Black People : The Thinking Game (6 Hats)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by phynxofkemet, Aug 11, 2008.

1. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Discovered a great gift from a beautiful soul; the gift was given to me years ago; and I only recently reopened it to delve further. The gift itself is called Mind Power - Creative Thinking; and after doing a few solo exercises I came across one designed for use with a group or a partner.

Since my partner and I have a tendency to see things differently, and we both desire to be in harmony rather than dissention, I presented the game to him! Well he really liked it and we've used the model on a few of our own personal challenges. I thought I'd present that game on the Destee Forum, I'll explain the game, go through the background and present an opportunity to try it interactively.

"In cultures with a tradition of ARGUMENT, one person takes a position on a subject and another person attacks that position. This method is used in law courts, parliametns, business negotiations, and family discussions. In some cases, it is quite useful, but it is not the only way to explore a subject. Some cultures find the method too aggressive. It can also seem that each side is more interested in winning the argument than in actually exploring the subject.

In this 6 Hat Game,
    Each Hat Represents a Basic Type of Thinking:

• White Hat
      suggests paper, concerns information. What information do we have? what information do we need?; What information is missing?; The White Hate is used to direct attention to available or missing information
    • Red Hat
      suggests fire and warmth. The red hat is to do with feelings, intuition, and emotions. You may not know the reasons why you do or do not like something. When the red hat is used you have the opportunity to put forward your feelings and intuitions without any explanation at all.
    • Black Hat
      the most useful and most often used. Reminding us of judges robes, the Black hat is used for caution. The Black hat stops us from doing things that are harmful. It points out the risks and why something may not work. Without the Black Hat we would be in trouble all the time, however it should not be over-used
    • Green Hat
      suggests vegetation, growth, energy and life. The green hat is the energy hat. Here you put forward proposals and suggestions and propose new ideas and alternatives. Under the green hat you suggest modifications and variations for a suggested idea. The green hat allows you to put forward possibilities. When the Green Hat is in use everyone makes an effort to be creative.
    • Blue Hat
      is for looking at the thinking process itself. What should we do next? What have we achieved so far? We can use the blue hat at the beginning of a discussion in order to define what we are thihnking about and to decide what we want to have achieved at the end of our thinking. The blue hat may be used to order the sequence of hats that we are going to be using and to summarize what we achieved
    • Yellow Hat
      sunshine and optimism. Under the yellow hat we make a direct effort to find the values and benefits in a suggestions. What is good about this? Even if we do not like the idea, the yellow hat asks us to seek out the good points. Where are the benefits? Who is going to benefit? How will the benefits materialize?

Each round has a dealer who will pick a subject and a hat to go with it, every player makes one point in rotation until there are no points left to make, then a new subject and hat are picked:

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
  3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Love the thought of this , maybe it can bring us closer as a family here !
    and it can also open new doors , something we need to really think about and try
    Thank u sister for sharing such gemstone.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    She's been a gone a while but I hope she sees this when she comes back so she can explain it further in practice.

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    My hats are Green and Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Tru-dat , me too because i would love to try this !

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Aint nothin to it but to do it

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    This is the Balm of Gilead, and what the alchemists called the Philosopher's Stone