Black Spirituality Religion : The Truth About Jezebel

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
Occupation
Employed
:SuN030:
"...It is most evident in the story of Jezebel, who has long been presented as the epitome and symbol of the treacherously evil woman, that her real crime was her refusal to accept the worship of Yahweh, choosing instead the religion of her own parents, that of the Queen of Heaven and Her Baal. He parents, as Queen and king of Sidon (some say Tyre), held high positions in the ancient religion as high priestess and priest. Not only did Jezebel herself follow the ancient religion, but according to the Bible, as a result to her influence her husband Ahab, a Hebrew King of Israel, adopted the pagan ways as well, erecting asherim in the temple. Jezebel's supposed crime, that of starting a rumor that resulted in the death of a man, becomes questionable when we realize that it was her husband who actually desired the dead man's property and it was with letters signed with Ahab's name that she was accused.

Jezebel was murdered in the most gruesome manner, described in morbid detail in the Bible, surely intended as a warning to all other "treacherous" women. The execution was carried out by the avenging Hebrew hero Jehu. But Jehu's motives became frighteningly clear when, after the death of the "pagan" Queen, he arranged a massacre of those who "ate at her royal table" and then later claimed the throne of Israel as his own

Shortly after the murder of Jezebel, Jehu called for a solemn assembly of the people who paid homage to Ashtoreth and Baal, tricking them in this way into gathering together at their own temple at an appointed time. The holy shrine was described as being full from one end to the other. It was then reported in the Bible, 'And when they went to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings, Jehu appointed four score men without and said, if any of the men that I have brought into your hands escape, he that letteth him go, his life shall be for a life of him.' So it was recorded in the book of ll Kings that Jesu and his men murdered every member of the congregation and then finally made a "latrine" of the building itself. And when the massacre and desecration was complete, Jehu is recorded to have heard Yahweh say, 'Thou has done well that which is right in mine eyes' (ll Kings 10:18-31)..."

Page 188, 189
"When GOD Was A Woman"
by Merlin Stone

Reading is "Most Definitely" Fundamental

I got reprimanded at a Bible study for making the very same observation. Luckily I don't go to that church anymore. But Jezebel was doing what Christians were told to do in the Great Comission: Proseletyze. What are n't all Chritians thrown from buildings and eaten by dogs. And Ahab was a punk, just like Adam!

Bootzey said:
What are n't all Chritians thrown from buildings and eaten by dogs. And Ahab was a punk, just like Adam!

Whaaat?:10700:

With much respect for our Christen followers, please don't post disrespectful statements like that here if you wish to remain a member. I recommend you review our forum rules and abide by them. Consider this a warning.

:heart:

The Book is very enlightening

Every female should have a copy.

I know we out date all other cultures historically & archeologically -- so it does not take must brain work to figure out that the GODDESS was first powered and engineered by A Beautiful Strong Black Woman.

Thanks for responding!

Bootzey said:
I got reprimanded at a Bible study for making the very same observation. Luckily I don't go to that church anymore. But Jezebel was doing what Christians were told to do in the Great Comission: Proseletyze. What are n't all Chritians thrown from buildings and eaten by dogs. And Ahab was a punk, just like Adam!

Jezebel was indeed a treacherous woman, that any faithful woman to the Father and Son would do well not to follow after. She was more than accused of crimes, but actually committed abominations before the Father, worshiping idols, which was an offense in itself punishable by death. But then to have a man killed, just so her husband could have his property, which he wouldn't sell? Jezebel was wonderfully trippin', and what was done was a righteous killing.

Just because there are ills spoken of women in the Scriptures doesn't at all mean all women are so ill as Jezebel, if we choose to follow our King and not go after strange gods and idols and demons.

And some think that because Christians don't deny what was done to Jezebel and others as a righteous killing, that would or should mean we shouldn't deny any "righteous killings" today.

But one should be mindful of the words, "righteous killing", as in one needs to be righteous over another if they think they can judge them to the point of death. In this generation, none are so righteous, which is why we need the Anointed Son to cleanse us of our sins, that we may become righteous. But we need to believe and be faithful in what He's done for us to stand righteous before the Father, in His great show of compassion and mercy, and in His resurrection to Ascension.

It doesn't then mean we can kill anyone, because we still sin from day to day in such a generation, and still forever need the Son, our King to justify us, but it does now mean we have salvation from the fires to be considered worthy as a judge, and to sit with the Anointed as the Son sits at the Father's right Hand.