Black Spirituality Religion : THE TRUE WORD OF GOD...

Aqil said:
"Human language is local and changeable, and is therefore incapable of being used as a means of unchangeable and universal information. The idea that God sent Jesus Christ to publish, as they say, glad tidings to all nations - from one end of the world to the other - is consistent only with the ignorance of those who knew nothing of the extent of the world, and who believed - as all the saviors of the world believed - and continued to believe for several centuries - that the Earth was flat, and that man might walk to the end of it!...

But how was Jesus to make anything known to all nations? He could speak but two languages (Aramaic and Hebrew), and there are in the world several hundred languages. Scarcely any two nations, at that time, spoke the same language or understood each other; and as to translations, every man who knows anything about languages knows that it is impossible to translate from one language to another - not only without losing a great part of the original, but frequently of mistaking the sense. And besides all this, the art of printing was wholly unknown at the time Jesus lived..."

The same good points that you have stated above can also apply to the Prophets Moses and Muhammad.

Moses arrived 2,000 years before the Prophet Jesus and Prophet Muhammad 600 year after Prophet Jesus.

How was Prophet Muhammad to make anything known to all nations? He could speak but ONE language (Arabic - I could be wrong?), and there are in the world several hundred languages. Scarcely any two nations, at that time, 1,400 years ago, spoke the same language or understood each other; and as to translations, every man who knows anything about languages knows that it is impossible to translate from one language to another, especially the Qur'an without losing a great part of the original and frequently mistaking the sense of the Qur'an.

Kannte said:
The same good points that you have stated above can also apply to the Prophets Moses and Muhammad.
Peace, Bro. Kannte. Is it your contention that my statement can also apply to all the prophets? If so, it would thusly read:

"Human language is local and changeable, and is therefore incapable of being used as a means of unchangeable and universal information. The idea that God sent Jesus Christ to publish, as they say, glad tidings to all nations - from one end of the world to the other - is consistent only with the ignorance of those who knew nothing of the extent of the world, and who believed - as all the saviors of the world believed - and continued to believe for several centuries - that the Earth was flat, and that man might walk to the end of it!

But how were the prophets to make anything known to all nations? They could speak only a couple of languages, and there are in the world several hundred languages. Scarcely any two nations, at that time, 1,400 years ago, spoke the same language or understood each other; and as to translations, every man who knows anything about languages knows that it is impossible to translate from one language to another - not only without losing a great part of the original, but frequently mistaking the sense. And besides all this, the art of printing was wholly unknown at the time the prophets lived..."

Would you accept this edited version?

In my study of GOD/YH most of HIS true Word can be found in the Old Testaments. Most books that I have read lack in this one thing. They fail to express the words are actually being spoken by GOD. For example:

Isa:44:6: Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

See that decree, "Thus saith the LORD", most books that are being called religious are missing that. And they also lack GOD speeking in first person.

So it raises a question. Can we legitimately say a book is the Word of GOD when that book lacks the decree and lacks showing GOD speaking in first person?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back