brought up all this other than to assume that there were black men bashing black women on youtube (probably the same amount as the inverse situation), but honestly,I found the whole subject childish, still grossly misinformed, and centered on villainization, period.

Most of the negative images are not the result of the opinions of black men, but opinions marketed by audio and video broadcast and product companies (record companies included) who have the money and power topromote disrespect through black artists, and the black men who engage in the disrespectful attitudes pick it up through braodcast repitition (such as Bad Example Tell-lie-vision aka BET, VH1, MTV, and your local radio stations). I call it spiritual IV poisoning.

And naturally, in the spirit of keeping the William Lynch syndrome going, this proceeds in the spirit of "It's the Black Man's Fault" because black men are supposedly saying "It's the Black Woman's Fault." Willie Lynch is DEAD. His descendants and descendants of his close associates are the ones feeding this perpetual fire and to this day, many of us provide the oxygen to keep these flames of self-hatred bright!!! How many more centuries will we keep this going?

CDC, the same organization responsible for controlling (please see the definition for "control") and monitoring diseases, AIDS included, gives you propoganda planned since the 60s, yet it's 2011 and we still run with it. Should I post "Tuskeegee Repeats"?! Dr. Boyd, where are you when I need you?

And how in the world is the self-hate feuled answer to self-hate that is just as blind justified? You plant seeds of self-hatred, be you black man or woman, you attract more to yourself. Dr. Ellen Kriedman said your brain believes what you tell it the most.

And honestly, the black woman is not the only individual wh recieves damaging messages since childhood. And we black men didn't need a doctor telling us some of the things told to us. Kirk Franklin did that job quite nicely in his version of "Shout."

It really amazes me that with such things as The Law Of Attraction and the biblical priciple of sowing and reaping, especially how those two principles apply to our words, are so missed by our people. If you keep speaking it, then it should be no surprise or misery to you if we keep seeing it or surrounding ourselves in it. We perpetuate it with our words, attitudes, and actions.

All I saw in the clip are things that BOTH genders are guilty of. And why YouTube is a place where back-and-forth arguingis going on, or being paid attention to in such vast numbers is beyond me, other than to comment that the lost are still leading the lost.

But if it makes any viewer happy to perpetuate his/her anger by engaging in such foolishness, more power to you. Far be it from me to tear you away from such senselessness.

I'm going to dosomething constructive, like go to bed, set my alarm clock, and plan my next day before i drift to sleep. Geez, i'll be divorced soon because of the same issue stemming from one's self-righteousness-based self-hatred projections, and I'm not even paying hers any attention anymore. Besides, if I allow myself to internalize her negativity, or the negativity in this clip, I'll NEVER find the sista I'm looking for.

I imagine that if any sisters are out ther soaking this negativity promoting stuff in, someone, after months of pondering the worth of all this self-hating banter, will encourage them to stop for the sake of their sanity.

Goodnight, all.

4. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Wow...you're off topic...hope you got to bed.

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    I agree! She's on point!

Like she said, this stuff needs to be said. She addressed four issues and this is what I liked;

first she spoke about attitudes with respect to culture. I agree with her that people say Black women may seem to be aggressive because of our mannerism such as some may use their hands and our diction and this may be confused with rudeness. I do speak with my hands especially if I become sort of passionate in what I may be speaking about. I don't mean to come off as being 'ethnic' but frankly, I dont even care what people think. yep. that's attitudinal, i know. Like she said we get blamed as if it our fault for the problems of the community and are made to believe that we cannot achieve in certain areas, or that we are too ghettor or not ghetto enough...and if we come off as sexual then, we are whores. She says that this is the kind of rhetoric we sometimes get from the Black man and then she asked, 'How can a woman prevent your manhood?' and my question would be in this regards, Do we as Black women hear this kind of negative rhetoric coming from Black men in general? My answer would be that we have got to be blind, deaf, and dumb if we don't because this would be some of the justifications for so many Black men dating out of their own culture. These issues must be dealt with if there is to be harmony.

The next thing she spoke about was the constant contradictions when it comes to how we are portrayed in that we are many times; damned if we do or damned if we don't. she says that some Black women act as if 'we' have a chip on our shoulders and come off as being I guess, negative. she says these kinds of women don't just appear, but they are made, and i so agree!!! We have been pressed into being 'puppets to society' and are sterotyped and summed up as being either this or that, too ghetto or too white, or etc.

Then she spoke about interracial dating and how when Black men do it, they feel that it's not a big deal, but here the thing!--She says they do this out of insecurities and she said to Black men, 'Watch what you call love'. In this she blew me away because what she projected was that Black men base their actions on the negativities of Black women and this has a connection to their false sense of understanding of what they really call love when they date out of their culture. If they have to base this on being frustrated with Black women then, their attention is still going to be constantly focused on yep; Black women!

Lastly, she concluded on that issue in that if Black men base their actions on how black women have treated them wrong, then in essence, their dating out of their race and culture becomes superficial. My opinion about this whole issue is that it has to do with who Black men perceive their mothers and also, how Black women deal with being 'shaped by society' or, as she put it, puppets to society. I so believe that Black women have been victimized by society and we cannot change this by ourselves, however, there are things that we can do to counteract some negative issues and one way is to reach out and support the kind of brothers that are out there lifting us up...cause there are some. Anyway, she hit some major issues and this stuff needs to get out there. She was well spoken and very articulate.

6. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    It's a foolish gender war on youtube where unlearned Black men and Black women go at each others throat. The vlogger although she may some good points but I am afraid all she did is add fuel to the fire, because the Negros on youtube who hate Black women are brain-washed and in love with their slave mistresses. You don't go on youtbe trying to reason with negros who have create an entire page dissing Black women. Vice versa there are Black women who do the same thing, bashing Black men like the best of them Klan. Again these videos and threads have all one thing in common self-hatred in our community that we have to erase with self-love.

7. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Black-King the "gender war" is not just on Youtube lol....It's everywhere. This nonsense is on here...its in the real world....It's going back to your thread and that Isaiah character bashing black women cause of "good hair"

8. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Indeed, but youtube takes the cake, because the Negros there are uncensored and truly despise Black women, Its like a cult there lol. Guys like Mustafa are role models to these idiots. One guy was talking about himself being pro Black yet he was married to an Asian chick haha. The funniest thing out of these guys is that they profess to hate white men, but love white women and hate Black women, it's truly is a phenomenon that defies logic.

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Yup it is a hotbed for it. Because most of them would not say it out their face off camera.

10. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    My point EXACTLY!!

How are you going to try to be a voice of reason in a pit where foolishness overflows and gets more attention than commonsense things. And on top of it, they are fighting over situations that we did not create that continue to have control over our lives as long as we give attention to it.

There are black men mess up and make excuses and there are black women who mess up and make excuses. Nothing on YouTube is going to change that.

There are attacks on black women based on perception of mannerisms, constant intake of negativity, personal wants and needs of black men, and vice versa in relation to black men. NOTHING on YouTube is going to change that.

All this is going to produceis more arguments, debates, and fights that do NOTHING to resolve the issue. I'm not saying that what the sista said is a bad or untruthful vent. But I've never talked to any black couple who said that "venting stopped our quarrels, fights, arguments, and resolved our issues." So considering that venting solves nothing, points fingers at the prepetuations and not the root causes or the people responsible for the root causes. Again, William Lynch is dead, yet his idea is still living because of the people who both create new divisions and people who keep the divisions he pointed out going! Vlog venting does nothing for any positive cause, but promotes the gender wars to continue.

Here's the TRUTH about this whole situation, everyone is complaining about the things they either start or keep going, and there's nothing getting solved because of this video, or any ofthe other black man/women vent-eos on YouTube. Whether she was on point with the video or not is not in question. There are on-point issues being presented in some of the videos by the men, also. But what's the purpose of all this fighting over video? How does this further any work to end gender wars among our people? It DOESN'T!!

Here's an idea for both black men and black women, vlogger included.

Let's all take a serious look at our own choices and what they produce. If they produce pain, let's take total responsibility for it, change our choice-making process, forgive them, and move on. It's already a full-time job developing ourselves. Only stress comes from trying to take on the impossible job to change other people with different opinions, AND it does nothing to help us or to help others.

That's why I gave the response I did. The Vlog, as on-point as it may be, is pointless. If it does not directly solve the problem, it doesn't serve any purpose except to make hard hearts even harder, furthering our collective destruction, from our emotional and spiritual centers outward. You can either choose to live in stress or liberate yourself from it. If you cannot change the people around you, change the people around you. Staying around the same type of people, then complaining about what keeping them company produces is both pointless and stupid.

Sorry if itsounds harsh, but in all truth, when I carefully thought about what she said and what purpose it really serves in the grand scheme of everything, I regretted giving her my ear. She serves no more a purpose than an irresponsible brotha degrading and berating a sista. I'm done with drama and choose not to exude it, butwatching this almost got me off track. My question is when will all my brothas and sistasdo the same? Holding onto ANGER over past situations and the results of bad decisions doesn't help anyone, nor does seeing someone else do it help anyone! It's nothingbut unforgiveness at its best and most tragically comical.

And no, I'm not the passionate because it was a sista speaking. I'd treat my brothas the same if they were doing it.