The Things Kids Say and Do...

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Thandiwe, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    okay, this should be fun...

i have a five y/o son. she still sleeps with me. i've even tried putting another bed in my room just for him. to wean him from my bed. :lol: i was about as successful with breastfeeding. let's say we stayed "connected" for 18 months. (ouch)

the other morning we are laying in bed, we both sleep with no shirt. it's get too **** hot for me at night. he does as i do. if i sleep with a shirt, he does. if i don't...

anyway the breasts aren't as firm as the use to be, no thanks to him. he looks over at my breast and says, "mom, shouldn't those be up there", as he's pointing to the touches the top of my chest.

2. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    off to kindergarten...

he son started kindergarten this year. he is in the halfday program, he missed the birthday dateline by 4 days. anyway, i have been dropping him off at school and walking him to his class since school started. a few weeks ago i told him that he was going have to start taking to bus TO school. he was excited and wanted to try it the next day. the next day came and he decided against it. i told him we would wait til he was ready.

this morning we get up earlier than usual. he done his bathroom grooming, fixed and eaten his bowl of cereal, and has dressed himself. he tells me, "i want to ride the bus to school but you won't let me." i'm like, "hey you can do that today if you want."

my son is painfully shy and won't assert himself (like his momma when she was young. YES, i was shy at one time) i started preparing him what would happen, explaining that there would be more people on the bus and to ask someone if he could sit with them if he couldn't find a seat. i also asked my neighbors who also attend the same school, to make sure he got a bus. i also told him that he would have to find his way to his class.

we usually kiss and hug each other as i drop him off at his classroom. at his last daycare he started making me move out of eyesight before we exchanged our affection. when i dropped him off at class, he makes me do it away from the doorway. before he didn't mind if his classmates saw him. (my boy is growing up.)
    today i figured i wouldn't chance getting a hug but i bent down for a kiss. while doing so i told him, as i usually do, "i'll see you when you get off the bus this afternoon." he hesitantly gave me the kiss and then placed his little hand to my mouth and said, "don't say that".

a lump developed in my throat and i fought back tears as he got on the bus and found a seat. he sat on the other side. good thing, i think if would have seen him ride off, i would hae waved again and the tears would have fallen.

i did call his classroom to make sure he got there. teacher said he made it just fine.

he done growed up!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yeap!!! a young king .....they can do things u think was never
    on there minds and say stuff unheard of ....

4. Watsy

Watsy Member MEMBER

Software Support
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thandi, it gets really painful when he won't want to hold your hand in public anymore ~ round about age 9 or 10. At about 12 or 13 he'll not want to hang out with you at all. At 16 (which is where we are now), he'll think he's a comedian and impersonator and will spend his efforts trying to entertain you.... they CAN be hilarious!

Remember all of the "firsts" and keep them close because before you know it you will have blinked ~ and he'll be sixteen talking about leaving you and going to college. I swear just 2 years ago my baby was 8 and now he's just about college-bound.

5. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    yeah, i miss him when he goes less than a block to spend the night with grandma. i guess i missed having his needs resting smack dab in the middle of my lower back. and having to tell him to, "move over" as he gradually makes his way to my side of the bed.

6. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    now my niece, 20 months old is quite different from how my son was at her age. she's quite aggressive (must be the capricorn in her.)

she gonna be the paint/glue/paste eating girl you knew in kindergarten.

the other day my sister calls telling me her daughter had just eaten a tube of lipstick. she ended up in her dad's face, opened mouth and said, "aaaaaaaa". he couldn't tell what she had eaten, i guess my sister recognize her shade of lipstick on her teeth.

she was taking a nap at my house yesterday. when i checked on her a few times. later she comes in with her hands covered with children's advil and incense ashes. she had emptied the contents of the medicine all over my bed.

just now i noticed her going for the ketchup bottle. she was about to wrap her lips around the top.

my niece is also a bully. i try to teach my son to be gentle and not do anything to hurt her. thing is she gets the best of him. for a while she use to go up to him, take both his cheeks in her hands and twist them. we didn't believe him when he said she was pinching him. i figured how bad could it be. then i witnessed it one day. she put him in a death drip. LOL!

7. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    i'd love to hear some more THINGS THAT KIDS DO AND SAY from yall.

i know yall gots some chil'ren. :D

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i can tell ya this one ......when my son was 5 he use to look
    out the window waiting for me to come home from work
    he run and hide somewhere and i had to fine him ....we did
    this every day one day i didn't look and he stayed in his hiding
    place and went to sleep i mean we look for him like two hours
    he was tucked away in the room under da bed sleep
    and this was too sweet when we go out he held so close to me
    he would put his little finger in my belt hoop as we walk
    kids can do the wildest thangz u know

9. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    rich, my sister was playing the same hide and seek game with us. actually she had talked about running away, but she was only about 7 so we knew she wouldn't go far. she hid in a closet we used for storage in a backroom. we called all over town and couldn't find her. when we were about ready to call the police, she awoke from her hiding place. she almost got her butt whipped because my mom didn't believe her. we had looked in the closet but she had covered herself with clothes.

10. wildflower7

wildflower7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

motherhood
    Ratings:
    +4
    last evening, my 2 yr old said, "mommy, it's a star!" and i said, "yes, it's a star. do you know who made the stars? Jesus."
    "Jesus made the stars? Jesus made the trees?"
    "yes, Jesus made the trees."
    the she said without missing a beat, "who made the fire truck?"

true story!