Black Women : The true "Standard" of a "Real" so-called African "Woman"*

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Moorfius, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hotep

A reward of $40,000 was once offered for the capture of Harriet Tubman based upon her labor in the cause of aiding over 300 men and women to escape the confines of chattel slavery. This is also the rationale for her affectionately being called Moses. The liberation of the Black slave was so ingrained in her heart that she literally risked life and limb to see her people free from physical bondage. If she had been an emcee, her slogan may have been “Get Free or Die Tryin.

The very last thing that never even cross the "Mind" of this "Real" so-call Black African in Amerikkka "Woman" was to "Imatate" the "White" woman in any way what so ever...as most of our "Negro" women are doing today at the outrageous amont of more than $20-Billion per year...just to have "Straight" stringy "White Hair"...white looking make up and "Dress" and attitudes that are not "African" and are definatly "Not-Liberating" but "Only" the result of "Ignorance" in the "Slave" system of compleat "Foolishness" of pathological santafied white superimacy "Religion". Look at our dear and wonderful liberator mother "Harriet Tubman" and then take a "Look at yourself in the Mirror"!! If you don't see (Harriet Tubman) a real so-called black woman then what else is there?? The answer: you see a imitation, carbon copy of a "Fake White Woman" who is totaly out of her "Mind" with out any exceptions. If you are rearing "Negro" children who are only ready to go out in the world and cause all the "Hell" they can before they end up "Dead or in Jail" then you are following the "Rong Path" that you call "Saved", "Blessed" and is nothing more than "Ignorance" and false "Racist-Riligion" approved by the system of "White Superimacy" that causes you to be Less than what you are suppose to be and make you look like you do and act like you do. You are not white and you will never be white...African Woman!! Harriet Tubman is what we need today...not a sick copy of a straight haired white woman in "Black Skin"! Stop accusing the Black Man (who has his own lunicy to deal with) and take a good look at your (Mind) self...who are the first teachers to every one on the "Planet"!! Now look at you...Mother of Civilization?!!

Ase`

Comments are requested...a little feed back please.

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    the true standard...

WOW!!,talk about bringin it strong.i'm just gonna sit back and see what the sisters have to say.

3. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Brother Moorfius....thank you for sharing this insight. Often, in a world that is male centered, nonblack centered, and heavily focused on the physical, it is truly difficult to remember the power and responsibility we have as women....to remember that WE are indeed the first teachers and the reflection of the condition of our race. From OUR side at least, it would be helpful for us to remember that.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Moorfius ... you know i love you ... and with the highest regard and respect i ask ... how can you ask Black Women to do, what you, a Black Man is not doing?

I'm speaking specifically to the quote above.

:heart:

Destee

5. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Wow!--If the Black woman is the "first teacher for EVERYONE on the planet," I guess we are to be blamed for what white people have done and are doing?-- just as we are blamed so often in these threads for the problems in the Black communities.

When I read things like this, I wonder what would possess any Black man to want to minimize his importance to this extent, as if he wants to be invisible or non-existent.

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    In order to avoid the "debates" that sometimes plague this site, somebody (moorfius or moderators) please change this discussion( by title or responses to the original post by moorfius) to honor the sistas of the past and present as well as see which one the ladies,and our people in general, can take concepts and/or ideologies from.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother I-Khan ... i don't think we can do anything to avoid such debates, other than close the place down.

This is all a part of the process, learning how to debate respectfully with each other.

If the Moderators were to go around changing titles, content, etc., so that it is presented in a more "respectful" light ... no lesson would be learned, no real progress made ... and we'd be accused of censoring folk. Not to mention, we don't have time to do that to every thread / post that would qualify for such.

Nawww ... we're gonna have to go through this, to get to the next level. We can't skip no parts.

:heart:

Destee

8. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Okay Destee.

9. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Tired of being mommas and mammys to Everybody

Brother Ikhan, just to let you know, many Black women are very TIRED of being presented with this image of the big, strong, nurturing Black woman that has existed in print and visual media for years, moreso in the movies.

The first Black person to ever win an Oscar, Hattie McDaniel, won an Oscar for her portrayal of this mammy figure in 1940 in the movie GONE WITH THE WIND. This image seems to be entrenched in the minds of not only white people, but just as many Black people and I'm surprised to see this image being promoted by men on this site as if it's a positive one. Unfortunately, this problem-solver and eternal-sustainer persona becomes all too real for too many Black women and it turns into their life work.

Sometimes we're even told not to worry about how we look because "Black women are not supposed to care about being sexy/desirable to men." People seem to be determined to see us as this mammy brickhouse figure while other women are pursued as feminine and soft.

So before you get any older, I hope you will understand that many Black women want to give the role of the self-sacrificing, all-giving nurturer to someone else, for a change.

10. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    "Extream thinking causes us to miss the "Point"*

Hotep

There is "No" safe place to go back to. We can not just brush aside the "Truth" of what we have become and the "Life" we must "Change" for our "Collective" survival. We are "Not" passing blame here. It is an "Absolute" truth "Universaly" and known the "World Over" that the woman "Is" the first teacher! If the woman is messed up the children will be messed up also no matter what you are the first teachers. We must know right here and now that we have a job to do or those who don't take this absolute responcibility will not "Survive" today. Who do you think is going to tell you what needs to be done...the white man? No...if they did know the truth...why would they tell you? The truth is right in front of us and all we have to do is not be afraid to "Stand" up and do our G-d given duty as a people. The job of "Liberation" is not just the job of the Black Man but also the Black Woman. If the shoe fits ware it...if it don't it is not for your. We...right away react as we have been indoctrinated to do and that is to "Play" games and become offended and are like children and if we are in each others compeny we might even think about taking the life of another Black person having the nerve and odosity to point out our collective "Mal-functions". Once agin ... Hareit Tubman is a prime example of what a Black woman "Should" be in order to help and change our collective future and condition. The Black Man can not do any thing with out "You" Black Woman and you know who you are. Stop pretending to be a white woman...African!! If you don't know that you are a black woman this is not for you...it is too late for you and your children are lost and is part of the problem. We are on the rise..."We" are at "War"!! Like it or not.

Ase`