Black Spirituality Religion : THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHES/OFFERINGS

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MRS. LADY, Sep 4, 2008.

1. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Being raised in a christian home, I was subjected to the laws of christianity. One being that 10 percent of you income was to be given to the church, for the upliftment of the church.

In my home as most of you are aware, my mother was a witch, an alcholic and verbally and emotionally abusive, and my father was a crackhead and physically and sexually abusive. I tell you this not for your sympathy as I don't beleive in the "pitty pot" only in life's lessons, and to point out the hypocrisy that I was accustomed to dealing with from a very young age; as when they were not at home being their true selves, they were at church being great actors.

If you check your money on all of it, it says, "in god we trust".

First and foremost, this does not register in my mental, because we have what you call a "separation of church and state". If this were so, then that statement would not be on the dollar.

Do you ever think about why it may be there?

I do.

Once upon a time our Ancestors made offerings. Their offerings were the burning of incense, and the presentation of wheat, bread, barley and cattle.

It seems funny to me that we would refer to money as "bread", ebonnically speaking that is. If you dig a little deeper into that, and would incline yourself to read Br. Keita's book, as well as the well written articles by Cheif Elder Osiris with regard to the womb and staff genders it may help shed some Divine Light on the purpose of tithes and offerings of money to the Goddesses/Gods.

When they pass around the Round plate it symbolizes the womb. If you take what use to be offerings made in appreciation for the plenty provided by the Inundation of the Nile so that all may have what is NEEDED to survive and replace it with money, in all actuality what is being done is you are taking a piece of paper that clearly states "in god we trust", and offering it as your god.

Then you are told in you give big god will multiply it for you.

I am always so amazed at how we participate in hidden rituals that are all about power with little or no knowledge of what we are doing.

God would never ask for 10 percent of paper money, but someone wrote it that way and we just beleive it.

Not everyone has that amount to give. Money is a defined means and/or an energy that gets what we need to survive in this day and age. Funny how it can make or break you, and define so manys' self worth.

Is money your god? If it is not why do you offer it into the womb? It is the root of all evil indeed.

And no worries, if you have it to give, most chuches are set up as corporations, and you can get all your money back at the end of the year. (my natural sarcasm)

I really know that giving is from the heart, so if you really want to give something, just go out and find someone that really needs your help and help them.

There is a story in the bible where Jesus lost his temper, because the people had turned the church into a market.

Imagine how many tables he would flip over today.

One Love

2. darklionarts

darklionarts Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Amen to this Miss Lady!

3. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Actually, no one ever wrote it that way. They just Told us that that is what was written, and we believed it.

http://freeyourmindonline.net/tithing-management.html

Of course, this is reflective of religion anyway. Religion itself is based on mindlessness. That is why you hear preachers make statements to the effect that when people become "intelligent" and "analytical" and get all this academia, that they don't want to believe in the LAWD no mo!

ALL THE TABLES! And this time, He would go upside somebody's head! No Oops.

Because Money has now become the God of Church!

4. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

opps upside ya head....

lolololololol

Love Ya'll!!!!!!!!

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    It may be there to caution others not to put their trust in that paper money but in God.

It also does not denote WHICH God.

It doesn't mention Allah.

It doesn't mention the Trinity.

It doesn't mention any specific spiritual belief.

But, it does acknowledge the existence of God and that we should place our trust in God.

6. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    I was watching public access on this subject. And what the presenter said made me pull out my dusty Bible. Tithing is not monetary. It has evolved into a monetary donation, but it is really just a sacrifice.

The church owe me a check!

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Where two or more are

MISS LADY
    Thank You for Sharing

When I go into Chinese restaurants, and oriental shops.
    I see lots of incense sticks, bamboo shoot plants, a few coins, and oranges.

Burnt offerings.

The statement give and you shall receive is tied to church tithing.
    Giving is not just money.
    Giving is time.
    Giving is listening.
    Giving is consideration in many respects.
    Attention, ideas, and a kind word or a meal.

Giving is paramount.

This is the story where the church was turned into a flea market,
    a trading place, a market, a bank, and all worship of any kind was forgotten.

Isn’t a church a place for like minded individuals.
    Where they can meet and talk about common beliefs systems and commune.

“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” ( Matt 18:20 )

So if you do not go to church, your married or you have someone you talk with and pray with.
    Then you can have all the blessings of God with you.

So if two or more are on line, praying together.
    Before a meeting or discussion.

That would apply.

For those who do not worship the same god as ( me ) or someone else.
    For those who do not believe any more or at all in organized religion or religion period.

Take two doses of Compromise ( find the middle ground, give and take ) and call me in the morning.

8. FASN8N1

FASN8N1 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Wow Miss Lady you are very on point with your knowledge . Try living in the south and having preachers as family members .Throwing it down your throat every chance they get .Actually condemning you for not taking your hard earned money and giving it to God ...."What how is he gonna get it?"Being told you got rimz on your truck ,you worshiping that truck instead of God .GGGOOOOODDDDD is a angry God ,GGGGOOOODDDD is a jealous God .You don't pay your 10% ,you ain't gonna be blessed .My reply,"No god isn't angry or jealous .Those are human emotions .and though god may be in all us ,he or she is not human ."

Here's a sad story .I was working out of town somewhere in KY .A guy I was working with invited me to go to church with him .I was like ,"well ok."I remember getting to the church and this homeless man was sitting at the curb by the church .He clearly needed something .either someone to talk to ,or someone to help him .I watched the members one by one walk pass him like he was invisible .....So SAD .One woman was like ,"oh that o'l larry he always be begging .He need to get a job ."WWWWWHHHAAATTTTT?!?!? Now I guess they were saving all their money to give to the church ,but doesn't that defeat the purpose .I sat and talk to the brother for a while.he was little thrown off ,I can tell .But I asked him about himself and gave him like 15 dollars and then offered to buy him something to eat .

This goes to show where some of our brothers and sisters minds are .they are so concerned with paying their tithes and saving themselves ,they can't even see the real picture....sad .Religion got its hooks so deep in some of us .They took the shackles off our legs and put them on our minds .

9. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    Like that tired old saying goes, "Can't see the forest for the trees."

10. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    hey everyone